Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Shared Hosting on the basis of resources limits provided?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which Shared Hosting on the basis of resources limits provided?

kidrockkidrock Member
edited March 2019 in Help

I am hosting a Wordpress website on Hostleet (USA server) and using Cloudflare. Uptime is mostly 100%, 0 blacklisted and customer support is via email only which is handled within a few hours. Below are the screenshots of my site's performance on Pingdom, Gtmetrix and Webpagetest.

https://imgur.com/a/f4m3ORk

I have compared the resource limits and price of my host to some other providers (Hostmantis, Buyshared and ExtraVM).

https://imgur.com/a/SGOkegf

Based on the above comparison, what differences can I expect from other providers if I switch my current host?

Comments

• Adam1Adam1 Member

who can say when your results are skewed with cloudflare

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • I'm currently with RamNode and BuyShared. Both are good. RamNode is bit premium but the price is also high! BuyShared has ample free resources CPU/RAM on their node and is mostly 15-20 CPUs in usage out of 32. This makes their machine stable and sites perform well (WP sites or sites which need MySQL a lot)

Another LET member here had previously stated that HostMantis shared hosting plans don't work with Cloudflare and that they've blocked Cloudflare for abuse reasons. - If this is true and you want to use Cloudflare, then better avoid HostMantis. Otherwise their resources looks good.

A static/php or average MySQL site will not require more than 5 MB/s I/0 speed. All EIG and Godaddy like hosting provider allow 1MB/s I/0 and still everyone's site load fairly good. 25 MB/s is quite generous and you can utilize it if you get 10K+ unique visitors each hitting the node server. But since you've enable Cloudflare, then the request is handled by them so there is minimum use of I/O, IOPS, etc.

Comparing ONLY the price, excluding, HostMantis, BuyShared seems cheap and good.
    There are good reviews about ExtraVM too! But I've never heard about HostLeet on LET/WHT either.

You can give HostMantis, BuyShared, and ExtraVM a try by getting a month's plan and compare the metrics yourself!

Thanked by 3kidrock yekta uptime
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2019

if your current host has zero issues (assuming really they don't have issues since you are basically testing cloudflare not your website) why you want to change ?

is it to save 5$/year or 10$/year ?

believe me it is not worth it . the headache you will get from just one indecent with your new provider worth much more than 5$/year . And I didnt include bigger issues like data loss.

remember that your perspective is much more important than the internet perspective.
    So if you find the host good and every one on the internet recommend another host don't follow them . Always follow your own experience .

Note: the other hosts could be really much better than yours but if you don't have issues I don't think it is worth the risk of trying.

So if you host does not have issues keep using them

• the best one will be extravm which i currently use and i am getting more than expected

Note: cloudflare hurts site seo and lowers down the visitors [happened with me]

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • @uxtvdl said:
    the best one will be extravm which i currently use and i am getting more than expected

How does it hurt SEO? Seems never happen to me.

• @banxix said:

@uxtvdl said:
    the best one will be extravm which i currently use and i am getting more than expected

How does it hurt SEO? Seems never happen to me.

removing cloudflare for my site increased the search traffic 1.5x [ the result the night i removed it] and where the social traffic was around the same so i can say that cloudflare hurts seo

• @Sofia_K said:

Another LET member here had previously stated that HostMantis shared hosting plans don't work with Cloudflare and that they've blocked Cloudflare for abuse reasons. - If this is true and you want to use Cloudflare, then better avoid HostMantis. Otherwise their resources looks good.

Hostmantis work with cloudflare, I use them for all my website. The uptime also good, atleast for the uptime better than buyshared. I using SG location.

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • @Hani said:
    if your current host has zero issues (assuming really they don't have issues since you are basically testing cloudflare not your website) why you want to change ?

is it to save 5$/year or 10$/year ?

I have zero issue with current host. However, I was just comparing the resources provided by Hostmantis, ExtraVM and BuyShared which are higher than my current host. ExtraVM provides highest limits, followed by Hostmantis.

Website has a daily visit of 100 or less visitors and current disk size is around 1GB. Just wondering if they will significantly improve website loading time below 1 second as well as improve Pingdom/Gtmetrix scores with lesser Requests.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2019

I think all of my plans email limit is 500/hour, I just don't mention it anywhere. Whether the best will "significantly improve" load times? Probably not, nothing noticeable, as long as they run on SSDs and are relatively close to the viewers (even with CloudFlare.) Optimizing images/scripts/etc will probably be most helpful.

