Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM DDoS protected IP can't download from CPAN, and kinda slow
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM DDoS protected IP can't download from CPAN, and kinda slow

TDPTDP Member

Hello,

I recently purchased a BuyVM slice with DDoS protected IP's. However, when I set the VPS up with just the protected IP's and try to install cPanel on it it fails as it can't get the required Perl modules from CPAN.

With the unprotected IP's I can download them just fine. Trying with wget results in "HTTP request sent, awaiting response..." forever, and it just hangs.

Downloading other files with wget works just fine.

Also, when attempting to install CloudLinux it failed as some repos were timing out. As it also seems that responses that do complete take a very long time to complete.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this expected with DDoS protected IPs, or is there something else I need to configure. Currently, I've just added the IP's during the CentOS install.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Why not ask them? This sounds like something they could fix easily.

Thanked by 2eol netomx
  • quickquick Member

Looks like scam to me

Thanked by 1netomx
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Scam! Fran has finally been exposed.

Somebody create a vote to ban Fran.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Could be a MTU issue on our end.

Put in a ticket, it's an easy fix on our end if it's that.

Francisco

• TDPTDP Member

Well, opened a ticket about this, and the issue is now resolved in under a half hour. You just can't beat the price to quality of service ratio of BuyVM!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @TDP said:
    Well, opened a ticket about this, and the issue is now resolved in under a half hour. You just can't beat the price to quality of service ratio of BuyVM!

So, you came here to bitch, got it resolved quickly, and are now sucking up.

Thank you for choosing LET Support Desk.

Thanked by 3dedicados netomx Jun
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Give OP a break. You can't really help yourself when you have PMS.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Guys, be nice. It's fine.

Issue is resolved, and I've asked the mods to close the thread.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Frameworks
This discussion has been closed.