Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 Core - 3.5 Ghz 16 GB DDR4 1TB SSD Unmetered 1 GBPS Bandwidth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

8 Core - 3.5 Ghz 16 GB DDR4 1TB SSD Unmetered 1 GBPS Bandwidth

8 Core - 3.5 Ghz
16 GB DDR4
Unmetered 1 GBPS Bandwidth

Location NL or US

Thanked by 1dxsweet

Comments

• Good luck with your budget

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member
    edited February 2019

1TB SSD? You and Contabo deserve each other.
    Edit: Ignoring your location criteria, Hetzner's EX42-NVMe is 39 Euro (with 39 Euro setup fee).

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • What’s your budget?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @muffin said:
    What’s your budget?

unlimited*

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

£385 p/month.

• DataWagonDataWagon Member, Patron Provider

@ekcdn said:
    8 Core - 3.5 Ghz
    16 GB DDR4

Location NL or US

$174 /month
    Intel Xeon E3-1240v3
    32GB RAM
    2 x 500GB SSD (Can be RAID0 array for 1TB SSD)
    1Gbps Dedicated Unmetered
    New York, USA
    https://datawagon.net/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=66

• @AC_Fan said:
    Edit: Ignoring your location criteria, Hetzner's EX42-NVMe is 39 Euro (with 39 Euro setup fee).

What's wrong with Contabo, I have used their awhile now and everything looks good ....

You have any bad experience with them?

• @walidh93 said:

@AC_Fan said:

What's wrong with Contabo, I have used their awhile now and everything looks good ....

I just don't believe they can offer a 10 vCore, 60GB dedicated RAM, 1600GB SSD VPS at 27 Euro. And if they are willing to lie about that plan, what's stopping them from doing it to other plans? Also, they use Google AdWords, a lot. Can't afford that if you're targeting LET.

• @AC_Fan said:

@walidh93 said:

@AC_Fan said:

I just don't believe they can offer a 10 vCore, 60GB dedicated RAM, 1600GB SSD VPS at 27 Euro. And if they are willing to lie about that plan, what's stopping them from doing it to other plans? Also, they use Google AdWords, a lot. Can't afford that if you're targeting LET.

Nothing wrong with Contabo, actually. Check my review. They are offering good vps & specs for their pricing. Are they the best host ever? No. Are they bad? No. Try them yourself and decide whether their performance and reliablity is sufficient for your needs and/or it's worth paying lots of more money to get it elsewhere. For my personal projects and also some client Projects Contabo has often been more than sufficient.

Thanked by 2desfire sgheghele
  • @Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@walidh93 said:

@AC_Fan said:

Nothing wrong with Contabo, actually. Check my review. They are offering good vps & specs for their pricing. Are they the best host ever? No. Are they bad? No. Try them yourself and decide whether their performance and reliablity is sufficient for your needs and/or it's worth paying lots of more money to get it elsewhere. For my personal projects and also some client Projects Contabo has often been more than sufficient.

I've read your review and many others, and I'm not saying that the performance, reliability, or the host themselves is bad. What I am saying is that they are willing to lie about the specs, and that's always gonna be a deal breaker for me, regardless of other factors - which is also the reason I won't ever recommend Online.net/OneProvider.

• @AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@walidh93 said:

@AC_Fan said:

I've read your review and many others, and I'm not saying that the performance, reliability, or the host themselves is bad. What I am saying is that they are willing to lie about the specs, and that's always gonna be a deal breaker for me, regardless of other factors - which is also the reason I won't ever recommend Online.net/OneProvider.

Do you have proof of them lying? If they own the hardware and DC surely they can offer servers cheaper than others.

• @Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@walidh93 said:

@AC_Fan said:

Do you have proof of them lying? If they own the hardware and DC surely they can offer servers cheaper than others.

Uh, Hetzner EX42-NVMe costs 34 Euros for 1TB SSD and 64GB RAM. They offer 64GB RAM and 1.6TB SSD at 27 Euros. I'm sorry since you seem to like them, but that tells me all that I need to know.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2019

@AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@walidh93 said:

@AC_Fan said:

Uh, Hetzner EX42-NVMe costs 34 Euros for 1TB SSD and 64GB RAM. They offer 64GB RAM and 1.6TB SSD at 27 Euros. I'm sorry since you seem to like them, but that tells me all that I need to know.

You seem to know a lot then.

Never said Hetzner was bad. They are great. Still the deal you are mentioning costs me 40€ as a consumer, VAT inclusive. So not 34€ like you were saying. It's still a great deal and I can understand anyone who likes Hetzner's offers.

