Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letbox is down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Letbox is down?

icryicry Member

Main Site -> https://letbox.com
Client Portal -> https://my.letbox.com

My VPS is also down for more than 30 min.

What about others?

Comments

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@icry said:

My VPS is also down for more than 30 min.

What about others?

Will update shortly

• icryicry Member

Thanks! We rely on you _/_

@icry said:

The PDU blow up in Los Angeles we working to got it replaced right away.

• icryicry Member

@key900 said:

@icry said:

The PDU blow up in Los Angeles we working to got it replaced right away.

Thanks for the Update!

• That can't possibly be right, http://status.letbox.net/ shows everything is operational.

• icry said: My VPS is also down for more than 30 min.

MORE THAN 30 MINUTES? Oh, man, sue them! Sue them! You must have lost millions!

On a serious note, you really opened a thread for a small outage without even opening a ticket to the provider itself and wait some hours for a response? And all that for a dirty cheap vps?

Thanked by 1HostDoc
    edited April 2019

Everything restored expect one server seems stuck due the power outage we are working into it.

Thanked by 1icry
  • @jvnadr said:

icry said: My VPS is also down for more than 30 min.

On a serious note, you really opened a thread for a small outage without even opening a ticket to the provider itself and wait some hours for a response? And all that for a dirty cheap vps?

To be fair, given the fact that the OP also left the URLs of the provider's website, their website also seems to be down at the moment?

Thanked by 1icry
  • @jvnadr said:
    On a serious note, you really opened a thread for a small outage without even opening a ticket to the provider itself and wait some hours for a response?

In fairness to the OP:

@icry said:

Which means he/she cannot open a ticket at all.

Thanked by 3skorous icry corbpie
  • @pullangcubo said:

@jvnadr said:
    On a serious note, you really opened a thread for a small outage without even opening a ticket to the provider itself and wait some hours for a response?

In fairness to the OP:

@icry said:

In all fairness this is a Lowend service, there is no excuse for opening a thread in LET after waiting only 30 minutes. Maybe after a few hours yes.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2019

pullangcubo said: Which means he/she cannot open a ticket at all.

sanvit said: To be fair, given the fact that the OP also left the URLs of the provider's website, their website also seems to be down at the moment?

In 30 MINUTES???? When he did not even try the alternatives like their twitter or fb page? And, again, IN 30 MINUTES????
    See other similar threads, like one member that opened a thread after 4 days of downtime. Something absolutely legit. BUT FOR 30 MINUTES???

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Imagine when you lying on the bed, streaming your favorite p0rn collections from your storage box, it suddenly stops working. Personally, I’d turn off my iPad and call it a day, but someone might freak out about this and open a thread on LET. Don't be too harsh on him. What he did it’s totally understandable.

Thanked by 2icry Janevski
  • Kiwi83 said: but someone might freak out about this and open a thread on LET. Don't be too harsh on him. What he did it’s totally understandable.

No. LET is a popular forum that many people use it searching for services. Threads like xxx provider is down, are bashing the provider. Much more when the outage is extremely limited and far less than any normal uptime guarantee low end hosters are promising to their clients.
    Not to mention that OP, a long time member, is not really active and he uses the forum mostly as his helpdesk...

Thanked by 2feezioxiii letbox
  • banxixbanxix Member
    edited April 2019

@jvnadr said:

Kiwi83 said: but someone might freak out about this and open a thread on LET. Don't be too harsh on him. What he did it’s totally understandable.

No. LET is a popular forum that many people use it searching for services. Threads like xxx provider is down, are bashing the provider. Much more when the outage is extremely limited and far less than any normal uptime guarantee low end hosters are promising to their clients.
    Not to mention that OP, a long time member, is not really active and he uses the forum mostly as his helpdesk...

Unless provider home site is down.
    You mentioned Facebook, Twitter, seriously? I never recall my providers' facebook, twitter.

Thanked by 2icry letbox
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Kinda pitiful to have a thread for a mere 30 minute-outage.

Hell, I think we've had threads for 3 minute-outage previously. I wish I were joking though.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • banxix said: You mentioned Facebook, Twitter, seriously? I never recall my providers' facebook, twitter.

So, you don't use their social presence but you use LET as helpdesk? Nice!

