Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gebyte.com Special VPS Benchmark
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gebyte.com Special VPS Benchmark

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited March 2019 in General

So since I picked this one up recently when looking for a small&cheap VPS with dedicated IPv4 I thought I'd run a bench really quick.

Benchmark

CPU model : Common KVM processor

Number of cores : 1

CPU frequency : 1795.672 MHz

Total size of Disk : 14.0 GB (1.6 GB Used)

Total amount of Mem : 488 MB (47 MB Used)

Total amount of Swap : 508 MB (0 MB Used)

System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 5 min

Load average : 0,03, 0,20, 0,11

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 4.4.0-131-generic

I/O speed(1st run) : 208 MB/s

I/O speed(2nd run) : 313 MB/s

I/O speed(3rd run) : 313 MB/s

Average I/O speed : 278.0 MB/s (pretty nice for a HDD setup imho)

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed

CacheFly 205.234.175.175 11.4MB/s

Linode, Tokyo, JP 106.187.96.148 5.76MB/s

Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 4.54MB/s

Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 11.4MB/s

Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 11.4MB/s

Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 5.91MB/s

Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 7.21MB/s

Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 7.67MB/s

Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 11.4MB/s

Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 7.13MB/s

Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 1.18MB/s

Original Offer:

1 vCore

512 MB RAM

15 GB HDD

1x IPv4 inklusive

Traffic FairUse FLAT (control panel shows 2,5TB; Support also confirmed that a couple TB are fine)

DDoS Protected

100 Mbit/s

Hostsystem: 10.000 MBit/s

€1,00/Month (can be cancelled monthly and is based on a prepaid system. Meaning if there is no balance server expires automatically.)

IMPORTANT!

The server won't be provisioned right away. They are currently in the process of migrating their Server Panel & Infrastructure to a different Software and it seems like this will take a while. I ordered on Friday and after quite some back and forth (not to say their support was negative in any way) it got manually provisioned today. However there was a weekend in between so one could argue that it was not so long that I've had to wait anyway. Was worth it for the dedicated IPv4, the bench results and the monthly pricing of 1€. Whats more is they have promised to waive any invoices for my plan until the Panel has been fully migrated. They will then contact me and migrate my VPS to it. Until then it's free of charge :)
I just topped up 5 € (minimum) on their balance so when it starts billing again it is not canceled due to insufficent funds or me forgetting to pay the invoice.
The reason I even checked them out is because I've known them since a few years (when I was looking for Gameservers back then) and knew they were quite friendly and established. If this was a provider I didn't know at all I'd probably feel a bit different about this.

If anyone is still interested after all this: https://www.gebyte.com/prepaid-vserver

Regards,

Ympker

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

Hm, pre-paid system in Germany? Nice! Finally no stupid "send us a letter to cancel your server" policy. Thank you for heads up. 1EUR/month is peanuts for good server.

Thanked by 2Ympker poisson
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2019

@LTniger said:
    Hm, pre-paid system in Germany? Nice! Finally no stupid "send us a letter to cancel your server" policy. Thank you for heads up. 1EUR/month is peanuts for good server.

Yeah really convenient that way. Either remember to pay invoice, top up some money in advance or forget about it and let expire.
    I mean it's only 100 Mbit/s but from a low spec vps I usually don't need much more tbh.
    The I/O is surprisingly good for HDD.

• Interesting! Could you run a full serverscope.io bench? (Or at least the fio test: curious to know more about their iops.) Thanks!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • looks like a good deal thanks

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Looks pretty good :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • mlcmlc Member

No one response the ticket, and no delivery

• AndruAndru Member

You have to wait. It's a manual provisioning. Check first post.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @zuby2402 said:

At some point I expected this to happen. Thanks for replying in my stead.

• mlcmlc Member

@zuby2402 said:

I hope so. :smile:

• @mlc said:

@zuby2402 said:

I hope so. :smile:

To speed up the process:

Login to your client area. Fill out all the required * fields for your personal data (email, address..). Then open a support ticket saying your server hasn't been provisioned and ask if they can look into this manually. Also specify the OS you want. Ubuntu 17.04 and Debian 9 seem to be the latest supported ones. You may have gotten an (automatic) welcome email with your server ip, pw etc but that one didn't work for me (couldn't login or ping it). It was probably automatically generated by the currently not functioning Auto-Provision system. At the end I was given a totally different IP. They also don't send root credentials but a normal user with sudo rights for security.

Thanked by 1mlc
  • For what it's worth, it's been idling solid ;)

Uptime 82 days 21:58:52

Thanked by 2uptime AuroraZ