Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a China VPS or VPN that is behind the Great firewall
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a China VPS or VPN that is behind the Great firewall

Hi,

Is is maybe possible to get a VPS (On which I would setup a VPN, so I can connect to it remotely) or a VPN service that is behind the Great Firewall of China?

This is for an experiment, to show how the government blocks western services and websites in China. This will be used for educational purposes, as I'm doing a presentation on this topic.

I need to be able to show how it looks to be in China. Yes I know that I can host my own VPN and block IPs and websites with IPTables and such, but to make this more authentic I would like to have a real Chinese VPS or a VPN.

I know that this may sound unusual, but I would appreciate if someone can help me with this. And going to china is not an option :D for me at the moment.

Specs are not very important, since I will be just running OpenVPN or some other to be able to connect and show the filtering of GFWC.

Specs: 512MB RAM, 1vCPU.
Willing to pay: $5-20 per month. (Will use it only one month).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited March 2019

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/144572/looking-for-a-vps-hosted-in-mainland-china

Ivacy VPN has china servers and I wasn't able to connect Google through it. The lifetime package is out of your budget for a month, but inside your budget for lifetime ($24/unlimited = 0) ;)

Thanked by 2Vita Ympker
  • VitaVita Member

For this fengHost I can see that it says "Forbidden to use OpenVPN" probably to host it, which may not be the thing I'm looking for.

As for uOvZ they have some mainland deals, but probably the same thing or they are more expensive.

Alibaba cloud also offers mainland but I'm not sure if they also restrict traffic and allow OpenVPN and other.

I would need someone to confirm to me which I can use and get experience like being in China. :smile:

• @Vita said:
    For this fengHost I can see that it says "Forbidden to use OpenVPN" probably to host it, which may not be the thing I'm looking for.

As for uOvZ they have some mainland deals, but probably the same thing or they are more expensive.

Alibaba cloud also offers mainland but I'm not sure if they also restrict traffic and allow OpenVPN and other.

I would need someone to confirm to me which I can use and get experience like being in China. :smile:

Why not try Ivacy then?

• VitaVita Member

@sanvit said:

@Vita said:

Why not try Ivacy then?

I've asked via their Live chat and they've said that China location is facing issues with Great Firewall of China, exactly what I need, but they are not offering this location anymore. Do you maybe know any other alternatives?

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited March 2019

@Vita said:

@sanvit said:

@Vita said:

Why not try Ivacy then?

I've asked via their Live chat and they've said that China location is facing issues with Great Firewall of China, exactly what I need, but they are not offering this location anymore. Do you maybe know any other alternatives?

Well, ive used their china server few days ago. :(

Edit : there is whaleblue.io which uses shadowsocks and has chinese server from aliyun (at least they did few weeks ago). Maybe have a try?

Edit2 : Ivacy china server is still connectable for now

• VitaVita Member

@sanvit said:

@Vita said:

@sanvit said:

@Vita said:

Why not try Ivacy then?

Edit : there is whaleblue.io which uses shadowsocks and has chinese server from aliyun (at least they did few weeks ago). Maybe have a try?

I've spoke with whaleblue.io support, they unlock the services like YouTube, Facebook and others so It's not what I'm looking for. They although recommended to try Alibaba cloud with mainland location and Windows.

As for Ivacy, they may be allowing this to you since you are an old customer of theirs, I'm not sure If I should take a risk with that.

Alibaba shows some insane price for basic VPS something in thousands of USD, also requires me to send all personal data like passport and a verification will be 2-4 days. So it is not what I was looking for.

• @Vita said:

@sanvit said:

@Vita said:

@sanvit said:

@Vita said:

Why not try Ivacy then?

I've spoke with whaleblue.io support, they unlock the services like YouTube, Facebook and others so It's not what I'm looking for. They although recommended to try Alibaba cloud with mainland location and Windows.

As for Ivacy, they may be allowing this to you since you are an old customer of theirs, I'm not sure If I should take a risk with that.

Alibaba shows some insane price for basic VPS something in thousands of USD, also requires me to send all personal data like passport and a verification will be 2-4 days. So it is not what I was looking for.

Yes. But whaleblue did have a china location for some reason and was located in mainland china. They have a 1 week trial so give them a try :)

• Try PureVPN then (Ivacy resells them):

https://support.purevpn.com/vpn-servers

They also have 2 china locations.

• VitaVita Member

Does anyone have experience with https://chinavpshosting.com ?
    Are their servers really located in China behind GFWC, or are they just geo located IPs?

• @Vita said:
    Does anyone have experience with https://chinavpshosting.com ?
    Are their servers really located in China behind GFWC, or are they just geo located IPs?

Suggestion here, the most popular cloud hosting oem is aliyun, Tencent, this two acquired almost 80% marking share. so pls check on aliyun international site.

• xxslxxsl Member, LIR

I’m glad to provide a nat one for free if you like, the network is under AS4812.

• I can provide a VPN for free. please PM me if you are interested in it.