Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mount Drive
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mount Drive

I have a vps on asia,
How do I attach a storage at US ?

Comments

• ehabehab Member

bad idea.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @ehab said:
    bad idea.

he said asia. not necessarily china. totally usable with wireguard.

• ehabehab Member

@needavps did you try a peer networking with wireguard?

• @ehab said:
    @needavps did you try a peer networking with wireguard?

:neutral:

• sshfs

• The question is what is your performance expectation? I hope you won't be posting next that your 10GB file takes 12 hours to transfer from the US storage to your VPS.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@poisson said:
    The question is what is your performance expectation? I hope you won't be posting next that your 10GB file takes 12 hours to transfer from the US storage to your VPS.

Last I tried I can push 10GB in less than an hour without much issue, but that is with some large files. The speed lower down when you have bunch of small files because of latency overhead for each file.

Thanked by 1flatland_spider
  • @FAT32 said:
    Last I tried I can push 10GB in less than an hour without much issue, but that is with some large files. The speed lower down when you have bunch of small files because of latency overhead for each file.

I am not sure where his Asia VPS is located, and we don't know the peering quality between his VPS provider and the external storage provider. My Kimsufi will have no problem peering to Singapore but that's because it is on a solid backbone.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @mrlongshen said:

What are you trying to accomplish?

• @flatland_spider said:

@mrlongshen said:

What are you trying to accomplish?

streaming. since asia (sg) is expensive and small storage.

• @poisson said:

@FAT32 said:

I am not sure where his Asia VPS is located, and we don't know the peering quality between his VPS provider and the external storage provider. My Kimsufi will have no problem peering to Singapore but that's because it is on a solid backbone.

i have kimsufi. asia is at singapore

• @mrlongshen said:

@poisson said:

@FAT32 said:

Then streaming should not be an issue. You should get at least several megabytes per second on OVH network.

• @poisson said:

@mrlongshen said:

@poisson said:

@FAT32 said:

Then streaming should not be an issue. You should get at least several megabytes per second on OVH network.

wait. how does attaching a storage help with his bandwidth problems from singapore. This is obviously a dumb solution.

• @needavps said:
    wait. how does attaching a storage help with his bandwidth problems from singapore. This is obviously a dumb solution.

What he meant by expensive is a VPS with high storage. Even the most competitively priced Singapore VPS I know of from @HostDoc can't offer terabytes of storage at the price level of a Kimsufi, but there's at least a TB or two of bandwidth, which is quite sufficient for personal streaming.