Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated servers for VPS business - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated servers for VPS business

Comments

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited March 2019

crpatel said: Changing username won't help you.

But changing avatar helps a lot. It helped me, i am a better person conglomeration of traits now.

Thanked by 1eol
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Creating a new account will help, in a way. Do it and you will see.

• eoleol Member

So what is your new name then?

• eol said: So what is your new name then?

gwnd1989_2

• gwnd1989_edit2

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

I'm honestly shocked at how many providers are replying here with single drive offers for something op literally specified as for selling VPS.

• eoleol Member

@rajprakash said:

eol said: So what is your new name then?

gwnd1989_2

LOL.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@jackb said:
    I'm honestly shocked at how many providers are replying here with single drive offers for something op literally specified as for selling VPS.

"Wow, a second drive cost how much??"

Thanked by 2jackb eol
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2019

@MikeA said:

@jackb said:

"Wow, a second drive cost how much??"

"$7? That's a whole VPS! "

Then comes here to complain about drive age. (10666 hours on)

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

deank said: Then comes here to complain about drive age. (10666 hours on)

I probably could find some with 80666 hours on if you want.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited March 2019

@gwnd1989 said:
    My user name is trash now. Gotta sign up for a new one.
    My history is bad here now.

Usernames are irrelevant.
    We have accepted you as you are, here, why do you think you have to hide?

PS: And another thing... There is no such thing as 'perfect life', nobody has it, no amount of starting from scratch out of nowhere is going to achieve that. You take what you have and steadily build upon that. Otherwise you would be back to square one every time and do nothing.

Thanked by 2eol uptime

@qps said:

I am ashamed to say that I missed a zero in 10666. But I ain't gonna edit that out.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@qps said:

Had an SSD swapped out of a machine with 70k on it recently. Turns out there was nothing wrong with it (I thought going on hours alone was odd thing to do) - was the RAID controller..

One of my Hetzner servers is about 10 months away from a deank special of 66666 hours.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Mr_Tom said: Had an SSD swapped out of a machine with 70k on it recently. Turns out there was nothing wrong with it (I thought going on hours alone was odd thing to do) - was the RAID controller..

Some of our Intel SSDs have power on times of like 900 years or something ridiculous like that. Bad firmware...

Thanked by 2eol uptime
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

qps said: Some of our Intel SSDs have power on times of like 900 years or something ridiculous like that. Bad firmware...

The power on hours seemed longer than the drive launch date would suggest it could be but hey ho - for an SSD PoH isn't always everything and I was surprised the host changed the drive with no other checks (considering all other smart tests passed) - still didn't solve the IO speeds. But I'm going off topic here lol.

• @jackb said:

Ikr. Those providers are all on my shit list.

@gwnd1989 said:
    My user name is trash now. Gotta sign up for a new one.
    My history is bad here now.

Look at my user name, look at my history, look at my tag, do you see me moaning like a girl giving a fuck? Accept your actions and move on.

Thanked by 1eol
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

The ego is strong with this one.

• The worst part is this clown is going to charge some poor unsuspecting sod to be on that server.

• @dahartigan said:
    The worst part is this clown is going to charge some poor unsuspecting sod to be on that server.

Please don't insult clown .. :blush:

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited March 2019

There are plenty of options for you with different providers available. I would at least go with 4 or more disks for at least some redundancy and also get a seperate backup server (storage) with it.

We have a wide range of dedicated server deals available and there are some good servers for virtualization as well: https://www.hostslim.eu/dedicated-server-deals/

All servers are upgradable to at least 4x SATA or SSD.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

We can do fully custom dservers, just let us know your requirements.

• CdoeCdoe Member

@jackb said:

Yeah, because the lack of data redundancy is the weakest link of his business lol

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

dahartigan said: The worst part is this clown is going to charge some poor unsuspecting sod to be on that server.

For 2 - 6 months until he gets bored or fucks it all up.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • The majority of providers would be happy to offer you a custom setup, just as you’d need it. Simply contacting them can do a lot, including beating their own pricing :). Almost every WHT dedicated server offer is customsieable.

• I personally am looking forward to the offers from our newest host.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Hopefully you can last at least a full year! Good luck with your VPS hosting!

• skbenterpriseskbenterprise Member, Patron Provider

@gwnd1989 said:
    Hi there,/

Is there anyone who offers customize-able bare metal servers that could be used for a VPS/hosting business?

TX

We offer customizable servers. Specific CPU, amount of RAM or amount of disks? No problem with us. We can also provide dedicated IP ranges to host VPS on.

We provide our dedicated servers near Amsterdam in The Netherlands.

edited March 2019

In before OP's new thread with a desperate plea: "Guys, I've been charged 600 euro for going over my bandwidth limit! Welp!"

• network is fast my man

Thanked by 2eol Janevski