Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking guaranteed bandwidth VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking guaranteed bandwidth VPS

lzy0lzy0 Member
edited February 2019 in Requests

1.CPU 1-2C
2. Memory 512MB-1G
3. Hard disk 200-500G
4. Network Downstream 1G sharing, exclusive or guaranteed 100M-200M
5. Can perform P2P transmission
6. Low price
7.Unmeasured bandwidth

Comments

• 你好我是朋友

Thanked by 1eol
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2019

again? go to HF and find a seedbox

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

7$?

• xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

Budget?

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Good luck with your budget.

Thanked by 1eol
  • SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

I don't get it. Are you asking for a 1 Gig port with 100-200Mbps bandwidth? Or are you asking for 100-200Mbps guaranteed rate? A true dedicated line is going to cost you way more money than I'm guessing you can afford.

• @lzy0 said:
    1.CPU 1-2C
    2. Memory 512MB-1G
    3. Hard disk 200-500G
    6. Low price
    7.Unmeasured bandwidth

Go to seedboxes package instead of vps..

• Those posts should have a maxmium budget specified by thread starters.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @SpryServers_Tab said:
    I don't get it. Are you asking for a 1 Gig port with 100-200Mbps bandwidth? Or are you asking for 100-200Mbps guaranteed rate? A true dedicated line is going to cost you way more money than I'm guessing you can afford.

Downstream 1G because I need to cache files from other servers to this new server
    Upstream: This server will also upload files to other servers, sometimes as high as 100-200M but this is not a long-term
    And need an unmeasured network

• @chocolateshirt said:

@lzy0 said:
    1.CPU 1-2C
    2. Memory 512MB-1G
    3. Hard disk 200-500G
    6. Low price
    7.Unmeasured bandwidth

Go to seedboxes package instead of vps..

My needs are similar to seedboxes

• @VPSSLIM said:
    7$?

7 dollars can, need KVM and the network is not metered

Thanked by 2uptime t0m
  • @xTom said:
    Budget?

Can I get this demand within 10 dollars?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 2t0m eol
  • @lzy0 said:

@VPSSLIM said:
    7$?

7 dollars can, need KVM and the network is not metered

That's the spirit!

Thanked by 2t0m starservices
  • edited February 2019

So you want something that is worth over $100 for under or around $10?
    Good luck with your day-dreaming.

P.S. - buyvm (even thats a BIG maybe)

• @t0ny0 said:

OVH is very cost-effective, but he has taxes and fees, and it is difficult to exempt taxes. Is there no higher cost performance than OVH?

• @lzy0 said:

@t0ny0 said:

OVH is very cost-effective, but he has taxes and fees, and it is difficult to exempt taxes. Is there no higher cost performance than OVH?

Ovh vps will give you up/down 100Mbps max. Again - the only one I can think of is buyvm. Or up your budget to a more reasonable one, and grab yourself a hetzner. Although p2p kind of doesn't go well with hetzner. So back to Francisco and BuyVM

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@lzy0

What traffic volume/month up and down?

A 200 Mb/s interface shouldn't be a problem. 200 - 500 GB make it a bit tighter but is feasible. The decisive point is how much traffic will go up and down.

Oh and: Will you guys never get it? There is no "unmetered" - certainly not in the low end.

So, put the traffic numbers on the table or leave the table.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @t0ny0 said:

@lzy0 said:

@t0ny0 said:

Ovh vps will give you up/down 100Mbps max. Again - the only one I can think of is buyvm. Or up your budget to a more reasonable one, and grab yourself a hetzner. Although p2p kind of doesn't go well with hetzner. So back to Francisco and BuyVM

OVH's standalone servers can be up to 500M, creating a VPS by purchasing a standalone server. But the budget is limited

• @jsg said:
    @lzy0

A 200 Mb/s interface shouldn't be a problem. 200 - 500 GB make it a bit tighter but is feasible. The decisive point is how much traffic will go up and down.

Oh and: Will you guys never get it? There is no "unmetered" - certainly not in the low end.

The hard drive can be smaller, but not less than 50G.
    The network is at 20-30T, the price is within 10 knives, and the downlink is not measured (because I need tens of minutes to cache files every day) can I get it?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@lzy0 said:

@jsg said:
    @lzy0

The network is at 20-30T, the price is within 10 knives, and the downlink is not measured (because I need tens of minutes to cache files every day) can I get it?

Yes. To name an example: netcup root server. Offers 1 dedicated core (2 threads), 8 GB dedicated memory, 200 Mb/s guaranteed bandwith for up to 80 TB/mo and, if you take the spindle option rather than the SSD one, 320 GB disk, all for ca. 7€/mo if paid semi-annually.

Caveat: They check new customers and (I strongly suppose) they are picky re. "grey zone" server usage (which I like). So, depending on what exactly you plan to do, they might or might not be a good choice.

And there are some other providers here that might have what you want but again the problem might be what you are doing with that VPS.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @jsg said:

@lzy0 said:

@jsg said:
    @lzy0

Yes. To name an example: netcup root server. Offers 1 dedicated core (2 threads), 8 GB dedicated memory, 200 Mb/s guaranteed bandwith for up to 80 TB/mo and, if you take the spindle option rather than the SSD one, 320 GB disk, all for ca. 7€/mo if paid semi-annually.

Caveat: They check new customers and (I strongly suppose) they are picky re. "grey zone" server usage (which I like). So, depending on what exactly you plan to do, they might or might not be a good choice.

And there are some other providers here that might have what you want but again the problem might be what you are doing with that VPS.

It looks very good. Thank you for recommending me.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Me too

• Grab a VPN like NordVPN that allows torrenting, get the cheapest VPS that doesn't allow P2P traffic and stick the VPN over the top. That's the cheapest way.

• @Jake4 said:
    Grab a VPN like NordVPN that allows torrenting, get the cheapest VPS that doesn't allow P2P traffic and stick the VPN over the top. That's the cheapest way.

It still p2p..

• xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

@lzy0 said:

@xTom said:
    Budget?

Can I get this demand within 10 dollars?

$10 is reasonable in US and EU, but for P2P purpose, it's better hosted in EU locations.

• @chocolateshirt said:

@Jake4 said:
    Grab a VPN like NordVPN that allows torrenting, get the cheapest VPS that doesn't allow P2P traffic and stick the VPN over the top. That's the cheapest way.

It still p2p..

Not exactly, by P2P I mean a provider that doesn't allow torrenting on there network side.