Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

colocrossing resellers recent offers have "improved" their scam with 1Gbps Port.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

colocrossing resellers recent offers have "improved" their scam with 1Gbps Port.

ChuckChuck Member
edited March 2019 in General

The old offers were mostly 100Mbps Port.

So I decide to test their 1Gbps Port (HostFlyte - KVM, UMaxHosting - OpenVZ) . Max Download Speed it could get is 2.9 MiB/s = 24.3 Mbps.

So much for 1Gbps port.

Comments

• ONE MILLION DOLLARS

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Almost went with hostflyte kvm but decided to upgrade my UltraVPS instead.

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • next upgrade is "NVMe" ssd

• They are premium scams with superior potassium

Thanked by 1uxtvdl
  • ColoCroissant

• do hostflyte optimize hiformance ?

• Chuck said: So much for 1Gbps port.

Open a ticket, it will be useful to see what will they respond to that (I guess, they will tell that your test is fault, they will fix it etc. but let's see)

Thanked by 2uptime netomx
  • eoleol Member

@Chuck said:

So I decide to test their 1Gbps Port (HostFlyte - KVM, UMaxHosting - OpenVZ) . Max Download Speed it could get is 2.9 MiB/s = 24.3 Mbps.

So much for 1Gbps port.

You are aware it is shared?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Chuck do better please, your suggestion is that CC are to blame or that all resellers communicate and restrict ports?

Your methodology is akin to someone saying "I proved that Nissans are crap because I got a few second hand ones from back street dealers and they did not feel fast"

Apart from anything else you have not even mentioned a location and that have about 6.

Get a server from CC to prove CC are bad, all you have shown is that either your tests are crap (seems likely given the lack of effort in your post) or you found a couple of hosts that oversell on LET/B (le shock).

This is like pepsi and custard pudding, just put some effort in if your going to shitpost.

• @AnthonySmith does have a point. The LEB hosts you have mentioned don't particularly have good reviews. They probably oversell the ports on the servers. In the case of @VirMach that uses CC I have never experienced a issue with port speeds.

• poissonpoisson Member
    edited March 2019

maybe cc resellers is a tad bit too much of an overgeneralisation

• One or two descent ones do not make up for the hundreds of scammy hosts though. So I don't think its overgeneralization at all, more like proving a point.

• bamdbamd Member

@Chuck said:

So much for 1Gbps port.

Sure it underperforms for a bare gigabit connect, but...

Buys cheap VPS, from hobby companies ran by who? kids likely. Then expects to get full pipe which costs much more than cheap. Ignores contention and the neighbors on same hardware.

Nice that providers still pull these stunts to allow you near a full gigabit elsewhere. Not real sound thing to do. Like handing you a fire hose when you need sippy cup with lid attached.

But that stunt along with end dd's (not those you silly bastard) the disk variety for lolz is why Lowend customers are approaching IQ level of severe developmental disability.

Keep chasing the dream lads.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    @Chuck do better please, your suggestion is that CC are to blame or that all resellers communicate and restrict ports?

Your methodology is akin to someone saying "I proved that Nissans are crap because I got a few second hand ones from back street dealers and they did not feel fast"

Apart from anything else you have not even mentioned a location and that have about 6.

Get a server from CC to prove CC are bad, all you have shown is that either your tests are crap (seems likely given the lack of effort in your post) or you found a couple of hosts that oversell on LET/B (le shock).

This is like pepsi and custard pudding, just put some effort in if your going to shitpost.

Please take into account that CC is actively promoting these hosts using their services on their websites. In my opinion this makes CC at least partly liable for the crap quality that is perceived.

Thanked by 1bamd
  • bamdbamd Member

@teamacc said:
    Please take into account that CC is actively promoting these hosts using their services on their websites. In my opinion this makes CC at least partly liable for the crap quality that is perceived.

CC uses that it is just business blanket excuse. That they are providing bare service and not managing their customers businesses.

Sure, they are right. Big but is that too often behind the scenes they are wheeling and dealing specials to these same fools and enabling the lousy behavior. Everything from straight pushing dedicated servers in lieu of customer paying their invoices to enabling them to go extended periods with unpaid invoices and unsound practices.

In the real world it is hard to find parallels to what they've been doing. That's why they haven't been wrecked by legal, yet. Keyword is yet.

Deluxe should have done more due diligence before gobbling CC for their ill gotten IP assets.

(Looks at watch piece) I think it's time Deluxe starts shedding lowend customer base and frees those precious IPs up for more profitable use.

@teamacc said:

@AnthonySmith said:

My point was more that the lack of effort and information presented if anything does the opposite to the damage intended as it can simply be contested with “explain virmach then”

It’s l8ke saying nissans are shit because the second hand one I bought was bad.

No model, age, information as to why it was bad backed up with facts and figures or information on where it was bought, saying all nissans a re bad because the one you bought from honest Jon’s second hand car dealership is just stupid.

/2c

• bamdbamd Member

AnthonySmith said: can simply be contested with “explain virmach then”

I don't know. Virmach needs vetted harder.

Look at CC history and how deep they ran things in stealth. Nothing would surprise me.

Points to the dumpster fire that is Lowendbox. WTF happened that no one wants service from any other company/upstream? Can't be the free market.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@bamd said:

Look at CC history and how deep they ran things in stealth. Nothing would surprise me.

Points to the dumpster fire that is Lowendbox. WTF happened that no one wants service from any other company/upstream? Can't be the free market.

You've been busy today all of a sudden. Have you just awoken from your autumn+winter slumber?

Thanked by 1DataWagonKamil
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

angstrom said: You've been busy today all of a sudden. Have you just awoken from your autumn+winter slumber?

Seems very lude to me.

Francisco

Thanked by 1eol
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited March 2019

@Franf0r2020 said:
    Seems very lude to me.

lude indeed.

@bamd said:

Don’t get me wrong, if someone wants to take a swing at CC I am not going to hold them back :) I am just saying make some effort, the OP was pathetic.

I tested this it was slow, take my word for it, k thx bye.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Francisco said:

angstrom said: You've been busy today all of a sudden. Have you just awoken from your autumn+winter slumber?

Seems very lude to me.

Definitely very lude.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Its a conspiracy! No wait where is the lub?! Im going put some lube the hinges on the door so we can close this thread. I understand the vps are slow but maybe have more evidence to back this information up! If you can provide more info I will happily spread some lube and open this thread back up. So lube it up!

This discussion has been closed.