Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Like writing how-tos? Contribute content & make some bank
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Like writing how-tos? Contribute content & make some bank

Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

We at Hetzner Online have just started Hetzner Online Community, a place designed to help developers get started with their projects. We want to build a collection of useful how-tos, guides, and tutorials. Your mom may have told you as a kid, "Nobody likes a know-it-all." But that's exactly who we want in our community: developers, admins, resellers, and others.

If you've been looking for a way to finance your upcoming project, this may be the perfect solution. Share your knowledge and get € 50 in credit for each of your how-tos that we publish. This credit will work like a gift card for our products. You can use it on our products, including unmanaged dedicated root servers, cloud servers, storage boxes, Nextcloud packages, and more.

The Community is brand neutral. Articles are for the whole community.

Curious to learn more? https://community.hetzner.com/

Comments

• TripleflixTripleflix Member
    edited March 2019

Sweet, hope it will get a feature rich as the DO tutorials

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@eol could write a how-to on how to promote Hetzner.

• @FAT32 said:
    @eol could write a how-to on how to promote Hetzner.

Did someone mention Hetzner yet?

Thanked by 4dahartigan t0m eol Ouji
  • Get paid to copy&paste

• Hetzner created community.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

FAT32 said: @eol could write a how-to on how to promote Hetzner.

[laughs] I'm sure he could. :)

Actually, this change is part of a larger set of changes that we hope to make in the future. Hetzner-related articles will still be part of the wiki, which we also hope to update in the future. For tutorials in the Community, we want these to remain brand neutral. --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 2FAT32 eol
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2019

@Hetzner_OL said:

FAT32 said: @eol could write a how-to on how to promote Hetzner.

[laughs] I'm sure he could. :)

Actually, this change is part of a larger set of changes that we hope to make in the future. Hetzner-related articles will still be part of the wiki, which we also hope to update in the future. For tutorials in the Community, we want these to remain brand neutral. --Katie, Marketing

With your intent being to make it brand neutral it might be worthwhile considering putting it on a relatively brand neutral domain (perhaps a subdomain on your-server.de).

We do a similar thing with our wiki (stacksetup.com) where anyone can contribute and most of it is brand neutral. We have a small section for stuff specific to us.

• @allnetstore said:
    Get paid to copy&paste

PTC? I thought it went extinct.

• I don’t think eol can even put a sentence together.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

jackb said: With your intent being to make it brand neutral it might be worthwhile considering putting it on a relatively brand neutral domain (perhaps a subdomain on your-server.de).

We do a similar thing with our wiki (stacksetup.com) where anyone can contribute and most of it is brand neutral. We have a small section for stuff specific to us.

I'll make sure to pass that onto the team who designed the Community! Thanks for that feedback!

@allnetstore said:
    Get paid to copy&paste

There will be a Community Manager who will check the submissions and check for this.

--Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 2Ympker eol
  • Well, I teach media and PR writing, so this is right up my alley, just that I don't know what you want. Idling a few servers is a sideline.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Hetzner_OL said:
    We at Hetzner Online have just started Hetzner Online Community, a place designed to help developers get started with their projects. We want to build a collection of useful how-tos, guides, and tutorials. Your mom may have told you as a kid, "Nobody likes a know-it-all." But that's exactly who we want in our community: developers, admins, resellers, and others.

If you've been looking for a way to finance your upcoming project, this may be the perfect solution. Share your knowledge and get € 50 in credit for each of your how-tos that we publish. This credit will work like a gift card for our products. You can use it on our products, including unmanaged dedicated root servers, cloud servers, storage boxes, Nextcloud packages, and more.

The Community is brand neutral. Articles are for the whole community.

Curious to learn more? https://community.hetzner.com/

By the way, "make some bank" sounds really interesting. AFAIK, in English, I would say "rake in the dough".

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2019

corbpie said: I don’t think eol can even put a sentence together.

Dearest @corbpie,

that's neither a nice, nor a true thing to say. Look at his postings. @eol definitely has a creative sense of humour (one that you personally may not always like, granted) and people with humour are most of the time also smart people. I have never seen dumb people being funny, besides the fact that they were dumb and therefore funny by nature. So he could surely put a good sentence together. He just does not want to. ;-)

So, in this very context, please allow me to say - in a very friendly manner - that your posting is the equivalent of inferior potassium.

Hetzner. Debian. Thx.

Yours sincerest
    Amitz

• poissonpoisson Member
    edited March 2019

@Amitz said:
    @eol definitely has a creative sense of humour (one that you personally may not always like, granted) and people with humour are most of the time also smart people.

Actually, I like eol's responses. Pretty funny guy.

Edit: so that I will not be branded mothertrucker

Thanked by 4Amitz dahartigan t0m eol
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2019

That was a FULL quote, mothertrucker. This is Usenet. There are rules!
    You being right with what you say does not justify everything, you know. ;-)

• @Amitz said:
    That was a FULL quote, mothertrucker. This is Usenet. There are rules!
    You being right with what you say does not justify everything, you know. ;-)

The editor has just struck.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member

You are now a proper ex-mothertrucker and the Usenet loves you again! :smile:

• I have some question, @Hetzner_OL

1. Although being a customer of Hetzner for about 2 years, with ~ 3000 EUR payment each month, my request to access the forum is never accepted?

2. Do you have any criteria for the community tutorial post to be published? Thanks.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Hetzner @eol come back

Thanked by 1eol
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@eol is gone? Why?
    Could somebody from the moderation team confirm that he is still with us, just in a different aggregate state?

Thanked by 1eol

@Amitz said:
    @eol is gone? Why?
    Could somebody from the moderation team confirm that he is still with us, just in a different aggregate state?

He has not been online for the past 2 days, hope he is fine

• AmitzAmitz Member

Any matching IPs? Like the traces that I left? ;)

Thanked by 2FAT32 eol
    edited March 2019

@Amitz said:
    Any matching IPs? Like the traces that I left? ;)

Crap, seems like I need to calm myself down and verify those information. You know, like the moment you realise everyone you talking to is actually just the same person.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2019

My sincere apologies if my acting caused or causes any form of psychosis on your side. That was never part of the plan! The good thing: All my alternative personas loved you, @FAT32. And no, I am not @eol, just to avoid any confusion.

Thanked by 3FAT32 Hetzner_OL eol
  • @Amitz said:
    My sincere apologies if my acting caused or causes any form of psychosis on your side. That was never part of the plan! The good thing: All my alternative personas loved you, @FAT32. And no, I am not @eol, just to avoid any confusion.

its like copying with a little twisted/elongated version in my sense

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2019

uxtvdl said: its like copying with a little twisted/elongated version in my sense

You mean like chinese italian coffee? Seriously, in my tinfoil hat theory, only 10 real members are left on LET and they all operate with up to 20 different alternative persona and talk with each other. The rest are bystanders and random visitors who just think that this forum is still alive and crowded.

Thanked by 3uptime eol MrCopyright
  • I came here for superior potassium and @eol is nowhere to be seen.

This is like if there was a thread specific to the end being nigh and Mr K didn't chime in.

Thanked by 2t0m eol
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2019

But my apologies - We are completely derailing this thread and Hetzner (Hetzner!) has not deserved this.

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL eol

Frankly this is not the only thing that surprised me today. One of the LET members is actually pretty close to me geographically. What are the odds of this happening.

• AmitzAmitz Member

I hope it's not one of the weirdos... ;-)

Thanked by 3FAT32 dahartigan eol