Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transferring apps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Transferring apps

Hi,

I have bought a new Android phone and want to transfer apps from my existing android (5.1) phone to the new android (6 xiaomi) phone. The thing is I want to transfer existing apps and not download new versions of these apps (as sometimes the old apps are better) and don't want to use google backup (don't like google having a backup of everything in my life).

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Yes.

• quickquick Member

Did you tried turning it off and on again?

Thanked by 1eol
  • @quick said:

Have you been drinking?

• @Letzien said:
    Yes.

Give me more details

• dd if=/dev/mtblock0 of=- | nc -p 666 remote

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

@asterisk14 said:

@quick said:

Have you been drinking?

What he's been trying to say is:
    Have you tried to turn it off and off again?

Thanked by 1quick
  • Titanium Backup or APKExtractor depending on your needs.

Cheers!

• quickquick Member

Did you tried putting it in rice?

Thanked by 2ehab eol
  • @quick said:
    Did you tried putting it in rice?

Yes, but I got it stuck in my peehole. :(

• @asterisk14 said:
    Hi,

I have bought a new Android phone and want to transfer apps from my existing android (5.1) phone to the new android (6 xiaomi) phone. The thing is I want to transfer existing apps and not download new versions of these apps (as sometimes the old apps are better) and don't want to use google backup (don't like google having a backup of everything in my life).

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks

Not happening unless you have root access to your phone. You can try to download the apk of the version of the app that you want on this site (this is likely safe, but I can't say the same for other similar sites).

If you want Google Play store that doesn't track you, try Aurora Store. You can download the app from the FOSS app store F-Droid after installing F-Droid on your new phone.

• Root + Titanium Backup AFAIK