Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[OVH Deals] VPS, dedicated servers, domains
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[OVH Deals] VPS, dedicated servers, domains

ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

Until 28th February

Enjoy discounts on many OVH products (VPS, domain names, Dedicated servers)

On dedicated servers, it's recurring offers.

€: https://www.ovh.ie/ovh-deals/
$: https://www.ovh.com/world/ovh-deals/

you can check this on all OVH websites though.

Cheers

Thanked by 4eol Wolf ehab Lviv

Comments

• Only the host32h and the 32apac servers are within LET limits, rest is non-recurring at 7 euro/month (vpsses) or over 84 usd (dedis)

• Can someone confirm if a provider is allowed to post a couple of offers on the same day in the same category?

• @crpatel said:
    Can someone confirm if a provider is allowed to post a couple of offers on the same day in the same category?

Check it yourself:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-04th-sep-2018/p1

• Oh! 50% Off .com domain. Good price!

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2019

@teamacc said:
    Only the host32h and the 32apac servers are within LET limits, rest is non-recurring at 7 euro/month (vpsses) or over 84 usd (dedis)

Yes, I know only few are under the limit. I just put the global link (because domain can always interest people here), if you are more comfortable pushing only HOST-32H/ DO-32 I will update my post.

@crpatel said:
    Can someone confirm if a provider is allowed to post a couple of offers on the same day in the same category?

Indeed, could have make a single post with Kimsufi / OVH at the same time, but it would have been a mess to handle (comments etc)

Looks like big brother is watching each of my post now, rules.. =)

• @ninzo59 said:
    Looks like big brother is watching each of my post now...

Not only your posts...

• @ninzo59 said:

The difference between now and earlier is that the mods are less active (more rulebreaking threads stay alive), and the confusion about kimsufi and ovh being the same-but-different brand.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

I would support OVH in this case.

1) The company is big enough to justify they represent 3 brands: OVH, Kimsufi and SoYouStart.

2) Apparently ninzo try hard this time by clearly indicate first month on dedicated server instead of setup fee, also not showing higher price servers in LET.

edited February 2019

@FAT32 said:
    I would support OVH in this case.

1) The company is big enough to justify they represent 3 brands: OVH, Kimsufi and SoYouStart.

2) Apparently ninzo try hard this time by clearly indicate first month on dedicated server instead of setup fee, also not showing higher price servers in LET.

1) SYS & KS is part of OVH group, but they are seperated brand for sure (proper terms& conditions, etc)

2) I did this on Kimsufi post, not this one. Since there is lot of product to sell in this offer, I ve just prefered to give the link, without promoting any product in particular. (adding no setup fee in OVH dedicated servers..)

• @ninzo59
    Friendly advice: forget it, never ever start any new discussion.
    Expect for someone (there's always someone) to post whatever promo your company does and then, only after that, you can post further information.

This rule nitpicking is exhausting - even if rightful and morally correct.
    I'm here for the dealz and the occasional trolling, not for the drama and rules nazis.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@teamacc said:

@ninzo59 said:

The difference between now and earlier is that the mods are less active (more rulebreaking threads stay alive), and the confusion about kimsufi and ovh being the same-but-different brand.

I've just stopped caring since everyone else seems to not care as well. Can't wait for the Dewlance's and Misterhost's to catch on and follow suit -- multiple offer threads, prices over limits, setup fees, etc. Should be fun, grab some popcorn.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@MasonR said:
    I've just stopped caring since everyone else seems to not care as well. Can't wait for the Dewlance's and Misterhost's to catch on and follow suit -- multiple offer threads, prices over limits, setup fees, etc. Should be fun, grab some popcorn.

Well, most of the stuff posted from OVH marked as deal, is crap anyway.
    Most of the offers on LET.

Crap in terms of price/performance ratio, not LET worth while.
    So, LET is now WHT? I thought LEB is WHT, but now LET?

• @Neoon said:

@MasonR said:

Calm down.
    LET is not LEB.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@eol said:
    Calm down.
    LET is not LEB.

Not now, but soon I guess.

Thanked by 3uptime MasonR eol
  • the LEB is nigh!

Thanked by 2eol dahartigan
  • OVH is awesome. For the price I could not find true unmetered 100MiBit anywhere else.

@Neoon said:

@MasonR said:

Appreciated :neutral:

edited February 2019

@ninzo59 said:

@Neoon said:

@MasonR said:

Appreciated :neutral:

For LET, most of these offers, are out of budget anyway.
    So not relevant, also Deal is relative to the person who calls it that.

10-20% off, is regular, nothing special, that applies to 50% of the deals on that page.
    The rest is limited to 1 Year or just a short/discounted trial.

There are a few good deals yes, but most of them are just meh.
    Besides the last thread about APAC, which was shit.

You do post good deals, but it is expandable.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2019

I've just stopped caring since everyone else seems to not care as well.

You just have to use your brain a bit, and not just the literal letter of the rules. This (both the KS sale and the OVH Deals sale) was going to be discussed anyways, so who cares who creates the thread. And OVH is bigger than LET by several times in magnitude, so the latter has more to lose by ignoring them than vice versa.

What's important is that we're allowed to discuss it and openly say so if the offer is mediocre -- believe it or not, one of the past mods/admins tried to crack down on that, I'm not kidding.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2019

DrCornFlakes said: Friendly advice: forget it, never ever start any new discussion. Expect for someone (there's always someone) to post whatever promo your company does and then, only after that, you can post further information.

I thought to do it, since I noticed this sale a week ago.

But I think that Kimsufi has outlived itself already. Constantly only KS-9 is sold out now.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited February 2019

DrCornFlakes said: This rule nitpicking is exhausting

Exactly. Some abuse has to be taken care of, but it doesn't matter who creates the threads concerning these offers: the result is the same!

ninzo59 said: Appreciated :neutral:

Please keep posting your offers here! But you know, non recurring offers aren't really interesting if you plan to stay for a loooong period with a provider... :wink:

• DO-32-APAC, Domains and Host-32 are pretty good actually. The rest are for people with more special needs. Thanks for the offers. Seriously considering the DO-32-APAC compared to public cloud.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • happymanhappyman Member
    edited February 2019

Anyone else having problems transferring .net domains ? - It is giving me the full price (even at the final stage). It worked fine for a .com domain.

• @happyman said:
    Anyone else having problems transferring .net domains ? - It is giving me the full price (even at the final stage). It worked fine for a .com domain.

Same here.

• @stefeman said:
    DO-32-APAC, Domains and Host-32 are pretty good actually. The rest are for people with more special needs. Thanks for the offers. Seriously considering the DO-32-APAC compared to public cloud.

I ended up going with the DO-32 too 😀

• @Gravely said:

@stefeman said:
    DO-32-APAC, Domains and Host-32 are pretty good actually. The rest are for people with more special needs. Thanks for the offers. Seriously considering the DO-32-APAC compared to public cloud.

That's a tempting offer! How many IPv4 does that come with? Is it just the 1?

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • @dahartigan said:

@Gravely said:

@stefeman said:

1 with possible additional 16 with no monthly fee(only setup fee) IIRC

• @dahartigan said:

@Gravely said:

@stefeman said:

how it is? any benchmark?

i will also look into it

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

i wish they had the ssd version

• @experttechit said:
    i wish they had the ssd version

in DO-32? APAC