Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows VPS RDP 4Gig Ram minimum
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows VPS RDP 4Gig Ram minimum

Need a Min 4,gig ram windows vps with RDP enabled.

Cheap as possible.

Comments

• Location?

• Doesn't matter. Once when I connect from Ireland it's not extremely slow.

• You want low ping/distance for a good experience.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Our Europe locations may come in stock for a couple hours at a time once or twice a week. If you happen to catch that, I recommend ordering the SSD4G package here. With the coupon LEB30 it's $14 per month.

https://virmach.com/windows-remote-desktop-vps/

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Dave30x said:
    Need a Min 4,gig ram windows vps with RDP enabled.

Cheap as possible.

You can order our VPS in NY for good connectivity to Ireland - https://hosteons.com/vps.php

• lookingbadlookingbad Member
    edited February 2019

I have 6gig windows rdp server from virmach. Which I got in blackfriday deal. If you want I will transfer to you 24$/year +3$ transfer fee.

Hard disk 15GB
    Type: KVM

• Are you sure 15GB is enough for Windows? ...

@lookingbad said:
    I have 6gig windows rdp server from virmach. Which I got in blackfriday deal. If you want I will transfer to you 24$/year +3$ transfer fee.

Hard disk 15GB

Thanked by 1eol
  • @muffin said:
    Are you sure 15GB is enough for Windows? ...

@lookingbad said:

Hard disk 15GB

15GB ought to be enough for anybody.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @eol said:

@muffin said:
    Are you sure 15GB is enough for Windows? ...

@lookingbad said:

Hard disk 15GB

15GB ought to be enough for anybody.

More than sufficient

• windows server 2016 needs at least 20GB OS only.

take at least 40GB of disk space to be on Happy side.

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2019

15GB will surely fit both Windows 2012 and 2016 (13.5G for both). But:

It's all depends on the image creator though :dizzy:

In anyways, the VPS should be good for web surfing, light script testing (make sure you pay attention to their AUP regarding resource usages). :wink:

• @ehab said:
    windows server 2016 ...

Trolldows.
    The spying game you cannot win.

• feezioxiii said: Never - ever turn on Windows Update. (Disable it via services.msc)

Why is this ever a thing you would do

edited February 2019

@hzr said:

feezioxiii said: Never - ever turn on Windows Update. (Disable it via services.msc)

Why is this ever a thing you would do

Most critical updates won't work on a 15GB machine with 1GB free anyways, and it will attempt to download the patch first automatically (unless set via policy) which make the space filled up even no update occurred.

Also, Windows Update is well-known for forcing auto update and reboot the node after completion (still, unless strictly set up via policy), not a good service to keep running if you want the highest uptime possible :smiley:

But in any case, I would highly recommend reading the patch note and updating manually as some updates aren't relevant to people usage, installing them would be a waste of resources, not to mention it's way faster than Windows Update.

If anyone uses Windows server core, it might be a good practice to keep update up and running though, as Microsoft tends to have updates with no reboot required on those.

• Talk to me about it . I need

• eoleol Member
    edited February 2019

@feezioxiii said:
    If anyone uses gets used by Windows server core, it might be a good practice to keep update up and running though, as Microsoft tends to have updates with no reboot required on those.

EDIT2:

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • thanks all.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Dediserve.com has a dublin location: https://manage.dediserve.com/cart/cloud-resources/

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Sorry for the confusion. Correct space is 20GB.

Anyone Interested. I can transfer to them

Details are
    Bandwidth 2.52 GB of 1.46 TB Used / 1.46 TB Free
    0%
    Ram Memory 5.75 GB
    SSD 20 GB ( 8 GB is free after windows 2012 install)

@eol said:

@feezioxiii said:
    If anyone uses gets used by Windows server core, it might be a good practice to keep update up and running though, as Microsoft tends to have updates with no reboot required on those.

EDIT2:

Windows server core is super lightweight and command based make it easier to control the server if you get used to it, but the most important limitation of the core version is that it can't run software that required GUI and need a separated command based version of the same program, which make it no point of using Windows when we can't run GUI-ed programs (using Linux still better though).

Thanked by 1eol
  • Windows on 15gb machine is hardly working. There a reason, why windows tablet use 16gb at least.

20gb if you want to have os that's at least usable. Believe me I know. I have 3 idle windows vps on virmach black Friday.

Thanked by 2eol feezioxiii
  • VeespVeesp Member, Host Rep

Hi! @lookingbad's offer looks pretty alluring. Also, you can give a try to our Windows VPS as we have a good connection to Ireland. Check out http://lg.veesp.com/

• wishosting.com

Thanked by 1coreflux