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • @MikeA said:
    I think all of my plans email limit is 500/hour, I just don't mention it anywhere. Whether the best will "significantly improve" load times? Probably not, nothing noticeable, as long as they run on SSDs and are relatively close to the viewers (even with CloudFlare.) Optimizing images/scripts/etc will probably be most helpful.

If images, etc are optimized, will not the resources like double RAM, more Entry Processes, I/O and IOPS speed up loading time?
    Also compared to SSD, does NVMe SSD has any effect on loading time?

• I am using Virmach ( VPShared ) and XiNiX. Both are rock solid.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

When you are getting this deep it is time for a VPS imo

Thanked by 2angstrom poisson
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    When you are getting this deep it is time for a VPS imo

With just around 3K visitors per month and VPS being little bit technical for me, I was just wondering whether comparatively higher resources on shared hosting would improve loading time under 1 second.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

kidrock said: With just around 3K visitors per month and VPS being little bit technical for me, I was just wondering whether comparatively higher resources on shared hosting would improve loading time under 1 second.

pretty hard question to answer as you cant benchmark what you have now, for example if you are restricted to say 200 IOPS right now but another hots offers you 500 IOPS you have no idea if you are only using 80 IOPS to begin with and cloudflare is doing the rest of the work.

So in that sense the only answer is put a clone of your site on a few different hosts update the A records and test them.

if you are concerned about the technical side of it runcloud.io can pretty much automate 99% of the work for you with a VPS, essentially if you can login to a VPS and copy paste a single command you can get started with a WP install via runcloud.

• @AnthonySmith said:

kidrock said: With just around 3K visitors per month and VPS being little bit technical for me, I was just wondering whether comparatively higher resources on shared hosting would improve loading time under 1 second.

pretty hard question to answer as you cant benchmark what you have now, for example if you are restricted to say 200 IOPS right now but another hots offers you 500 IOPS you have no idea if you are only using 80 IOPS to begin with and cloudflare is doing the rest of the work.

So in that sense the only answer is put a clone of your site on a few different hosts update the A records and test them.

if you are concerned about the technical side of it runcloud.io can pretty much automate 99% of the work for you with a VPS, essentially if you can login to a VPS and copy paste a single command you can get started with a WP install via runcloud.

What @AnthonySmith says. Except that I'd recommend to edit your local hosts file instead of updating the A-Records to avoid downtime :)

• If you can't be arsed messing with your hosts file there's always hosts.cx

• @austenite said:
    If you can't be arsed messing with your hosts file there's always hosts.cx

Or curl..

• @austenite said:
    If you can't be arsed messing with your hosts file there's always hosts.cx

Didn't know about this. It's great tbh :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2019

Sofia_K said: Comparing ONLY the price, excluding, HostMantis, BuyShared seems cheap and good.

We're doing a resource change on our resellers this week, just finalizing the scripts I need to mass adjust everyone.

We're making it so that there's more than just BW & RAM separating each plan.

There'll also be another freebie coming to all resellers & VPS plans. Shared plans are outta luck, they'll have to move up. I'll post the announcement later this week once I finalize the marketing changes to the site :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    We're doing a resource change on our resellers this week, just finalizing the scripts I need to mass adjust everyone.

There'll also be another freebie coming to all resellers & VPS plans. Shared plans are outta luck, they'll have to move up. I'll post the announcement later this week once I finalize the marketing changes to the site :)

Francisco

Little birdy told me that "free billing script" is being added soon :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Chalipa said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Little birdy told me that "free billing script" is being added soon :)

Bird bird bird, bird is the word.

Francisco

• @kidrock said:

With just around 3K visitors per month and VPS being little bit technical for me, I was just wondering whether comparatively higher resources on shared hosting would improve loading time under 1 second.

No, better host would only make your sites doc/html loading time better and dashboard faster.

It's not that difficult to use plugin like swift performance to get 6A at webpagetest and double 90+ at gtmetrix.

But it's difficault to get 90+ at Google speed insights, you need a light weight theme and hire guys to do optimization.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Francisco said: There'll also be another freebie coming to all resellers & VPS plans.

Damn. Now I am more tempted to get a BuyVM VPS just for the sake of my addiction. Will the marketing changes be price changes? :open_mouth:

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@FAT32 said:

Francisco said: There'll also be another freebie coming to all resellers & VPS plans.

Damn. Now I am more tempted to get a BuyVM VPS just for the sake of my addiction. Will the marketing changes be price changes? :open_mouth:

I don't think so, the hint was in the following 2 comments :smile: