Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

discussion finished
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

discussion finished

uni14uni14 Member
edited March 2019 in Help

yet discussion title:(yes yes i will don`t use but) 'aws' i want know 1 question about gameserver

they operate same game to me.
(GTA : SA)

here community many people advise to me
about aws bad of bad by game multiplayer server
(because of fee. someone talk to me "even they take out your cat")

but i have one question.
they aws service use.still now.they not company.just looklike 1~2 person is pay to server.
(model - c5.large / vCPU 2 / Memory(GiB) 4 / instant storage(GiB) only EBS / Network bandwitch(Gbps) Maximun 10 / EBS bandwitch(Mbps) Maximum 3500)

and looklike they pay just $100(maybe) and usually number of occupations 50(gameuser)

this possible?

(ok!! just question!! i`m not use awe!! they truely using now..)

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 2019

Get server from OVH Singapore Anti-DDoS Game reseller and youre good. The pings will be fine too.

• uni14uni14 Member
    edited March 2019

@deank said:
    @sanvit

maybe you suffer stress because of my discussion.. but i`m look first 1~4 commnets and directly change my plan and i thought that lack of knowledge push me to hell.

• uni14uni14 Member

@stefeman said:
    Get server from OVH Singapore Anti-DDoS Game reseller and youre good. The pings will be fine too.

your right and already i know. thanks !!

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited March 2019

There's no reason that you'd need to pay $100/mo for a 50-man SA-MP server.

The server process itself is single-threaded, so you'll need a high frequency CPU (E3, i7, etc). Steer clear from E5's or older E/L-series Xeons. RAM for SA-MP is minimal, even with a large player cap, so 1-2GB will be plenty. Doesn't seem to need much bandwidth either, so 100mbps+ would be sufficient for that many players.

Here's my recommendation when looking for specs/providers:

1. Offers advanced DDoS protection (e.g. OVH GAME Anti-DDoS)
    2. Offers high-clocked CPUs (e.g. 3.4 GHz+ [E3-1270vX, i7-4790k+, etc.])
    3. Offers a location close to your user base (NYC for NA/EU traffic, Sing for APAC traffic, UK/FR/DE for EU-only traffic, Miami for NA/LATAM traffic, etc.)

This forum might offer better help and assistance: https://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

• FastmakoFastmako Member, Host Rep

So what is the question? I can't understand what is the question.

• uni14uni14 Member

@MasonR said:

The server process itself is single-threaded, so you'll need a high frequency CPU (E3, i7, etc). Steer clear from E5's or older E/L-series Xeons. RAM for SA-MP is minimal, even with a large player cap, so 1-2GB will be plenty. Doesn't seem to need much bandwidth either, so 100mbps+ would be sufficient for that many players.

3. Offers a location close to your user base (NYC for NA/EU traffic, Sing for APAC traffic, UK/FR/DE for EU-only traffic, Miami for NA/LATAM traffic, etc.)

This forum might offer better help and assistance: https://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

ok thank you.. perpect.

and my question.. here people aws is very expensive.. but they(c5.large aws server-buy-user in my discussion) are looklike dont expensive pay fee. this is really happen situation..they use aws..and they looklike dont high-fee..

understand..??

• uni14uni14 Member

@Fastmako said:
    So what is the question? I can't understand what is the question.

can you my comment? thank you.

• AWS is cheap untill you get DDoS attacks. It looks cheap untill you have to start to pay for the traffic thats not included in the price.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@uni14 said:

@MasonR said:

ok thank you.. perpect.

and my question.. here people aws is very expensive.. but they(c5.large aws server-buy-user in my discussion) are looklike dont expensive pay fee. this is really happen situation..they use aws..and they looklike dont high-fee..

understand..??

Yes, it's certainly possible to use AWS as your game server host. But it is highly not recommended.

c5.large pricing that you quoted is $0.085/hr (source), which comes out to ~$60 per month. The reason why many people are telling you not to use AWS is because they:

1. Don't have DDoS protection
    2. Have outrageous bandwidth overage prices

So in the very likely event that your server gets DDoSed, you'll end up with a bill in the thousands of dollars since they won't filter out the bad traffic. Besides... $60/mo is expensive for a 4GB VPS since you can get a good dedicated game server from SoYouStart or ReliableSite for cheaper and then have the whole box to yourself.

