Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asia Game Server VPS needed [Location Singapore]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Asia Game Server VPS needed [Location Singapore]

amsaalamsaal Member
edited February 2019 in General

My requirements as follows:-

1 = 4.2 Ghz CPU [Geni7 6770 or Xeon E5]
2 = 30 GB SSD
3 = 2 GB Ram
4 = 100 mbps [500 Gb Bandwith]
5 = Game Firewall Port [Self Managed] for OVH Game
6 = Contract period 1 month cancel anytime available
7 = Budget 5-10 USD

Please tell me your best offers

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2019

Nobody can offer this on OVH without losing money (maybe HostDoc might somehow.) First the drive space isn't possible with OVH's current drive configurations without overselling drive space (and that's a horrible idea on KVM), and it isn't possible to pay OVH (Game) for larger drives. Second 100Mbps unlimited cost $56/m on top of the server itself ($140 minimum) and that means the host would have to pay for the 250Mbps option at $109/m extra ($192 minimum) since you'd be using the whole port otherwise.

Thanked by 1desperand
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2019

@pakhosting said:
    My requirements as follows:-

1 = 4.2 Ghz CPU [Geni7 6770 or Xeon E5]
    2 = 30 GB SSD
    3 = 2 GB Ram
    4 = 100 mbps [unmetered] no cap
    5 = Game Firewall Port [Self Managed] for OVH Game
    6 = Contract period 1 month cancel anytime available
    7 = Budget 5-10 USD

Please tell me your best offers

Impossible because of unmetered traffic @ OVH which costs 100€ for 250 Mbps for the entire node and you want 100Mbps of that. Either add 50 USD to the budget or you wont get offer even from hostdoc lol.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 2019

The end is nigh.

This is not lowballing. This is literally begging for money.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @MikeA said:
    Nobody can offer this on OVH without losing money (maybe HostDoc might somehow.) First the drive space isn't possible with OVH's current drive configurations without overselling drive space (and that's a horrible idea on KVM), and it isn't possible to pay OVH (Game) for larger drives. Second 100Mbps unlimited cost $56/m on top of the server itself ($140 minimum) and that means the host would have to pay for the 250Mbps option at $109/m extra ($192 minimum) since you'd be using the whole port otherwise.

500 GB Bandwidth.

Min Space atleast 20

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2019

@pakhosting said:
    500 GB Bandwidth.

Min Space atleast 20

If you're asking me no, sorry, not worth.

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • If ever you found one with that spec and price range please tell, currently I have my SG server on Hostdoc.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @andrew1995 said:
    If ever you found one with that spec and price range please tell, currently I have my SG server on Hostdoc.

good luck with it. And yes if i find will let you know.

Thanked by 1andrew1995
  • Good luck with your provider tag

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • Yeah, HostDoc is probably your best bet.
    Nothing quite matching your requirements right now, however, the deals keep changing, so keep an eye on this: https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing.html#sing

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @dahartigan said:
    Good luck with your provider tag

its username.. and i dont have website. so you in wrong side ;) GL

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @kmas said:
    Yeah, HostDoc is probably your best bet.
    Nothing quite matching your requirements right now, however, the deals keep changing, so keep an eye on this: https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing.html#sing

sorry these guys dont have or have no clue what is game firewall panel. so no way !!

NEXT !!

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@pakhosting said:
    sorry these guys dont have or have no clue what is game firewall panel. so no way !!
    NEXT !!

Keep calm, care to explain what happened? Do you want a panel for you to configure the source/dest ip, source/dest port, priority etc?

• HostDocHostDoc Member
    edited February 2019

@pakhosting said:

@kmas said:

NEXT !!

You were rude hence we asked you to leave.
    You apologised and said you will leave a good reviews everywhere because despite the fact we did not have a firewall panel the serice was good.
    You were asked not to do that and just leave an honest reflection of your experience which was obviously not good but not bad either.
    Now, you seem angry again and are now saying we do not have a clue because we do not have a firewall panel like your other host?

