Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server request: Tor exit relay in Portugal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server request: Tor exit relay in Portugal

This is a server request to solely host a Tor exit relay.

Specification list:

VZ Type: Any

Number of Cores: Any
RAM: >=1.5G
Disk Space: >=10G
Disk Type: Any

Bandwidth: >=100 Mbit/s
Port Speed: Any

DDoS Protection: No

Number of IPs: 1

Budget: $5/month

Billing period: Any

WHOIS IP reassignments: I can register my own personal information to ensure minimum (if any) abuse reports.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2019

I don't think 100Mbps+ unmetered exists in Portugal for that price, maybe @MikePT would know since he lives there if I remember correctly.

@parisia said:
    WHOIS IP reassignments: I can register my own personal information to ensure minimum (if any) abuse reports.

Almost certainly not going to happen.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikeA said: I don't think 100Mbps+ unmetered exists in Portugal for that price

Not even remotely.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikeA said:
    I don't think 100Mbps+ unmetered exists in Portugal for that price, maybe @MikePT would know since he lives there if I remember correctly.

What is a typical price?

@parisia said:

Do you care to elaborate more?
    Dealing with abuse complains is one of the major reason hosts dislike Tor exit relays.

• @parisia said:
    Do you care to elaborate more?
    Dealing with abuse complains is one of the major reason hosts dislike Tor exit relays.

Sounds like you never operated a tor exit relay so I suggest you educate yourself instead of making bold ignorant statements.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • Come on, lazy providers. All he needs is a dedicated port 100 Mbit/s (or better) VPS in Portugal. Someone step up to the plate?

In return you get $5 per month, your IP being blacklisted everywhere, your door broken down, and a stay in a local prison for distributing CP.

• hacktekhacktek Member
    edited March 2019

Good thing I can always come to LET for a good laugh

Thanked by 2eol poisson
  • @providers Feel free to list your prices.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@MikeA said:

@parisia said:

Good luck with his budget!

Thanked by 1eol
  • He is either trolling or has no idea what running a Tor exit node is like.

Thanked by 2MikePT eol
    edited March 2019

New company there. Tested their network and was pretty meh. The owner said they didnt follow MOSS rules etc, other than that it seems fine. Try to use a few TBs of bw and you will see your VPS suspended. Bandwidth is expensive here, Datacenter wise.

@bugrakoc said:
    He is either trolling or has no idea what running a Tor exit node is like.

Not a good idea... They will kick him out really fast.

• @MikePT said:

@MikeA said:

@parisia said:

Do you mind mentioning what is a reasonable budget for a relay?

The budget mentioned in the post is a price indication.
    Providers can always offer services with higher prices as on other LET server requests (typical LET posts).

• A dedicated server at $5/mo, even with old hardware, the host is barely making no profits (electricity, bandwidth, etc...), ... and with Tor, the hosts risks huge problems, even if you assume the responsibilities ...

@parisia said:

@MikePT said:

@MikeA said:

@parisia said:

Do you mind mentioning what is a reasonable budget for a relay?

The budget mentioned in the post is a price indication.
    Providers can always offer services with higher prices as on other LET server requests (typical LET posts).

Relays arent welcome in Portugal either...

• Europol need a new exit relay in PT

• FastmakoFastmako Member, Host Rep

Why is Portugal wanted as Tor exit node? What's so great about that country that makes it so desirable for for Tor exit?

• MikePT said: Relays arent welcome in Portugal either...

How come and Portugal isn't welcoming Tor relays?

• @Fastmako said:
    Why is Portugal wanted as Tor exit node? What's so great about that country that makes it so desirable for for Tor exit?

https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/country:pt flag:exit

• @SteveMC said:
    A dedicated server at $5/mo, even with old hardware, the host is barely making no profits (electricity, bandwidth, etc...), ... and with Tor, the hosts risks huge problems, even if you assume the responsibilities ...

What is considered a logical price, $10/mo, $15/mo?

I am wondering if there is some easy BASH script (like Nyr/Angristan for OpenVPN) but to install and configure easily Tor exit and Tor relay.

• @Fastmako said:
    I am wondering if there is some easy BASH script (like Nyr/Angristan for OpenVPN) but to install and configure easily Tor exit and Tor relay.

..and now anyone was possibly considering taking you on just had their assholes slam shut.

@Letzien said:

@Fastmako said:

..and now anyone was possibly considering taking you on just had their assholes slam shut.

You are trying to say there is no such thing? I don't get it.

• @Fastmako said:

@Letzien said:

@Fastmako said:

Saying it's not a great idea, not that it doesn't exist. Much like there are many Shadowsocks installers out there- which may or may not drop something on you.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2019

@Fastmako said:

@Letzien said:

@Fastmako said:

It's really important that tor exit operators know exactly what they're doing. Mishandling the operation of an exit or mishandling of abuse caused by the exit will cause serious trouble. I'm talking police raids & seized hardware trouble. An easy setup script means more likely the person didn't know what they're getting themselves into.

Even if you do almost everything right, theres still a high chance of trouble. E.g. a prominent member here went through a major legal battle because he was charged for abuse flowing through the exit, this took several years to resolve.

This is why you and OP won't find any / many offers because very few people are interested in dealing with the fallout for the price of a few cups of coffee a month...

• eoleol Member

鷹式特網有限公司

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited March 2019

parisia said: What is considered a logical price, $10/mo, $15/mo?

50cent/Mbit BW. Server cost negligible at 100Mbit+ commit.

Anything below for unmetered of not absolute crap BW is especially for Southern Europe absolutely unrealistic and oversold to hell (see eg. Sologigabit in ES).

jackb said: Even if you do almost everything right, theres still a high chance of trouble. E.g. a prominent member here went through a major legal battle because he was charged for abuse flowing through the exit, this took several years to resolve.

yea, i still pay off some of that costs and miss a phone and a bunch of other hardware that i'll never see again. And that was the still nice parts.