Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chicago, Istanbul VPS - 2 Core | 4GB RAM | 50GB SSD - $6,49/mo - $50,00/yr [Limited Offers]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chicago, Istanbul VPS - 2 Core | 4GB RAM | 50GB SSD - $6,49/mo - $50,00/yr [Limited Offers]

HostiggerHostigger Member, Host Rep

USA our servers work with 4x E7-4870 Processors and SSD Disk Storages. As is known, the SSD Disk reads and writes fast. Our servers are located in Chicago

Europe our servers work with 4x E7-4870 Processors and SSD Disk Storages. As is known, the SSD Disk reads and writes fast. Our servers are located in Istanbul

Limited Offers VPS

• 2 Core CPU
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 50 GB PureSSD
  • 5 TB Bandwidth
  • 250 Mbit/s Port
  • 1 Usable IP Address
  • Istanbul or Chicago

$6,49/mo | $50,00/yr - Order Now

Available Operating Systems

• CentOS 6
  • CentOS 7
  • Debian 8
  • Debian 9
  • Ubuntu 14.04
  • Ubuntu 16.04
  • Ubuntu 18.04
  • Windows Server 2008 R2
  • Windows Server 2012 R2

The specified network speeds may vary depending on the distance between the location of your country and the server location. When you fill in your monthly traffic, your network speed will be updated to 50 Mbps

Comments

• Not Constanople?

Thanked by 1Creativity
  • 4x E7-4870 is nice deal with this pricing

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2019

You guys need to get your shit together. Your location in Turkey is almost useless, especially for anything production.

My server has been down and unreachable since 5:34AM EST today:

http://prntscr.com/n53i6t
    http://prntscr.com/n53fgg

This week alone I have been receiving notifications of my server being unreachable for about 2-3 hours a day. I am not sure how you consider this to be 'okay'. I haven't opened tickets to you, because its obvious you don't know what your doing and I will just get some excuse.

Can you please get your shit together before you put even more people in the same situation?

EDIT2: And its still down now @ 1:14 PM EST - http://prntscr.com/n54ygo

That is now 8 hours its been down today??

EDIT3: This made me ROFL, got this in an e-mail from them at 5:16 AM this morning it seems and I had missed it until now:

Subject: [Maintenance] Short-term service interruption Dear customer.

Compute Nodes in our Openstack infrastructure will have a short-term service outage due to security update. The interruption will take 1 minute.

Thank you for your understanding.

So much for it being '1 minute', LOL.

EDIT4: So seems they REBOOTED all the servers and didn't convey this, so this is why my VMs offline, while earlier it wasn't online at all (couldn't even access the network), now after logging into the panel it seems I can access the console and after booting it, its now back online.

Glad they took the time to update this thread and provide some information.... NOT.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

TheLinuxBug said: My server has been down and unreachable since 5:34AM EST today:

Their LG is also down at the moment.

• TheLinuxBug said: You guys need to get your shit together. Your location in Turkey is almost useless, especially for anything production.

No wonder. These guys had their provider tag removed before, not sure why they got it back.

• ups, i tought the bulky makes the advertising at l-box and not here???

• HostiggerHostigger Member, Host Rep

@TheLinuxBug said:
    You guys need to get your shit together. Your location in Turkey is almost useless, especially for anything production.

http://prntscr.com/n53i6t
    http://prntscr.com/n53fgg

This week alone I have been receiving notifications of my server being unreachable for about 2-3 hours a day. I am not sure how you consider this to be 'okay'. I haven't opened tickets to you, because its obvious you don't know what your doing and I will just get some excuse.

Can you please get your shit together before you put even more people in the same situation?

EDIT2: And its still down now @ 1:14 PM EST - http://prntscr.com/n54ygo

That is now 8 hours its been down today??

EDIT3: This made me ROFL, got this in an e-mail from them at 5:16 AM this morning it seems and I had missed it until now:

Subject: [Maintenance] Short-term service interruption Dear customer.

Compute Nodes in our Openstack infrastructure will have a short-term service outage due to security update. The interruption will take 1 minute.

Thank you for your understanding.

So much for it being '1 minute', LOL.

EDIT4: So seems they REBOOTED all the servers and didn't convey this, so this is why my VMs offline, while earlier it wasn't online at all (couldn't even access the network), now after logging into the panel it seems I can access the console and after booting it, its now back online.

Glad they took the time to update this thread and provide some information.... NOT.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

No action has been taken without informing you. The downtime lasted 1-2 minutes, as was the information given. And it was activated after 1-2 minutes. If you do not have access to your virtual server, it may be because of something else. You must request support for this. Because there are more than 10,000 virtual servers in the Istanbul location, there may be unexpected problems in some virtual servers. And when the customer notifies us, this problem is immediately corrected.

