Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installing Windows on WholeSaleInternet...(NO DHCP > STATIC IP!) Whats wrong
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Installing Windows on WholeSaleInternet...(NO DHCP > STATIC IP!) Whats wrong

YakashimotoYakashimoto Member
edited February 2019 in Help

Hello,

since 2 Days i try to install Windows 7 on a WSI 10$ Core2Duo / 15$ Core2Quad.

i have searched a lot of sites to find a working solution:

i found this:

https://joodle.nl/install-windows-on-a-kimsufi-completely-free/

but dont work...because template using dhcp and WSI is using static IP

so i tried this:

https://www.danpros.com/2017/09/install-windows-on-any-server-using-rescue-system-and-qemu-kvm

Windows Installation works fine. i connect via vnc viewer (from temp qemu) and made changes into the network settings on Windows.

But, that the big Problem: No Internet Connection.

i had opended support ticket on WSI, and yes, they told me on every answer that the OS is not supported.

one answer was that if the softKVM (via qemu) use the Ip Adress, Windows can not use the same...sound correct..

so i ordered an additional IP Space to get a second IP Adress.

But also dont work, no Internet Connection.

with

/tmp/qemu-system-x86_64 -net nic -net user,hostfwd=tcp::3389-:3389 -m 2048M -localtime -enable-kvm -cpu host,+nx -M pc -smp 2 -vga std -usbdevice tablet -k en-us -hda /dev/sda -boot once=d -vnc :1

i can connect with VNC Server, but thats all, if i reboot the Server, no connection.

Does anybody has an Idea?

Comments

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2019

Yakashimoto said: Does anybody has an Idea?

What is your network card on the server?

lshw -C network

• ok...its a rtl8168d..but this is not visible on windows (via vnc)..only a intel e1000 but this is a emulated interface from the qemu right?

Yakashimoto said: ok...its a rtl8168d..but this is not visible on windows (via vnc)..only a intel e1000 but this is a emulated interface from the qemu right?

You turn off firewall after install via Qemu?

• no, i did not do this before, but try it now.. maybe some steps are unclear for me:

i dont see the realtek card on windows if i connect via qemu vnc.. but i have downloaded the driver now and install them.

i also add a netsh.bat with autorun on statup for

netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Ethernet 2" static 63.141.x.x 255.255.255.252 63.141.x.x

netsh interface ipv4 set dns name="Ethernet 2" static 192.187.107.16

netsh interface ipv4 add dns name="Ethernet 2" 69.30.209.16 index=2

but what should be the right Name? Ethernet 2? Ethernet? or Local Area Connection?

Yakashimoto said: no, i did not do this before, but try it now.. maybe some steps are unclear for me:

You have not answered the question. Have you disabled windows firewall?

This is one of frequent reasons.

Yakashimoto said: i also add a netsh.bat with autorun on statup for

netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Ethernet 2" static 63.141.x.x 255.255.255.252 63.141.x.x

netsh interface ipv4 set dns name="Ethernet 2" static 192.187.107.16

netsh interface ipv4 add dns name="Ethernet 2" 69.30.209.16 index=2

but what should be the right Name? Ethernet 2? Ethernet? or Local Area Connection?

Depends on the network card. If the network card is suitable for Windows 7, it will automatically enter this data.

It may be that the network does not start because there are no drivers. This needs to be corrected through IPMI, as the situation will be visible as on a hand.

• YakashimotoYakashimoto Member
    edited February 2019

You have not answered the question. Have you disabled windows firewall?

on my first try no, on my last try, a couple of minutes ago, windows FW is disabled.

It may be that the network does not start because there are no drivers. This needs to be corrected through IPMI, as the situation will be visible as on a hand.

Theres no IPMI available, thats we i try to install this way. i hav installed the realtek driver package.