• @Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@walidh93 said:

@AC_Fan said:

Never said Hetzner was bad. They are great. Still the deal you are mentioning costs me 40€ as a consumer, VAT inclusive. So not 34€ like you were saying. It's still a great deal and I can understand anyone who likes Hetzner's offers.

For the majority it's VAT exempt, so I think 34 is the correct price to be considered. I don't know a lot, I have no problem admitting that - but it's too good to be true, for me at least. Their dedicated servers are much less value for money too, which again, isn't confidence inspiring.

• @AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@walidh93 said:

@AC_Fan said:

For the majority it's VAT exempt, so I think 34 is the correct price to be considered. I don't know a lot, I have no problem admitting that - but it's too good to be true, for me at least. Their dedicated servers are much less value for money too, which again, isn't confidence inspiring.

That's why I said: Try and see if it works for you. I don't think they are using fake specs anyway. Surely there may be some system in place to prevent abuse / make sure things keep working the way they should but I can't imagine them lying about the specs.

• AC_Fan said: Uh, Hetzner EX42-NVMe costs 34 Euros for 1TB SSD and 64GB RAM. They offer 64GB RAM and 1.6TB SSD at 27 Euros. I'm sorry since you seem to like them, but that tells me all that I need to know.

With Contabo, resources are shared, while hetzner gives you a dedi: you can't really consider both offers being the same.

• @Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@walidh93 said:

@AC_Fan said:

That's why I said: Try and see if it works for you. I don't think they are using fake specs anyway. Surely there may be some system in place to prevent abuse / make sure things keep working the way they should but I can't imagine them lying about the specs.

I guess we have reached a stage where the only response I can give is: agree to disagree.
    At least we were both polite?

@datanoise said:

AC_Fan said: Uh, Hetzner EX42-NVMe costs 34 Euros for 1TB SSD and 64GB RAM. They offer 64GB RAM and 1.6TB SSD at 27 Euros. I'm sorry since you seem to like them, but that tells me all that I need to know.

With Contabo, resources are shared, while hetzner gives you a dedi: you can't really consider both offers being the same.

I didn't mention CPU precisely because of that and they say the RAM is dedicated. Storage is obviously, dedicated.

• @AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:

@walidh93 said:

@AC_Fan said:

I guess we have reached a stage where the only response I can give is: agree to disagree.
    At least we were both polite?

@datanoise said:

AC_Fan said: Uh, Hetzner EX42-NVMe costs 34 Euros for 1TB SSD and 64GB RAM. They offer 64GB RAM and 1.6TB SSD at 27 Euros. I'm sorry since you seem to like them, but that tells me all that I need to know.

I didn't mention CPU precisely because of that and they say the RAM is dedicated. Storage is obviously, dedicated.

Let's agree to disagree then ;)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

And I shall disagree to agree.

Not sure what the fuss is though. Comparing shared resource plan with dedicated resource plan is like comparing a whore to a proper wife.

• AC_Fan said: Storage is obviously, dedicated.

Not necessarily. The array of disks can be shared among a few customers. We don't know how they organize their nodes.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2019

Although only 4 cores, but dedicated. I am sure that offerings with 8 cores would have significantly less real power available, since the performance has to be shared with other customers who also want to have 8 CPU cores at 16 GB Ram.

Located in Germany, but in future also in NL available:

4 x 2,6 - 3,3 GHz - dedicated E5-2670 or E5-2680v2 Cores
    16 GB DDR3 ECC
    120 GB SSD
    1 GBit/s uplink

Traffic: fair use

for 24€ / month

I can do real unlimited Traffic on dedicated GBit/s for +357 € / month

• @GameTownProjects said:
    120 GB

SSD?

• @eol said:

@GameTownProjects said:
    120 GB

SSD?

1.44MB floppies.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @dahartigan said:

@eol said:

@GameTownProjects said:
    120 GB

SSD?

1.44MB floppies.

Gotta love Floppy RAID.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@eol said:
    Gotta love Floppy RAID.

Reminds me of this legend:

Thanked by 3eol uptime Falzo
  • Impressive!

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

@eol said:

@GameTownProjects said:
    120 GB

SSD?

Yes SSD. Added it to my previously post.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @ekcdn said:
    8 Core - 3.5 Ghz
    16 GB DDR4

Location NL or US

Dual E5-2670 16 cores 32 threads 2.6Ghz 64Gb
    1Gbps
    1Tb SSD
    $149.99
    US

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider