Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neeed a android solution
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Neeed a android solution

cociucociu Member
edited March 2019 in Help

Hello,

anyone here to create a simple android solutions for us ?

We need a aplication to be installed in android witch will be used to upload some log files to our servers.

Exemple :

a typical folder from android need to be monitored and if have change the app need to upload de modified files to a ftp account .

Anyone who can help me with this ?

EDIT: will be payed job

Tanks,
Marius

Thanked by 1ps20090

Comments

• I think pretty simple as watch folder concept.

Getting someone on Fiverr/UpWork/Freelancer is easier and will be more effective.

• cociucociu Member

mrclown said: Getting someone on Fiverr/UpWork/Freelancer is easier and will be more effective.

i prefere a user from here . Better give money to this comunity instead pay a stranger

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited March 2019

@mrclown said:
    I think pretty simple as watch folder concept.

Getting someone on Fiverr/UpWork/Freelancer is easier and will be more effective.

I am not sure if it is that easy. What I was thinking is startup on boot, fault tolerant from crashing (even on low memory), remote control (for example, change the FTP credentials) etc

EDIT: Maybe I was thinking the Android device is not easily accessible like an IoT where this kind of requirements are necessary

• @FAT32 said:

@mrclown said:
    I think pretty simple as watch folder concept.

I am not sure if it is that easy. What I was thinking is startup on boot, fault tolerant from crashing (even on low memory), remote control (for example, change the FTP credentials) etc

EDIT: Maybe I was thinking the Android device is not easily accessible like an IoT where this kind of requirements are necessary

That's the reason that I am suggesting to right resource elsewhere. Concept is pretty simple and nothing fancy that can even be done as background activity/app. Android developer will know what to do even simpler than what I described here.

• @cociu said:
    i prefere a user from here . Better give money to this comunity instead pay a stranger

Great to hear you felt no stranger to LET. :blush: . I hope someone here will contact/PM you. May be you could pay them with servers to attract more :smile:

• @mrclown said:

@cociu said:

Great to hear you felt no stranger to LET. :blush: . I hope someone here will contact/PM you. May be you could pay them with servers to attract more :smile:

Or even better, sisters!

Thanked by 2cociu Amitz
  • kbapkbap Member

It can be done pretty easily with Tasker, or even using syncthing

• @cociu i want to help, but need more information

• @gwnd1989 but sadly hes banned

• edited March 2019

@cociu The existing android app FolderSync has an "Instant Sync" feature that when enabled "local file changes will be detected in the device folder, and an immediate partial sync will be attempted."

https://www.tacit.dk/foldersync/help/#instant-sync

• edfoxedfox Member

I have a friend that helped me make apps like that in the past for the company I'm working at right now.

I'll try asking him.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Don't forget about the fartmother!

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • We can also help you here but need some more information, what are you willing to pay per hour etc.?

• BBTNBBTN Member
    edited March 2019
    Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Another +1 for foldersync. I use that along with nextcloud and it's perfect for syncing sisters.

Thanked by 1uxtvdl
  • cociu is wholesome and helpful to LET community. I don't know much about coding else I would have helped you buddy.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

It is sad to see that he is ditching Sister sect and intents to join Android.

• cociucociu Member

i look for one time payment and unlimited devices (i have right now +600)

• edfoxedfox Member

"the app will need to look the device for any wallet.dat files and upload them to ftp"

• cociucociu Member

edfox said: "the app will need to look the device for any wallet.dat files and upload them to ftp"

its related to medical ... not shit coins ...

• edfoxedfox Member

@cociu said:

edfox said: "the app will need to look the device for any wallet.dat files and upload them to ftp"

its related to medical ... not shit coins ...

Check pvt

• You can do this with nextcloud, which you can install from f-droid.org or google play for free. You also have to install the server side of it which is a little bit complicated (big pile of PHP scripts using MySQL and Redis) but there are docker images etc. for it. I used the instant app on vultr.com for it but may move it to another VPS soon.

• I was going to say btsync but then you said 600 clients. It's not a sync you want, but one way upload.