• edited April 2019

I dont think he was using it as a helpdesk, more like he was looking to see if others are having that issue as well. People tend to get worried when the host they found on LET suddenly disappears. And judging by the huge amount of fly-by-night hosts that have been around (HiFormance and the likes) - is he to blame that he gets worried that the host might really be gone gone?

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint icry
  • @jvnadr Take a chill pill man.

If a user opens a thread after attempting to contact the company (only to find that the site is dead as well), what’s the harm in opening a thread?

Plus, unlike some of the other threads, this one appears legitimate and it appears like he didn’t open this just to bash @key900. All he did was ask if anyone else was being hit by the outage.

(Now I’m not excusing any of the other threads; I just don’t see anything wrong with opening such threads when there is ex. unexpected downtime.)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2019

@doghouch OK, I guess it is not the day with the best mood for me. If LET guys think I over reacted, even if I don't think so, I apologize...

Thanked by 2doghouch letbox
  • @jvnadr said:

Kiwi83 said: but someone might freak out about this and open a thread on LET. Don't be too harsh on him. What he did it’s totally understandable.

OP didn't say LETBOX is a piece of shit and start a dispute right after he had 30 minutes downtime. All he did was is asking what happened when homepage, client area, and VPS all went down. He might be in the middle of using his VPS otherwise he might not even notice the downtime.

Lowend trouble makers like me even opened a thread like this. I wasn't even a customer of BuyVM at that time. :wink:

Don't be too harsh on him. He even waited for 30 minutes. :wink:

• deankdeank Member, Troll

For the record, I am always in nigh mood.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited April 2019

Love the English:

.. DPU has been blow up in Los Angeles..

Someone mention p0rn? Get those cheeks a blowin'! DPU is called "Janice" and can be your friend. :blush:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Love the English:

.. DPU has been blow up in Los Angeles..

Someone mention p0rn? Get those cheeks a blowin'! DPU is called "Janice" and can be your friend. :blush:

Seems that the case i had to make it illegal to avoid blow j.. anymore :smiley:

• We need a blow by blow account of what happened in LA.

• icryicry Member

@t0ny0 said:
    I dont think he was using it as a helpdesk, more like he was looking to see if others are having that issue as well. People tend to get worried when the host they found on LET suddenly disappears. And judging by the huge amount of fly-by-night hosts that have been around (HiFormance and the likes) - is he to blame that he gets worried that the host might really be gone gone?

Exactly what I was worried about!

I was just looking whether others were facing the problem too

doghouch said: Plus, unlike some of the other threads, this one appears legitimate and it appears like he didn’t open this just to bash @key900. All he did was ask if anyone else was being hit by the outage.

Yeah I didn't mean no harm. I just love @key900 service

Kiwi83 said: OP didn't say LETBOX is a piece of shit and start a dispute right after he had 30 minutes downtime. All he did was is asking what happened when homepage, client area, and VPS all went down. He might be in the middle of using his VPS otherwise he might not even notice the downtime.

True

@pullangcubo said:

@jvnadr said:

In fairness to the OP:

@icry said:

True> @sanvit said:

@jvnadr said:

icry said: My VPS is also down for more than 30 min.

To be fair, given the fact that the OP also left the URLs of the provider's website, their website also seems to be down at the moment?

Thanks

@jvnadr Bro. 30mins was just a way of saying it was around 1.5hrs by then. I didn't mean to bash the provider. Usually I take automated Daily Backups but missed for that site so got worried.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • @Kiwi83 said:
    Imagine when you lying on the bed, streaming your favorite p0rn collections from your storage box, it suddenly stops working. Personally, I’d turn off my iPad and call it a day, but someone might freak out about this and open a thread on LET. Don't be too harsh on him. What he did it’s totally understandable.

That is really dangerous.
    You cannot just call it a day half way through. Your male ovaries might get damaged.

• Is the autism level on this forum always so high?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • You have problems with people with autism @johnex31 ?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Wow and i get called that 3 letter acronym but @jvnadr just comes in and losses his shit on something that isnt even an issue.

• corbpie said: Wow and i get called that 3 letter acronym but @jvnadr just comes in and losses his shit on something that isnt even an issue.

Hahaha...