Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a suggestion for a server (used;Amazon) for a few servers. (450€)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a suggestion for a server (used;Amazon) for a few servers. (450€)

LLLOCOLLLOCO Member
edited March 2019 in Help

Hello,
I'm looking for a server that can host few CSGO servers and a website.

TeamSpeak Server (32 slots, no license)
2 x 12 Slot CSGO Dedicated Server / 128 Tick
1 x 32 Slot CSGO Dedicated Server / 128 Tick
Hosting website / gets 50.000 views per month (not much since its a private organization)

Would HP DL380 G6 be good enough for this? Got an offer for 200€ and Amazon orders are also fine. 450€ is kinda the budget I can "afford" so hence why I'm looking for used / refurbished ones.

2x INTEL XEON Quad Core X5560 with 2.8 GHz 8MB Cache (Intel – VT)
4x 72GB 10 K SAS HDDs to smart array P410i 512 MB
32GB DDR3 RAM, graphics ATI Radeon ES1000, VIEDEO memory 64 MB

Thanks

Comments

• Honestly, I'd get an R720, put 128G in it, throw 4x10TB, drop a GPU through it, and it'll come to about 400eur after tax and shipping. Check eBay

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Do you get your electricity for free?
    Otherwise do not forget that old server hardware consumes much more power than modern gear so you may burn your saved money over time and even pay more.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2019

Get a refurbished machine with an i7 3770 / i7 4770 / i7 4790 (k). 16 GB RAM and 500 GB of storage is more than enough.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

@Nate812 said:
    Honestly, I'd get an R720, put 128G in it, throw 4x10TB, drop a GPU through it, and it'll come to about 400eur after tax and shipping. Check eBay

Last time I checked pricing for 10TB disks you couldn't get 2 10tb disks for 400€. So your calculation is kind of unrealistic ;).

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

X5560 the fuck no, not for CSGO.

• LeviLevi Member

For that sum go with hetzner i9. The higher ghz per core the better.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep

For CSGO, definitely 7700K or 9900K with SSD/NVMe.

• LLLOCOLLLOCO Member
    edited March 2019

@dfroe said:
    Do you get your electricity for free?
    Otherwise do not forget that old server hardware consumes much more power than modern gear so you may burn your saved money over time and even pay more.

I'm only required to get the server up and running. Organization is paying for all server costs and etc.

Realised tho that DL380 might be a bad choice due to 2x 750W. (even though I wont pay for server cost, that would mean a large bill every month)

• @FR_Michael said:

@Nate812 said:
    Honestly, I'd get an R720, put 128G in it, throw 4x10TB, drop a GPU through it, and it'll come to about 400eur after tax and shipping. Check eBay

Last time I checked pricing for 10TB disks you couldn't get 2 10tb disks for 400€. So your calculation is kind of unrealistic ;).

I never said they were good disks.

• AndruAndru Member

I would go with a cpu with a higher freq 4.0Ghz+ ssd is not a must.. and for cs go you would need 1gbit connection ..
    With i9 from hetzner its super ok.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Zare said:
    For CSGO, definitely 7700K or 9900K with SSD/NVMe.

i7/Xeon E3 yes, but the fuck no, NVMe is not needed for CSGO.
    CSGO runs decent enough on a good HDD, SSD is always better but NVMe is a overkill.