Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For Hire – Backup Expert to Setup Backup Server with Free GUI
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

For Hire – Backup Expert to Setup Backup Server with Free GUI

nqservicesnqservices Member
edited February 2019 in Requests

Hi,

I’m looking to hire someone who can install and setup any free backup software with a web GUI (ex: BackupPC v4, elkarbackup.org or any other based on rsync) on a Linux KVM server I have. I will only need to backup Linux servers. Windows support is not needed.

The software used must be one your are confortable with. Meaning you already use it or are using it. I really need someone that knows what is doing.

Besides the installation, the service must include setup of the backup client on a test server to ensure backups are being properly made. The backups should include both files and also databases.

On the end of the service, you must give me clear instructions (step by step) on how to setup the client on new servers.

Timeframe for this is not urgent. You can take a few days.

PM me your offer.

Thanks

Comments

• tl;dr, you want to hire someone to teach you how to setup backup. Cmiiw

• what should the webgui be good for?

if you want to push backups with rsync you only need to create/add the ssh key of the client machine to the backup server and then it's a one-liner rsync to put into daily cron f.i.

if you want to include proper mysql backups AutoMySQLBackup does exactly what the name suggest, creating mysql dumps automatically (incl. rotating them). if you use it locally on each client the dumps will then be backed up to the other server with the rsync anyway.

tl;dr; get familiar with the use of rsync itself, if that's what you want to use. there are a lot of tutorials out there ;-)

on a sidenote: I'd rather recommend looking into rdiff-backup or borg instead of (only) using rsync. a daily sync is a good start but does have some caveats in terms of protection against user faults, like accidental file deletion, malware issue etc.

Thanked by 3uptime angstrom eol
  • @Falzo said:
    what should the webgui be good for?

For increased security.