Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How hetzner cloud billing works?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How hetzner cloud billing works?

Never used cloud before. HEtzner says it charges 4.9 EUR /month. They also say they charge per hour too.

I am unable to figure out what does it mean? Using of what? If I run 1-3 sites that are visited 2000/day/site, can I cross the capped amount?

Does the usage include Machine administration too?

Comments

• 1) they charge per hour and with a maximum per month of the monthly amount. The 4gb instance is 0.008EUR/hour so 612 hours would be 4.9 EUR, but a month is actually about 720 hours. Basically if you use more than 612 hours in a month (leave it running all the time so 612 hours occurs around the 25th of the month) you get the rest of the month free.

2) you won't use anywhere near 20TB with a normal site (not hosting a ton of video or whatever) with 6000 visits a day.

3) no these are self-administered. Managed servers always cost more.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi @pknerd.
    what @willie wrote is true.
    If you need support with administration though, one of our (virtual) managed servers might be the better choice for you.
    Here's the info for our sales team if you need more advice: https://www.hetzner.com/support-form.
    They'll be happy to recommend you the right server for your specific use case.

--Julia, Marketing

Thanked by 2eol Lutung
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Hetzner!

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Bring Katie back.

Thanked by 1desperand
  • AmitzAmitz Member

I see nothing wrong with Julia. Both would be best, of course.

Thanked by 2willie Hetzner_OL
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

If you deploy the cheapest instance and run it for less then 1 hour, its free.
    Since its rounding it, it results to zero.

No idea if they fixed that.

• williewillie Member
    edited April 2019

It shows up as 0.00 on your invoice since it's rounded to the nearest 0.01 or maybe the next lower. But it is still tracked. If you do it 3 times (3 x 0.0004 = 0.012) that does get charged as 0.01. This came up in some of the other threads.

• t0mt0m Member

pknerd said: How hetzner cloud billing works?

Well, they will charge you for having an instance, doesn't matter if you use it or not. You pay for the reserved resources (hard lesson for me; Paid almost €60 for a cloud server that was up for no more then 15 minutes).
    So, if you're planning on running your websites on it, you end up paying the maximum advertised price per month, just like @willie explained earlier.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

pknerd said: Does the usage include Machine administration too

:o

Thanked by 1Aidan