Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SYS] E5-SSD-1-64 Special 44.99 EUR/53.99 USD instead 59.99 EUR/71.99 USD - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SYS] E5-SSD-1-64 Special 44.99 EUR/53.99 USD instead 59.99 EUR/71.99 USD

2»

Comments

• Given that this thread is basically an offer post (although the company does not 100% have anything to do with it), I've set it to sink.

This is especially due to the offer not meeting LET pricing guidelines.

• How is the performance of E5-16xx vs E3-12xx? For example: E5-1630v3 vs E3-1245v3? They have about the same passmark score but in my general point of view, the E5 should outperform the E3, is it?

• I don't know if it makes business sense for such a high setup fee. They could have waived it like some have suggested for X months, and the server isn't idling (at least from the perspective of the company) and producing negative ROI (taking up the space of a machine that could be making money). Without the setup fee (or at least a much lower setup fee), they probably would have sold a few servers through LET by now, which is better than the current situation, no?

• FalzoFalzo Member

poisson said: which is better than the current situation, no?

no.

serious business is not at all about selling now to every cheapskate running around or short-term hoppers burning grounds.

it's the other way around. looking for long-term relationships, committed qualified customers.
    if the setup fee goes away they'd need to factor those costs into the monthly rate which only benefits the crowd that you might not prioritize instead of the quality customers you are really looking for.

though, I agree that waiving the setup fee on long term committments might be a reasonable way. but they probably have statistics and data to back up that their way of doing it works good for them.

also keep in mind that promoting an offer in places like LET does not mean a provider wants to take on every lead he generates from there, they still want them to be somewhat qualified or at least cover the risk a bit ;-)

TL;DR; even if setup fees are not covering any real costs, they are a feasible gatekeeper to help qualifying leads.

Thanked by 1samm
  • A few deals in London UK will be welcome

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi there, we're not asking anyone to post threads about new products. We don't expect it either. I believe some of the guys here are so excited about new servers that they want to share it with others. We're sometimes surprised ourselves to see a thread here just minutes after it goes live.
    --Julia, Marketing

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi there, we're not asking anyone to post threads about new products. We don't expect it either. I believe some of the guys here are so excited about new servers that they want to share it with others. We're sometimes surprised ourselves to see a thread here just minutes after it goes live.
    --Julia, Marketing

Wheres Katie?

• @Falzo said:

poisson said: which is better than the current situation, no?

no.

serious business is not at all about selling now to every cheapskate running around or short-term hoppers burning grounds.

it's the other way around. looking for long-term relationships, committed qualified customers.
    if the setup fee goes away they'd need to factor those costs into the monthly rate which only benefits the crowd that you might not prioritize instead of the quality customers you are really looking for.

though, I agree that waiving the setup fee on long term committments might be a reasonable way. but they probably have statistics and data to back up that their way of doing it works good for them.

also keep in mind that promoting an offer in places like LET does not mean a provider wants to take on every lead he generates from there, they still want them to be somewhat qualified or at least cover the risk a bit ;-)

TL;DR; even if setup fees are not covering any real costs, they are a feasible gatekeeper to help qualifying leads.

Actually my point is not about their monthly pricing but the setup fee. Migrating from another host is not cheap, and the setup fee adds insult to injury. Serious customers who can commit should have their fee waived.

I got a kimsufi in their last flash sale, and that fee is reasonable. Not this.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

teamacc said: Wheres Katie?

I'm right here, but distracted with other work. Julia's going to be here on LET more and more in the future. I told her that writing witty responses to LET posts was tougher than any English class that I currently have on offer. She has accepted the challenge, and I think she's doing pretty darn swell. ;) --Katie

• Hetzner_OL said: We're sometimes surprised ourselves to see a thread here just minutes after it goes live.

Surprised? This is LET...

• @ninzo59 do you have any more of these sales in stock soon for CA? I never thought SYS run sales.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@Checkmate said:
    @ninzo59 do you have any more of these sales in stock soon for CA? I never thought SYS run sales.

No but we just launched the same offer on HDD SATA version. :)