Grow up kid, you messed up a great deal with your rudeness and now a replacement cannot be found you are angry again.
    Be angry at yourself and learn how to compose yourself when requesting support.

We were on the verge of enabling the port and I am very happy it was not opened.
    Clients like you sink the whole ship.

• @HostDoc said:

@pakhosting said:

@kmas said:

NEXT !!

You apologised and said you will leave a good reviews everywhere because despite the fact we did not have a firewall panel the serice was good.
    You were asked not to do that and just leave an honest reflection of your experience which was obviously not good but not bad either.
    Now, you seem angry again and are now saying we do not have a clue because we do not have a firewall panel like your other host?

Grow up kid, you messed up a great deal with your rudeness and now a replacement cannot be found you are angry again.

We were on the verge of enabling the port and I am very happy it was not opened.

you are being now angry not me.. what i am saying is the fact . i just want to alert everyone now regret what they got at the end. i did not left bad review just saying you dont have panel for us to manage game firewall.

• I did a quick Google and it seems it's not a common feature for a VPS provider, there's one host but they seem to be not in apac. Maybe you should look into a dedi with ovh game panel or crawl back to your old host assuming you haven't burned your bridges..

Thanked by 2amsaal HostDoc
  • @FAT32 said:

@pakhosting said:
    NEXT !!

Keep calm, care to explain what happened? Do you want a panel for you to configure the source/dest ip, source/dest port, priority etc?

https://snag.gy/pzN8WQ.jpg [this is what is game firewall panel]

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited February 2019

@pakhosting said:
    https://snag.gy/pzN8WQ.jpg [this is what is game firewall panel]

I still feel like this is just normal firewall panel, mapping between source and destination port is not some advanced firewall thing.

Furthermore, HostDoc even offer you the opportunity to open/close based on ticket for now until it is implemented. Is that not enough for you for now?

Thanked by 2dahartigan HostDoc
  • @pakhosting said:

@HostDoc said:

@pakhosting said:

@kmas said:

NEXT !!

you are being now angry not me.. what i am saying is the fact . i just want to alert everyone now regret what they got at the end. i did not left bad review just saying you dont have panel for us to manage game firewall.

Okay, that is acceptable. It is true, there is no end user panel available as mentioned in our own thread also allowing other potential users in search of what you were looking to be aware we do not have the panel.
    I do hope you find another hosts who meets your budget and specs. Do not be rude when making a request and you will be with them long.
    Apologies if I seem angry, I am not, just shocked at your change of attitude.

• Who was your last host @pakhosting ?

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • No it is just my way of speaking may be not my mother tongue if you ever feel offended by my comments i go apologise in public.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @dahartigan said:
    Who was your last host @pakhosting ?

OMGSERV was previous.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Why did you leave them? Seems like they were a good host for your needs?

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • amsaalamsaal Member
    edited February 2019

well issue is layer 7 protection :( every time my cpu/memory gets exhasted . they attack apache and mysql] i tried some iptables no luck. )

if you heared the news they are moving to online.net ... so thats one more reason.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited February 2019

You might find that would be an issue for you with any host, so it's probably a good idea to rethink your specific needs. Is it possible for you to set up your apache and mysql on another server and or use a reverse proxy or cloudflare in the mix?

EDIT2: it's unfortunate things didn't work out with hostdoc, he would have been willing to bend over backwards to help you. A little bit of niceness goes a long way :) it's probably a language/cultural barrier at the end of the day, but human nature is what it is.

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • yes that could be using nginx as reverse proxy ... instead of apache might do ... have not tested . need a spare VPS to just do some testing before i bring on live web. But thanks for your advise. much appreciate.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • No worries bud, best of luck with everything.

• @dahartigan said:
    No worries bud, best of luck with everything.

@hostdoc is good person. he works for his company pretty better then others.

Thanked by 3dahartigan HostDoc eol
  • @mod can you close this thread. i am sorted.

• Wow.. the end is nigh..

Thanked by 1eol
  • @chocolateshirt said:
    Wow.. the end is nigh..

:)