Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpharacks acquired W00tH0sting and NFP - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alpharacks acquired W00tH0sting and NFP

Comments

• @MasonR said:

@FAT32 said:

@dahartigan said:
    And now NFP also. Lol. They were the same host the whole time anyway..

In Chinese community, they call Alpha, w00t, NFP, h0stmybytes the "big 4", someone joked about it yesterday that all of them will potentially merge together and here we are now.

I'm genuinely curious how the Chinese tech communities regard the oversold 4. Do they find their services acceptable or are they recognized as the giant crap pile they all are? I wonder if the rest of us Westerners just have higher expectations or something.

I'd love to know this too.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited April 2019

@MasonR said:
    I'm genuinely curious how the Chinese tech communities regard the oversold 4. Do they find their services acceptable or are they recognized as the giant crap pile they all are? I wonder if the rest of us Westerners just have higher expectations or something.

No, most of them recognize them as a crap service with bad IO / CPU / Network etc, they call it "Big 4" in a sarcastic way, this title is also given with the fact that they oversell a lot.

Recently, there is a poll of the best providers out of the cheapest providers in the industry and this is the ranking, which can conclude something about the interests of Chinese market.

1) VirMach - 35.53%
    2) Alpharacks - 9.78%
    3) W00t - 8.38%
    4) H0stMyBytes - 5.99%
    5) NFP - 4.99%
    6) Cloudcone - 4.79%
    7) Hif0rmance - 4.59%

(3 providers are removed from the list because those are added for the purpose of making it into 10 options, but not in the low-end market)

Source: https://www.hostloc.com/thread-528537-1-1.html

• Maybe they sell from same node

• @MasonR said:

@FAT32 said:

@dahartigan said:

In Chinese community, they call Alpha, w00t, NFP, h0stmybytes the "big 4", someone joked about it yesterday that all of them will potentially merge together and here we are now.

obviously because of affordable price, and 90% chinese user use these cheap offer to cross the GFW,

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited April 2019

I believe I forgot to mention this (as covered by deanjing), despite it is crap, some of the VPS actually works pretty well because all the neighbours are idling the machine. Moreover, some of them can even reach fast speed (About 50Mbps) for the connectivity to China so they still like it.

Furthermore, if the IPs are blocked, they don't lose much because it is just a few dollars per year for a new machine.

Thanked by 2MasonR poisson
  • lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited April 2019

@MasonR said:

@FAT32 said:

@dahartigan said:

"Amazing price to get a dedicated IP address hosting"
    Can be a great choice for: VPN / Backup VPS / Website (regardless of speed / SLA)

> $5/m = OMFG
    $2/m - $5/m = Luxury brand
    $1/m - $2/m = anyNode
    < $1/m = Nice offer √

Thanked by 2MasonR coreflux
  • crap acquires crap and more crap. Honestly I would use Alpharacks for non important stuff but I wouldn't go within a mile of NFP or W00t. I know Alpha has crap reviews also but there are at least some positive experiences there.

• h2oh2o Member

BREAKING NEWS

Dear NFPHosting Customer,
    We are excited to announce that NFPHosting has been acquired by AlphaRacks, a premium IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service) provider based in Los Angeles, CA. Initially started in 2006, the AlphaRacks brand launched mainstream premium hosting services in 2013. We currently support over 60,000 clients of all sizes in over 150 countries worldwide, and the acquisition of NFPHosting will bring us to over 75,000 active clients. This brings great news for you, we hope you’re as excited as we are!

Who's next?

• @h2o said:
    BREAKING NEWS

Dear NFPHosting Customer,
    We are excited to announce that NFPHosting has been acquired by AlphaRacks, a premium IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service) provider based in Los Angeles, CA. Initially started in 2006, the AlphaRacks brand launched mainstream premium hosting services in 2013. We currently support over 60,000 clients of all sizes in over 150 countries worldwide, and the acquisition of NFPHosting will bring us to over 75,000 active clients. This brings great news for you, we hope you’re as excited as we are!

Who's next?

I guess Host My Bytes?

• h2oh2o Member

@sanvit said:
    I guess Host My Bytes?

LostMyBytes :smile:
    LostedSimply :smiley:
    VPSAO :blush:

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @h2o said:

@sanvit said:
    I guess Host My Bytes?

LostMyBytes :smile:
    LostedSimply :smiley:
    VPSAO :blush:

Maybe AlphaRacks taking over LEB? Or were they the same thing all along?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

sanvit said: Maybe AlphaRacks taking over LEB? Or were they the same thing all along?

What an absolute unit.

Francisco

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • FaiziFaizi Member

I think they spawn several hosting companies, run it for a while then choose which is the least problematic to merge into.

