Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Storage for LTS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High Storage for LTS

2»

Comments

• @AC_Fan said:

@Tripleflix said:

@AC_Fan said:

@TimboJones said:

@AC_Fan said:

@TimboJones said:

@Tripleflix said:
    i just got a nice hetzner box and a cheap french(sys) box with wireguard setup so i can torrent away :)

How does wireguard between you and your server protect you from DMCA reports submitted to Hetzner?

The SyS server is OVH, and we all know how strict OVH is about DMCA.

So the point about Wireguard was irrelevant?

He is using the SyS server as VPN server, so I don't think Wireguard is irrelevant. He isn't directly using it as torrent server, tho why he didn't get a commercial VPN is beyond me.

A commercial VPN costs (almost) just as much, and now i get a full VPS with in this case storage as well which i can use. A speed of 250mb is enough for my use anyway.

Are you using an ARM box as VPN server? That's the only cheap SyS server I know. What's your review of it for VPN purposes?

Im using a ARM storage box with the 2TB drive yes. The ARM cores aren't all that powerfull for any VPN duty (tried openvpn first), thats why i jumped over to wireguard.

I can max out the bandwidth (250mb) with wireguard without capping the CPU's, it could probly go faster if the BW was higher.. Wireguard really is a nice protocol.

• @Tripleflix said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Tripleflix said:

@AC_Fan said:

@TimboJones said:

@AC_Fan said:

@TimboJones said:

@Tripleflix said:
    i just got a nice hetzner box and a cheap french(sys) box with wireguard setup so i can torrent away :)

How does wireguard between you and your server protect you from DMCA reports submitted to Hetzner?

The SyS server is OVH, and we all know how strict OVH is about DMCA.

So the point about Wireguard was irrelevant?

He is using the SyS server as VPN server, so I don't think Wireguard is irrelevant. He isn't directly using it as torrent server, tho why he didn't get a commercial VPN is beyond me.

A commercial VPN costs (almost) just as much, and now i get a full VPS with in this case storage as well which i can use. A speed of 250mb is enough for my use anyway.

Are you using an ARM box as VPN server? That's the only cheap SyS server I know. What's your review of it for VPN purposes?

Im using a ARM storage box with the 2TB drive yes. The ARM cores aren't all that powerfull for any VPN duty (tried openvpn first), thats why i jumped over to wireguard.

I can max out the bandwidth (250mb) with wireguard without capping the CPU's, it could probly go faster if the BW was higher.. Wireguard really is a nice protocol.

Thanks, BTW, are additional IPs available?

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

AC_Fan said: Thanks, BTW, are additional IPs available?

No

• @Vova1234 said:

No

Sad But True

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

@AC_Fan said:

@Vova1234 said:

No

Sad But True

I have ordered two ARM-2T 4 days ago. Waiting for issue.