Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch refuses to give refund.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch refuses to give refund.

I made a purchase of 2 special vps (a storage vps and a NVMe in the promotion for the promotions through LET (here)
When I made the request I found that the service did not have automatic activation until then everything ok, because I knew that it could take 24 hours for the activation as informed.
I made the purchase on 28-03, I opened a ticket and after 5 hours the storage server was activated, but NVMe's continued without being provisioned, I was told that NVMe would be provisioned shortly.
I waited 1 day, and nothing to be provisioned I asked when it would be provisioned and the reason for not having been provisioned after 24 hours, without success I got no response.
Today 02/03 or today (3 days later) no answer and no server provisional, and since I needed the 2 servers for my project, with 1 could not work with it, so much I have not used it yet and continues with 0 traffic used, I decided to open ticket to request the cancellations of vps.
After 11 hours I received an answer, I got the following answer:

They practically speak that they can not give refund to servers already provisioned, I before acquiring looked at the terms of the company and it is not what it says there:

Refund Policy
Our virtual private servers (VPS) carry a 7-day money back guarantee with a valid reason requirement. Valid reasons include issues which are caused directly due to the fault of HostHatch. Issues outside our control or network do not qualify for a refund.

(In this case the fault was directly from them, since they did not provision the server in 24 hours as reported.)

Immediately I answered what is seen in the images and I got the answer:

Immediately they changed the question and said that the refund policy is agreed upon before creating each server. It does not apply to all your servers together.

Now I wonder if the policy was accepted, where was that said, or informed the client ?, in case I know is not saying any of this in terms.
At any point this was informed and now I only have one server that would need the 2 urgently and do not want to accept the issue of the refund since it took time in the activation I acquired in another company.

Thanked by 1eol

Comments

• Wait, where is the problem then?

As I got, they cancel your service and refund you on your request.
    What the problem then?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • ehabehab Member

he wants to get refunded for the other.

Thanked by 2prowlersgg eol
  • @desperand said:
    Wait, where is the problem then?

As I got, they cancel your service and refund you on your request.
    What the problem then?

They only canceled one that was not provisioned, the other refuse if I need the 2.

• ehabehab Member

@prowlersgg. The only way for you is to try again and order a new a server from them. a refund is not likely as per tos. otherwise just make use of the vps you have.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2019

prowlersgg said: They only canceled one that was not provisioned, the other refuse if I need the 2.

So, here is the thing. While I understand that could have been handled better by them, they are pretty open about provisioning of the LET based packages manually and if you read the thread its been mentioned a few times that in some rare cases this can take a few days because they don't overload their nodes and usually provision a whole new node when it is needed. They care about the quality of the product they give, even on the LET packages, so really, this was done with you in mind -- not to piss you off or prevent you from your work. That said, they did kinda spell this out again for you in the ticket, maybe not in as much detail as they could, but they did also mention if your project required a server immediately, they DO offer instantly provisioned servers you can avail, however, they won't be available at the LET rate. You could still easily work on your project by purchasing a regular priced server for now and in the long term ordering the LET special and then move things when its available.

I can understand your frustration, but for the low cost LET packages you ordered and the quality they provide, really your just shooting your self in the foot here. The problem was you didn't take into account it could take a bit longer when you planned what you were doing and didn't plan in advance, so you got stuck in a situation where because you didn't plan, things weren't ready as you were hoping... and you couldn't complete your project as you hoped. Then, instead of just ordering an instant server and doing what you needed to do to complete things in the meantime, you got upset instead and angry and started pressuring them, so now you haven't finished your project and you have a weird case where you only will have half the servers you need, we get it, its frustrating. However, all of this isn't a reason to expect them not to follow the terms they had laid out.

