Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to make setup "client > server 1 > server 2"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to make setup "client > server 1 > server 2"

Hello, i have a client at Saudi Arabia with shared hosting. Client somethings can not reach my hosting server.

Is there a way to have a dedicated vps server which will redirect to main server to their site?

If so what the process is called and is there any tutorial for this. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• t0mt0m Member
    edited March 2019

Reverse proxy (with nginx for example).

Thanked by 2FHR eol
  • @t0m said:
    Reverse proxy (with nginx for example).

Will this also serve cpanel and mail facility? My client uses mail only for business 100-200 daily total with 6 accounts.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2019

fahim5001 said: Will this also serve cpanel and mail facility? My client uses mail only for business 100-200 daily total with 6 accounts.

nginx supports e-mail proxy but to keep things simple it may make sense to just use haproxy as a TCP tunnel.

Here someone made a simple configuration guide:

https://ryanclouser.com/2015/10/30/haproxy-Basic-TCP-Proxy/

If you do TCP mode then all domains will work, just make sure to add frontend/backend for port 80, 443, 25, and anything else you need.

You can also use haproxy in HTTP mode which may improve performance but then you'll need different configuration for 80, 443, and 25 (not as simple to maintain the config).

Thanked by 2uptime fahim5001