• @Francisco said:

sanvit said: Maybe AlphaRacks taking over LEB? Or were they the same thing all along?

What an absolute unit.

Francisco

Yesterday I brought buyshared 20GB reseller plan for my 3 small website. And moved from NFP.

Now I'm feeling buyshared is slower then nfp. I got lv-shared03 node. My websites are opening very slowly. Now testing under cloudflare if it loading fast.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

rohitpoint said: Yesterday I brought buyshared 20GB reseller plan for my 3 small website. And moved from NFP.

Now I'm feeling buyshared is slower then nfp. I got lv-shared03 node. My websites are opening very slowly. Now testing under cloudflare if it loading fast.

Why not ticket and we can see if you're hitting a Cloudlinux limit?

Node has plenty of resources spare either way.

Francisco

• what......... is this a joke or something 눈ㅇ눈

• @Kiwi83 said:
    what......... is this a joke or something 눈ㅇ눈

What do you mean by 눈ㅇ눈?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

AlphaRacks Acquires NFPHosting

wow, dayum.

• @Francisco said:

rohitpoint said: Yesterday I brought buyshared 20GB reseller plan for my 3 small website. And moved from NFP.

Why not ticket and we can see if you're hitting a Cloudlinux limit?

Node has plenty of resources spare either way.

Francisco

Thanks for reply... Now its my 1st day with hosting, let me test few more days. If I found any problem with it, then I will open ticket.

• @sanvit said:

@Kiwi83 said:

What do you mean by 눈ㅇ눈?

(ㅇㅂㅇ)
    (ᇂдᇂ )
    (눈ㅇ눈)

The fun part is 눈 looks like an eye (suffered from Insomnia) and acually means eye.

Thanked by 2uptime imok
  • @Kiwi83 said:

@sanvit said:

@Kiwi83 said:

What do you mean by 눈ㅇ눈?

(ㅇㅂㅇ)
    (ᇂдᇂ )
    (눈ㅇ눈)

The fun part is 눈 looks like an eye (suffered from Insomnia) and acually means eye.

I've seen similar ones but never seen 눈ㅇ눈 ;)

• @sanvit said:

@Kiwi83 said:

@sanvit said:

@Kiwi83 said:

What do you mean by 눈ㅇ눈?

(ㅇㅂㅇ)
    (ᇂдᇂ )
    (눈ㅇ눈)

Hahaha that's because I created that one myself when I was learning Korean. It was quite popular among my classmates though.

• h2oh2o Member
    edited April 2019

@Kiwi83 said:

@sanvit said:

@Kiwi83 said:

@sanvit said:

@Kiwi83 said:

What do you mean by 눈ㅇ눈?

(ㅇㅂㅇ)
    (ᇂдᇂ )
    (눈ㅇ눈)

Hahaha that's because I created that one myself when I was learning Korean. It was quite popular among my classmates though.

usually used by our asians... it's more convenient ( input by ime )...

Σ( ° △ °|||)︴ shocked
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ like/kiss
    凸(艹皿艹 ) wtf
    ╰(°▽°)╯ suprised
    (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧ yeah
    (눈_눈) sluggish
    (✧◡✧) expected

( *・ω・)✄╰ひ╯ (guess...)

Thanked by 3uptime Faizi imok
  • LESLES Member

All affiliates values and account credits have not been transferred, this saves a lot of money.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited April 2019

Excerpt from their NFPHosting release:

The company typically invests in companies with a minimum $1M USD to $2M USD in annual revenue.

Is this some sort of joke? Or maybe they're confusing USD with ZWD?

If NFP was somehow pulling in $1-2M of annual revenue, then I think it's time I get into CC's pants and become a LEB shithost.

Edit: Also, as @LES mentioned -- there's no indication of affiliate payouts being honored nor account credits being transferred. Maybe someone who is in this boat can ticket and share their response?

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • The aff payouts are in account credits only

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • eoleol Member

@dahartigan said:

This.

Thanked by 2dahartigan Egyarmy
  • The service is very baddddddd. They changed my Ip, and now I ask for update the rdns since 14 days, I still wait for.

• StrypStryp Member

I don't know - I have two services from NFPHosting - $1/yr webhosting and $7/yr 1GB VPS. Website is shit and slow, has around 99.36% uptime but as it's an idling site it doesn't matter (I bought it for the domain only), while the VPS has 100% uptime (been tracking since 8 days). VPS is fast, supports tun/tap so OpenVPN is an option and even Netflix doesn't block the IP.

• Combined, it's like a mr whippy turd.

IMO they're all of low quality, 'value' aside.