Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small server monitoring tool needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small server monitoring tool needed

v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

I'm currently using Uptimerobot to monitor my server infrastructure, but I'm looking for a small self-hosted tool to monitor ICMP/ HTTP(S) services /Port.

Tools like Icinga/ Bloonix are too complex for my needs, therefore, I would prefer a lightweight alternative.

It should be able to send Mail notifications.

Does anyone know of such a monitoring?

Comments

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

but icinga is the simplest thing that exists.

What is the problem with the uptime robot then?

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@georgedatacenter said:
    but icinga is the simplest thing that exists.

What is the problem with the uptime robot then?

I'd prefer a self hosted solution

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

+1 for Icinga or maybe even good old Nagios.
    Especially for lightweight small installations I still tend to prefer Nagios over Icinga 2 because of its simplicity. Simple config files, no databases required, just a little daemon running. Might sound a bit old school but it just works. :)

• BochiBochi Member

Have a look at https://sourcegraph.github.io/checkup/ and tell me how it worked for you. Wanting to try this out, but no time at the moment. :P

Thanked by 1ehab
  • There's always SNIPS, if you can get it to compile.

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

Monit + ntfy if you want notifications beyond email.

Thanked by 3Letzien Chuck marrco
  • YuraYura Member

I prefer to personally come around, lean my ear to the box and listen to the fan, if it spins - it works. If it works but badly, bump it. Use your power before machines figured out they don't need us anymore.

Thanked by 2Letzien uptime
  • @Bochi said:
    Have a look at https://sourcegraph.github.io/checkup/ and tell me how it worked for you. Wanting to try this out, but no time at the moment. :P

Came here to post this too.
    I'd meaning to take it for a spin, but then Zilore 's free offer came out.

Zilore is very very accurate so far. So you might sign up for that too.

• For icmp why not smokeping? You can relay to sendgrid for mail notifications. Running good on my lifetime free 50mb ram vps from prometeus.