Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Cloud VPS and additional IPs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Cloud VPS and additional IPs

AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
edited March 2019 in Help

Has any one else got this combination? I'm trying to set rDNS/PTR for each additional IP but the screen hangs with refreshing and never completes. The primary IP was changed with no problem.
I've tried Firefox, Chrome, Browser in Android and grossly Edge in Windoze. All the same.

Before someone says it; I raised a Ticket but given I fixed my other two issues myself, before those Tickets were replied to, I don't hold out much hope. :-|

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Might try it through the API for your specific regions manager and see if there is any error.
    https://ca.api.ovh.com/console/#/ip/{ip}/reverse#POST

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited March 2019

@MikeA Thanks, I'll see if I can fathom it out.

EDIT2: Looks like it needs a specific login... will try to suss it out after food.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

we tried it

sometimes it happens, and sometimes it redirects to the login screen

have raised a support ticket

awaiting response

• If I switch to the old Control Panel, there's an API icon but it's greyed out.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2019

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @MikeA Thanks, I'll see if I can fathom it out.

EDIT2: Looks like it needs a specific login... will try to suss it out after food.

It's just your normal OVH login, for the specific regions control panel. This just sounds like an issue with the panel, which wouldn't really be anything new.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • Y'all gonna like this:
    OVH replied today. :-o (Paraphrased:) "Use the API being sure to authenticate at top right". Hell yeah! Of course, it didn't work again, as I couldn't authenticate; then a light bulb moment happened..
    Use user ID not email to login to the API. Tada! Worked.
    ((Goes off to a wee dark corner to wail.))