I think you would do better to reply to that ticket and instead explain your needs to them, "Hey, look, I have a project I need to complete by X date, and I need a server now, what options can you provide or can I avail that would allow me to complete this work for now until the other server could be provisioned?" Taking this approach and putting them in the position of providing a solution and also showing them the importance of this to you and stating your willing to spend more for now if you must, may motivate them to more quickly just provision you or could have even caused them to offer you a temporary solution (possibly for free). It is hard to take that approach, especially when it seems things are not working as you hoped, but the people on the other side are humans too, if you explain whats going on and the importance usually people try to help, if you just complain and scream at them, then no one wants to help you.

If you need another server for now and they can't provide some type of solution, then use the one you got from HostHatch and go temporarily spin up a Digital Ocean server for your testing of the other server until the other HostHatch server can be provisioned for you, then just move things over. Digital Ocean only charges by the hour so it couldn't cost you more than a few dollars to have that server in the interim.

Point being, I am not saying they handled this the best, but you were not left without options to be able to fulfill the work you wanted to do. It just wasn't convenient, so what really made you mad, was the lack of convenience, not the service.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited March 2019

U were refunded for unused service that's fair.
    For urgent project perhaps provision for urgent budget

Vultr and the likes should fit ur needs

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Dang, another PMS user.

Thanked by 3uptime dahartigan eol
  • So what is the point of this thread? To let us know that HostHatch follow their own ToS? Thanks for the information.

Thanked by 3dahartigan eol masteri
  • @tetech said:
    So what is the point of this thread? To let us know that HostHatch follow their own ToS? Thanks for the information.

The point is that OP is impatient and entitled with severe PMS.

Thanked by 3eol Deepak_leb masteri
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited March 2019

Point is HostHatch seems reasonable, with a remarkable ability to thread the needle - providing service at levels appropriate to the various price points they offer.

@prowlersgg even their normal pricing is decent - I'm sure they'll make a few sales from this thread. As they should.

As a bargain-hunter, I appreciate the occasional deep discount deals they offer maybe two or three times a year. They don't prioritize service for the super-cheap offers (though they do take care of business on the technical end).

I'm glad to know that they're not pushovers for pushy demands without a concomitant price tag attached. That helps to keep their occasional cut-rate deals sustainable, as far as I am concerned.

Thanked by 1eol
  • I hate idiotic customers. Providers are entitled to reasonable terms of engagement. I took up a box with Wis and they said up to 24 hours to provision so yea, I was prepared to wait 24 hours but they did it in 3. And if a server has been provisioned, you cannot demand it to be cancelled without penalty unless provider agrees. If a hotel provided a room for you and one hour after the room has been set aside for you to check in, you decide to cancel and expect your money back, you can expect to be beaten up in a third-world country. At least the service provider here is relatively polite.

if service == cheap and fast:
    print "not good"
    elif service == cheap and good:
    print "not fast"
    elif service == fast and good:
    print "not cheap"
    else print "you are being a pain in the ass"

Thanked by 2Deepak_leb eol
  • @Abdullah OP has a point. Update your current and future sales thread with up to 7 days provisioning date would have prevented this issue.

Thanked by 2uptime Deepak_leb
  • Pro life skills: Expectations management

• Kids these days are very impatient...

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited March 2019

Kids, crackheads, and customers ...

(often a three-for-one deal on LET)

has it been half an hour yet ...?

• eoleol Member

@uptime said:

This should be the default desktop background of macos.

• @eol said:

@uptime said:

This should be the default desktop background of macos.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Cheap good fast
    Choose 2 and move on.> @uptime said:

Kids, crackheads, and customers ...

(often a three-for-one deal on LET)

has it been half an hour yet ...?

What is seen cannot be unseen.

Thanked by 3dahartigan uptime eol
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2019

You are aware it’s Sunday today, right ?
    And yesterday was Saturday.

Above are called weekend, and sorry to break it to you, are not working days. You can’t expect sales/provisioning over the weekend. It’s a good to have, but by no means a standard.

• FalzoFalzo Member

prowlersgg said: I'll make the purchase on 28-03

corrected that for OP, now @Adbullah still has like 26 days left to provision, no? ;-) ;-) ;-)