• uni14uni14 Member
    edited March 2019

@stefeman said:
    AWS is cheap untill you get DDoS attacks. It looks cheap untill you have to start to pay for the traffic thats not included in the price.

OK question of this discussion finish!

• uni14uni14 Member

@MasonR said:

@uni14 said:

@MasonR said:

ok thank you.. perpect.

understand..??

Yes, it's certainly possible to use AWS as your game server host. But it is highly not recommended.

c5.large pricing that you quoted is $0.085/hr (source), which comes out to ~$60 per month. The reason why many people are telling you not to use AWS is because they:

1. Don't have DDoS protection
    2. Have outrageous bandwidth overage prices

So in the very likely event that your server gets DDoSed, you'll end up with a bill in the thousands of dollars since they won't filter out the bad traffic. Besides... $60/mo is expensive for a 4GB VPS since you can get a good dedicated game server from SoYouStart or ReliableSite for cheaper and then have the whole box to yourself.

i really aprreciate people in here community. they kind and detail answer to me without other purpose.

Well, took you long enough....

That was like 16th repeated advice.

Thanked by 1Fastmako
  • uni14uni14 Member

@deank said:
    Well, took you long enough....

That was like 16th repeated advice.

ok thank you. many punch raise me up.

• AmitzAmitz Member

uni14 said: many punch raise me up.

Yeah, I heard about the korean school system.

Nigh sect could really be popular in that country.

• @Amitz said:

カンチョー

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2019

Letzien said: カンチョー

I shouldn't have researched what that stands for. For real? That "game" exists?
    Different countries, different potatoes, I'd say.

• @Amitz said:

https://iliveinkorea.blogspot.com/2010/04/korean-kids-really-like-to.html

Thanked by 2Amitz Janevski
  • ChuckChuck Member

@Letzien said:

@Amitz said:

Photoshop?

• @Chuck said:

@Letzien said:

@Amitz said:

Photoshop?

M-ASS-Paint

• @Amitz said:

I have no Idea what your talking about

Thanked by 1poisson
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Me too.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • I do recommend you use US instead of SG because most korean ISPs seem to route SG traffic through US. Check the looking glass from all 3 ISPs before buying (it seems like LG U+ routes traffic through HK while SK and KT route through US).

저는 싱가폴 보다는 미국을 사용하는걸 추천합니다. 대부분의 한국 ISP들이 싱가폴 트래픽을 미국으로 라우팅하는거 같아요. 3개 ISP 모두에서 Looking Glass 를 확인해보세요 (LG U+는 홍콩으로 라우팅 하는 반면 KT랑 SK는 미국 통해서 라우팅 하는것 같네요).

• uni14uni14 Member

@Amitz said:

but US server don`t exist.
    ovh provide france, canada, united kingdom, germany, poland, austrailia, singapore.
    thanks a lot.

• @uni14 said:

@Amitz said:

ovh provide france, canada, united kingdom, germany, poland, austrailia, singapore.
    thanks a lot.

https://us.ovhcloud.com

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uni14uni14 Member

@PrivacyInfinity said:

@uni14 said:

@Amitz said:

thanks a lot.

oh..exist..your right..
    but so far GTA : SA server. looklike ovh.com better than ovhcloud.com
    (truely i don`t know.) thanks. and my choice almost done..

• @uni14 said:

@PrivacyInfinity said:

@uni14 said:

@Amitz said:

thanks a lot.

oh..exist..your right..
    but so far GTA : SA server. looklike ovh.com better than ovhcloud.com
    (truely i don`t know.) thanks. and my choice almost done..

OVHcloud in the US is provided by a subsidiary of OVH, one of the largest European hosting providers with over 2,500 employees worldwide

They are a child company of OVH.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2019

Could you guys stop quoting me (by doing a full quote)? Thanks in advance. I get flooded with notifications for a thread that I am out of.

• @Amitz said:
    Could you guys stop quoting me (by doing a full quote)? Thanks in advance. I get flooded with notifications for a thread that I am out of.

Is there a way to partially quote on mobile?