Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving 1 "free" VPS in Germany
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Giving 1 "free" VPS in Germany

trexostrexos Member
edited October 2013 in General

Hey,

As I'm playing around with OpenVZ, I'm going to give 1 free VPS away. Well, free, you only have to pay me the IP costs for your VPS which are 1,50$/monthly via PayPal (only verified). This is a safety precaution for me too.

VPS details:

256MB guranteed RAM

20GB RAID 10 Disc Space

250GB Traffic (100Mbit)

Located in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

OS: Debian 6/7 -> if you need another OS just send me an email

Please do not run important things on that VPS. Of course, I do my best to give you the best experience, but it's still a test environment.

You should be able to run everything which runs on your 256MB RAM and isn't illegal! If I see you do anything illegal, I will suspend your VPS.

Not allowed activities:
*TOR (I support the project, but the hoster doesn't like it)
*torrents
*public proxies/VPNs

If you have any questions/problems, just ask me :)

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

OVZ?

• Read the post... Jesus

• LeeLee Veteran

@BradND said:
    Read the post... Jesus

When did a rule that says you have to do that come in? :P

• Yes, OVZ :P

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Please do not run important things on that VPS.

it's still a test environment.

There are paid VPSes for cheaper than this "free" one, which come with none of such b/s too.

Thanked by 2Infinity Janevski
  • trexostrexos Member
    edited October 2013

I know. I don't mean don't run anything on that VPS, because it can go down every 5 minutes. I just mean don't run anything really important on it like e.g. an important mailserver.

And these 1,50$ are only for the IP, I don't charge anything for the VPS itself.

• so it's not really free then.

• @Fritz said:
    so it's not really free then.

Thats why I said "free".

• 1,5$/month, we can get some good offers here and dont have to worry about uptime,..

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2013

trexos said: Thats why I said "free".

It means you still pay for it, but don't have any right to demand quality stable service or complain about downtimes, exactly as if it was free.

• You're asking people to pay $1.5 and have stated it's free and say it can go down every 5 minutes? are you drunk?

Thanked by 1rm_
  • trexostrexos Member
    edited October 2013

@ultimatehostings said:
    You're asking people to pay $1.5 and have stated it's free and say it can go down every 5 minutes? are you drunk?

If you could read you would know that I said it's NOT GOING DOWN EVERY 5 MINUTES.

• c0yc0y Member
    edited October 2013

@ultimatehostings said:
    You're asking people to pay $1.5 and have stated it's free and say it can go down every 5 minutes? are you drunk?

Seriously, ARE YOU DRUNK?! I first thought it said that too, but if you took the decency to read it twice before starting to throw insults you would have seen it yourseld, prick

Ontopic: what @trexos means is that hosting is relatively new for him. He simply means the support won't be the same level of expertise as the big boys, he's honest vs all those unknowledgable host owners without support team stating "24x7 Professional Support"

Thanked by 1trexos
  • trexostrexos Member
    edited October 2013

@Frost THANK YOU. You understood what I meant :P I just want to be honest to you. But that doesn't mean that I don't take care of you, I will do my best!

• I like this offer and I appreciate @trexos's spirit. I hope people avail of this offer.

Thanked by 1trexos
  • @Frost

Don't you think stating free in the title and asking people to pay for IP cost is misleading? and my statement was not towards you. I guess you must have got confused?

• c0yc0y Member
    edited October 2013

@ultimatehostings said:
    Frost

Don't you think stating free in the title and asking people to pay for IP cost is misleading? and my statement was not towards you. I guess you must have got confused?

Yes, that's misleading, I did not deny that.

Also I'm not confused, I'm taking it up for a friend who simply has good intentions and then gets accused of being drunk (or acting at least) because some dbag on the internet didn't have the decency to make sure he read something right before going full retard...

• Maybe it was too much from my end.

• I see your point with the free in the heading. I'll close this thread though.

• Closed per OP's request.

This discussion has been closed.