@rm_ said:

TheLinuxBug said: My server has been down and unreachable since 5:34AM EST today:

Their LG is also down at the moment.

LG Active;
    http://lg.ist.hostigger.com/

And also, the specified 1-2-minute deduction has nothing to do with the products sold on this sale.

The virtual servers we sell in this regard have VMware infrastructure.

Today, the servers that are interrupted for 1-2 minutes are the servers that belong to the openstack infrastructure.

@Hurley said:

TheLinuxBug said: You guys need to get your shit together. Your location in Turkey is almost useless, especially for anything production.

No wonder. These guys had their provider tag removed before, not sure why they got it back.

The reason for the problem is that our former employee does not read the current forum rules. We're not breaking any forum rules right now.

edited March 2019

Hostigger said: No action has been taken without informing you. The downtime lasted 1-2 minutes, as was the information given. And it was activated after 1-2 minutes. If you do not have access to your virtual server, it may be because of something else. You must request support for this. Because there are more than 10,000 virtual servers in the Istanbul location, there may be unexpected problems in some virtual servers. And when the customer notifies us, this problem is immediately corrected.

Doesn't explain the multiple instances where connectivity was fully lost to the server over the past week?

This isn't like its happened one time, its a repeat thing.

I wouldn't have made a big deal about it otherwise.

@TheLinuxBug said:

Hostigger said: No action has been taken without informing you. The downtime lasted 1-2 minutes, as was the information given. And it was activated after 1-2 minutes. If you do not have access to your virtual server, it may be because of something else. You must request support for this. Because there are more than 10,000 virtual servers in the Istanbul location, there may be unexpected problems in some virtual servers. And when the customer notifies us, this problem is immediately corrected.

Doesn't explain the multiple instances where connectivity was fully lost to the server over the past week?

This isn't like its happened one time, its a repeat thing.

I wouldn't have made a big deal about it otherwise.

You should open a support request when there is a problem. The problem you're saying is not a problem with every customer. If you open and report a support request, we can solve your problems. We don't have a single node server. There are hundreds of servers available.

Regards

Exemplary,

A client just filed a request for support.

The customer's server is active. It can access via VNC. However, the IP address was not working. After our checks, we identified a problem with the IP address. And when we changed the IP address, the problem was corrected.

There may be various problems like this. Such problems also occur in AWS services. You should ask for support when there is a problem for this, and we should solve it.

We don't sell a service that we don't support. Our first priority is customer satisfaction.

Regards
    Hostigger

• @Hostigger said:
    Because there are more than 10,000 virtual servers in the Istanbul location

I ran a ip to asn, then looked up the asn of your LG.

@teamacc said:

@Hostigger said:

Yes. What is the problem ?

• @Hostigger said:

@teamacc said:

@Hostigger said:

How can you claim "more than 10000 virtual servers" with only 3k ips assigned to the entire datacenter?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@teamacc said:
    How can you claim "more than 10000 virtual servers" with only 3k ips assigned to the entire datacenter?

Not taking sides but, NAT VPS :p

@teamacc said:

@Hostigger said:

@teamacc said:

@Hostigger said:

We have a sales partnership with 1 ISP in Turkey and 15 hosting companies. They use their own IP addresses. Our Datacenter is Equinix datacenter (AS42910) .

For your information.

@BlaZe said:

@teamacc said:

Not taking sides but, NAT VPS :p

Thanks.

The rate of our customers using NAT VPS is about 8%.

edited April 2019

@Hostigger So my servers now down again since 7:18 AM EST today. I am curious what the excuse is this time? Another maintenance you didn't send an e-mail about?

I haven't logged in to check, but I am guessing you just randomly restarted all the servers and since mine doesn't return online automatically without intervention, effectively this means my services have been down now for 7 hours without any notice from you of why.

You say you have ' 10,000' customers, but if this is how you are treating customers, I am not sure how you would have even half that claimed amount.

Communication is king my friend, Hostigger seems to be failing at it miserably.

Edit: Nope, seems it's all messed up: http://prntscr.com/ndu9dr (an no, that isn't my password in the image in case you wondered).

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1Hostigger
  • You did order a "Zero" plan, FWIW.

@TheLinuxBug said:
    @Hostigger So my servers now down again since 7:18 AM EST today. I am curious what the excuse is this time? Another maintenance you didn't send an e-mail about?

