Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Offers similar to Kimsufi KS-9 (SSD server in EU around 20-25EUR)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Offers similar to Kimsufi KS-9 (SSD server in EU around 20-25EUR)

I have been looking around for dedicated SSD servers in Europe with a decent network and price around 20-25EUR/month with VAT.

Is there anything comparable to the price-performance ratio of a KS-9 (W3520/16GB RAM/480G SSD)? If one can live with 100mbit/s, it seems to me that nothing comparable (wrt. CPU and storage size) exists.

Maybe a Scaleway C2L with about half storage size and slightly worse CPU (but 600mbit/s). Not really compelling vs. the KS-9 IMHO.

Anything else?

Comments

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@sgheghele said:
    Anything else?

Most likely not.

https://metadedi.net

Your expected budget might just be enough to cover electricity costs and usually you don't get network bandwidth and hardware for free.

• I'm afraid nothing currently comes close to the KS-9.

Netcup VPSes with dedicated cores when in promo can be as interesting as or even more interesting than a KS-9 (price/performance ratio) if being on a shared node is ok for you and you can wait for an interesting deal.

• take a look if this one is fit , we are located in Romania :

Dedicated Server
    2xE5-2450 (32 Vcore)
    32 gb ram
    480 gb Pure ssd
    1 ipv4
    1gbps port speed (almost dedicated)
    20 tb traffic included/mo
    Price 37 eur/mo (only 30 servers in stock)
    Link to buy : https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/cart.php?a=add&pid=372

• Over his budget @cociu ...

• Thank you for the comments so far! It seems that there is not much better than a KS-9 for its price (and some root servers) and one would need to spend around 30-40EUR/month for better options (such as Hetzner newest NVMe server).

Thanked by 2eol Hetzner_OL
  • eoleol Member
    edited February 2019

@sgheghele said:
    Thank you for the comments so far! It seems that there is not much better than a KS-9 for its price (and some root servers) and one would need to spend around 30-40EUR/month for better options (such as Hetzner newest NVMe server).

I wouldn't hesitate and get a more recent/faster CPU+double HDD/SSD+Gigabit net for a handful of bucks more @ Hetzner. Either their new line or some auction server.

EDIT2:
    Forgot to mention Hetzner.

Thanked by 2uptime Hetzner_OL
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2019

difficult to do better than Hetzner in Germany I think (but maybe @neoon would know other options) but - going a bit further out, might also consider alphaVPS in Bulgaria ( @AlexBarakov ) and @randvegeta in Lithuania

have you checked https://metadedi.com yet?

Thanked by 1randvegeta