Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap dedicated server on the West coast of the USA or Canada
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap dedicated server on the West coast of the USA or Canada

Can anyone offer a cheap dedicated server on the West coast of the USA or Canada (San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver) with an unmetered shared gigabit uplink, the smallest available HDD or SSD and CentOS 7 (64 Bit) to which we can bring a /24 subnet (LoA can be provided)?

If so, please contact me via PM.

Thank you

Comments

• what are your budget and requirement,
    what server configuration you need?

• bookreaderbookreader Member
    edited February 2019

We can take the smallest dedicated server in stock with the smallest HDD or SSD.

Regarding the budget we're thinking of appx. $40/month.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2019

How can I say this nicely. Go look at the posts you have opened. Out of the last 10 of them, how many are now closed or have roughly the same exact answers in the first 1-2 posts? Now, look in a mirror and ask your self, "Am I posting these requests in the right place." Next, reply to your self and say, "No, you know what, I must have had some good liquor and confused LET for Hackforums, let me go ahead and log out of LET, oops!"

Go ahead, we will all accept it was an honest mistake and forgive you! promise.

No one wants to offer hosting to 'TOR' related / vpn related stuff on the cheap. There is a cost to hosting those types of services on a network, and instead of insulting the provider by looking for the cheapest dedicated hosting you can find, you need to be able to have a budget that makes it worth while or you need to do your own colocation with your own hardware and take responsibility for your own connectivity like an adult would.

I am not sure about others here, but I grow tired of these recurring threads from you. It isn't hard to look up cheap hosting in general. To begin with, there are constantly posts for cheap servers here on LET, that is why the forum exists... So, this makes me assume the reason you open these threads is most companies don't want this type of business on their network so you are getting desperate to find others you can take advantage of. Additionally, these threads don't usually seem to contribute anything back and seem to most of the time turn toxic when you don't get what you want.

I don't have a problem with you making legit requests here, but this has gotten a little out of hand.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• bookreaderbookreader Member
    edited March 2019

Indeed, it's quite hard to find a hosting company which doesn't have a problem with Tor or VPN services.
    The reason why I've opened this discussion thread is because QuadraNet had a big price increase, therefore we are looking for a cheap alternative to them.

• Prices for additional IPs have gone up massively. They also charge high fees for extra traffic.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2019

@Jack said:
    Their price increase was 5% which would be like $2/mo on their $40/mo server?

They increased IPs a lot more but that is expected with the price they are now on the market.

Out of curiosity, what was the previous price they charged and what’s the new one for IPs ? Did the rise affect existing Customers ?

• Since you're bringing your own /24, what difference does it make for you that they have higher IP prices?

• We need max. 100TB/month.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

40 dollars budget for server and 100tbs usage yeah i doubt this will happen. Limestone networks has sale but min is 100 dollars for a server with 100tb of bandwidth.