I haven't logged in to check, but I am guessing you just randomly restarted all the servers and since mine doesn't return online automatically without intervention, effectively this means my services have been down now for 7 hours without any notice from you of why.

You say you have ' 10,000' customers, but if this is how you are treating customers, I am not sure how you would have even half that claimed amount.

Communication is king my friend, Hostigger seems to be failing at it miserably.

Edit: Nope, seems it's all messed up: http://prntscr.com/ndu9dr (an no, that isn't my password in the image in case you wondered).

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Hi,

There was a statement about the interruption.The virtual server you bought is a cheap virtual server. With the infrastructure of cheap sold virtual servers, the server infrastructure that is sold at more normal prices is not the same. Accordingly, certain uptime rates are available.

We work with AWS for certain locations. And although they are not cheap, they have similar problems.

We are not the only company that provides the customer with interruption in its services. Every company has similar problems.

When the problem occurs, our first priority is to solve the problem and after the problem is solved, we explain the situation to the customer.

Of the said cheap virtual server services, the uptime rate is 99.2%. and this is an acceptable uptime rate.

Our goal is not to give trouble to anyone, to provide continuous service. However, things may not go as we hope. But we solve the problems sooner or later.

Also, 10,000 customers you mentioned don't use the same infrastructure. We have many platforms and customer groups.

For your information.

I wish you a good day.

Also, please send us your support request if you want. Let's transfer your infrastructure to the VMWare infrastructure at the same location. We didn't have any problems with the VMware infrastructure.

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited April 2019

@Hostigger please stop bumping your overpriced offer thread.

If you've something to offer, eggs? then go post it lol.

edited April 2019

Hostigger said: There was a statement about the interruption.The virtual server you bought is a cheap virtual server. With the infrastructure of cheap sold virtual servers, the server infrastructure that is sold at more normal prices is not the same. Accordingly, certain uptime rates are available.

To note, I did not even buy the LET special, I bought a special that was DIRECTLY advertised on your website at the time I visited it. So what your saying is, you don't value the customers who take advantage of your specials and unless I spend more money I don't matter as a customer?

You sure seem to have a poor way of attracting more business. If you can't treat your small customers the same as your big ones, then guess what, they will never become large customers and your already screwing your self! I can assure you, after the last 5 months of services I have had and the track record you have so far, along with this delicious morsel of a post, this isn't the way to get me to spend anymore money with your company. To give you an idea, I spend more monthly on servers than most do on their car payment, so digest that for a bit and consider if maybe you have taken the wrong approach here?

You simply CAN NOT keep the server online for even a month at a time without issues, do you realize that? With that track record, your going to come here and tell me also that I am not important because I don't spend more money? To put this in perspective for you, your services are simply not stable enough to even put anything production on the server. Up till now, the server has been idling since I can't even go 3 weeks without the thing being offline. Who in their right mind would put something production on a server like that?

Why are you even selling services here? This obviously isn't the customer base for you based on your attitude about customer who don't spend lots of money with you, which it turns out, is what almost all LET customers will end up being.

You had a chance to come here and admit your mistake, address that your making things better and move on. I would have even mentioned the fact that, later that day I got a ticket, explaining you ran into some issues and may have even mentioned that was a step in the right direction and I appreciated it. However, instead, you decided to basically tell me I am of no value to you or your business? I just... don't even... WOW!

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• What side of Istanbul is it, the Asian side or the European side? I love that country, but sadly I can't go back.

Thanked by 1Hostigger
  • williewillie Member
    edited April 2019

That is terrible even for LET. It's almost 6 hours down every month.

Hi,

My writing is completely misunderstood. We support each customer in the same way. The problem is not a problem caused by us. This is a problem with Openstack, and this issue can happen to any company that uses openstack infrastructure. If we were using the openstack infrastructure in the expensive platform, there would have been this problem.

Previously we had a problem with Datacenter in Chicago. This problem was not a problem caused by us. Datacenter was a problem with the cooling system. We try to work with the best quality datacenter. But everything is not always perfect.

Our aim is to serve you in the best quality way. I'm sorry for being misunderstood.

We're doing everything we can to make our services more stable.

I would like to announce that we will start to serve in different locations very soon.

Our only goal is customer satisfaction.

Also please do not hesitate to share with us the topics you see missing.

Thanks.

@willie

There is no deduction every month. This type of interruption occurred for the first time.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug

@Creativity said:
    What side of Istanbul is it, the Asian side or the European side? I love that country, but sadly I can't go back.

We are currently working with Equinix IDC1 on the european side. He will soon be active on the Asia side.