Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New SmallWeb by Ho-ost | £2/Year cPanel Shared Hosting in 3 Locations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New SmallWeb by Ho-ost | £2/Year cPanel Shared Hosting in 3 Locations

MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
edited April 2019 in Shared Hosting Offers

Introducing new SmallWeb by Ho-ost! Bitesize cPanel hosting!

SmallWeb was created for those who don't always need the full slice of the pie. If you're a starter, student, or just want to host a static website on a budget then SmallWeb is for you.

Visit the SmallWeb.net website

SmallWeb Bitesize cPanel Hosting Plan:

• Host 1 SmallWeb Website
  • 500MB Solid State Storage
  • 100GB Monthly Bandwidth
  • Automatic SSL Certificates
  • Free Softaculous Installer
  • Free Remote Daily Backup

Order UK - Order US - Order EU

No Codes, No Fuss, £2.00/Year.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Test IPv4 Address: 149.255.59.13

Charlotte, North Carolina
Test IPv4 Address: 107.161.114.34

Luxembourg, Europe
Test IPv4 Address: 107.189.3.7

SmallWeb is a a part of Ho-ost, which is a trading name of Cee Internet Services Ltd - Company Number 09970768. Registered in England & Wales.

Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Acceptable Usage Policy

Comments

• Nice Idea perfect for my static html sites. One question are the SSL's Lets Encrypt or cPanel?

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @TheRealDeal said:
    Nice Idea perfect for my static html sites. One question are the SSL's Lets Encrypt or cPanel?

EU has Let's Encrypt. UK & US are cPanel. :smiley:

• Like the new brand name. Good luck on your sales!

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @sanvit said:
    Like the new brand name. Good luck on your sales!

Thanks very much :smile:

• Adam1Adam1 Member

+1 from me (uk)

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • Welcome aboard!

• I Cee Boobies.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • Really good idea. I have not used shared hosting for a long while so I am wondering if the 500MB storage space includes space for database?

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited April 2019

@poisson said:
    Really good idea. I have not used shared hosting for a long while so I am wondering if the 500MB storage space includes space for database?

Yes, the space include mail and logs too

Thanked by 2poisson MichaelCee
  • @FAT32 said:

Looks like one WordPress installation is about all it can handle.

• @poisson said:

@FAT32 said:

Looks like one WordPress installation is about all it can handle.

Why install WordPress if everything in LET is meant to be idled?

In a serious note though, you could use jekyll instead to save up some space. You could also use it as a test bed for your new script, etc.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Ho-ost: For a moment, I thought that you had grown tired of your old (hyphenated) name. :wink:

By the way, is an email address included in this plan?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited April 2019

@angstrom said:
    @Ho-ost: For a moment, I thought that you had grown tired of your old (hyphenated) name. :wink:

Technically. While in development I posed unlimited email as a selling point but there is only the 500MB :)

Edit; It's still in development, so please do give your feedbacks. Any love for a smaller plan? Or an extra 256MB? 100? Free crisps/chips in the mail? You tell me.

Thanked by 1404error
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@Ho-ost said:

@angstrom said:

Technically. While in development I posed unlimited email as a selling point but there is only the 500MB :)

For the price, I find the specs very reasonable.

Naturally, the email space wouldn't be "unlimited", but an email address would nevertheless be a plus. Or would you prefer to avoid email altogether on this plan? (Which I could kind of understand.)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2019

poisson said: Looks like one WordPress installation is about all it can handle.

WP is alone something around 35MB. For a small semi-dynamic site with no frequent updates and not tons of stuff, 500MB will be more than enough. For example, a small local store that want to have an internet presence with some info, photos, contact details and maybe a news/blog section, something that do not expect the traffic of the Wallmart's site, 500MB disk and 100GB traffic will be way more than enough. With a cost of £2/y, this seem a really nice offer - but as in any offer, it can fit in certain needs. Don't expect that can handle traffic and needs more that what it is...

• angstrom said: Or would you prefer to avoid email altogether on this plan? (Which I could kind of understand.)

Not necessarily avoid, but perhaps by justification only.

• jvnadr said: WP is alone something around 35MB. For a small semi-dynamic site with no frequent updates and not tons of stuff, 500MB will be more than enough.

Yep. If you're a basic blogger come aboard - if you are the type to have plugins and themes obtained and stored since 1999 then maybe not. :wink:

• Last time I tried dirty cheap shared hosting didn't go very well. AlphaReeks shared hosting really traumatized me. The IP was blacklisted, the server load was insanely high, cPanel license expired every few weeks, etc... It's not even suitable for an HTML contact page. I never tried any shared hosting under $20/yr after that.

I saw you posted cheap shared hosting plans around $5/yr several times and now you start a brand offering shared hosting at even lower price. I keep wondering can you make any profit without sanely overselling? Or it's just ... AlphaReeks sucks?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited April 2019

@Kiwi83 said:
    Last time I tried dirty cheap shared hosting didn't go very well. AlphaReeks shared hosting really traumatized me. The IP was blacklisted, the server load was insanely high, cPanel license expired every few weeks, etc... It's not even suitable for an HTML contact page. I never tried any shared hosting under $20/yr after that.

I saw you posted cheap shared hosting plans around $5/yr several times and now you start a brand offering shared hosting at even lower price. I keep wondering can you make any profit without sanely overselling? Or it's just ... AlphaReeks sucks?

Alpha 100% Reeks but you're right there is difficulty in being so low-end and trying to make a buck. This brand is to seperate my old promotional offers to something simple and targeted at smaller use cases. And I haven't had cPanel expire for a few years. You're always welcome to give us a try! We have a 30 day money back guarantee :wink:

• @Kiwi83 said:
    Last time I tried dirty cheap shared hosting didn't go very well. AlphaReeks shared hosting really traumatized me. The IP was blacklisted, the server load was insanely high, cPanel license expired every few weeks, etc... It's not even suitable for an HTML contact page. I never tried any shared hosting under $20/yr after that.

Yup. It's just a AlphaRacks thing.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • Ho ho ho ost! I will give it a shot.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • Good to know =]