Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Location ( Dedi )
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which Location ( Dedi )

duyan13duyan13 Member
edited October 2013 in General

Hello Guys,

I am going to buy a dedicated server and I would like to ask you guys which Location is more popular and probably "better" ?

• Los Angeles, CA
  • Dallas, TX
  • Miami, FL
  • Amsterdam, NL

Thank You !

Comments

• I'd say Amsterdam, NL - because it's not in the US.

• from what i know Dallas, TX :)

• All other things being equal (configuration, pricing): LA - if you're targeting Asia; Dallas - pretty much under 40ms to anyplace in the US; Miami - best, if you're targeting Latin America; Amsterdam - Europe, of course. So, depends on what you're going to run on it and what your target markets are. And what laws (US or EU) you want your stuff to be subject to...

• @duyan13 said:
    Hello Guys,

I am going to buy a dedicated server and I would like to ask you guys which Location is more popular and probably "better" ?

• Los Angeles, CA
    • Dallas, TX
    • Miami, FL
    • Amsterdam, NL

Thank You !

Does it not depend where you are? If you are in the US pick the nearest US location to you, likewise if you are in the EU.

• Btw it is also possible to give me some advice for each of these location a datacenter ?
    Would be very nice !

• No ! I am planning currently open a small VPS service so because of that !

• What are you going to host?

• @sc754 said:
    Does it not depend where you are? If you are in the US pick the nearest US location to you, likewise if you are in the EU.

And why closest to him, pray tell..?

I mean, if you want to hug your dedi, then best place is at home ;) Otherwise, please refer to my comment above...

• @andrzej said:
    I mean, if you want to hug your dedi, then best place is at home ;) Otherwise, please refer to my comment above...

No ! I am planning currently open a small VPS service so because of that !

• If you're thinking of starting a VPS host, the first thing you need to make sure that you have enough IP's else you'll end up changing providers on a frequent basis.

• @ultimatehostings said:
    If you're thinking of starting a VPS host, the first thing you need to make sure that you have enough IP's else you'll end up changing providers on a frequent basis.

I think this is configurable while buying a dedicated server . A it is better to have my own ip allocation . Could you tell how it is working exactly ?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

If you dont mind the lack of IPv6 Incero is nice.
    Also Colocrossing has a few locations, you should be close in case something breaks, otherwise you will be better off renting.