Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Custom Game VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Custom Game VPS

OSReptileOSReptile Member
edited February 2019 in Requests

Hi, I am looking for a Server to host Minecraft on. I prefer having control of the actual block instead of using a panel such as Multicraft or Pterodactyl. Below I have listed thrice minimum specs, and If you could help please DM me or reply to this thread! (I have made a thread before but ended up not using that one, as I didnt mention strict details - sorry all!)
And just finally, if Windows Server Licence is included for free, that would be perfect - but if not there must be the ability to upload a custom ISO and VNC must be accessible via browser, to setup the Operating System myself - I will be using a normal operating system (weird) - Windows 10 Home 🤪Thank u.

VZ Type: KVM (Unsure)

Number of Cores: ANY!
RAM: 8GB or more
Disk Space: 50GB or more (backups included would be nice)
Disk Type: SSD (Preferably NVMe)

Bandwidth: Unlimited
Port Speed: ANY!

DDoS Protection: Yes

Number of IPs: x1 v4

Budget: $14.08 / month (£11) - strict budget, no higher than twelve - £11 including VAT if charged

Billing period: Monthly only

Comments

• How many game server VPS threads will you start apart from these 2?

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • OSReptileOSReptile Member
    edited February 2019

This should be the last one, sorry for the inconvenience @eol! I opened this one because I didn’t post strict info on what I actually needed, I kinda went over budget with VAT. Sorry to everyone that helped! Happy Valentines also

Thanked by 1eol
  • Hetzner CX31, and learn some linux.

Thanked by 3eol Xenos taubin
  • OSReptileOSReptile Member
    edited February 2019

teamacc said: Hetzner CX31, and learn some linux.

Thank you for your suggestion, I have considered Hetzner before, infact that was the exact plan I was about to use, but I don't like how they want your passport information for verification, so I have decided not to use them. Any other suggestions? Soz 2 be a pain

• Take a look at Wishosting's KVM HDD Plus and KVM HDD Plus II CA if you can work with storage type or location.

https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

• i think I'll look at the KVM HHD Plus, France should be good but I dont think the ping latency will be great in Canada as it is half way across the world! Thanks for the suggestion!

• Does anyone have any suggestions with SSD's? Although @Xenos that is possibly a breakthrough for me... :wink:

• XenosXenos Member
    edited February 2019

There's also Contabo if you want to pay the setup fee.

https://contabo.com/?show=configurator&vserver_id=221

• Wow, thanks @xenos! This could be amazing for me, as the 30Gb of ram for only 15€ pm could be changing it for me! I am just awaiting a ticket reply on custom ISO’s, and we’ll see.
    Thank you very much all!

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2019

We offer vRoot servers wich are based on KVM with dedicated Ressources like CPU, RAM and network connection. With this offers you got nearly all advantages from a dedicated server to a much smaller price.

Here some vRoot offer from us:

CPU: 2 x 2,6 - 3,3 GHz dedicated
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3 ECC
    SSD Speicher: 60 GB

For 13 € / month
    Located in Germany and DDoS Protected by Voxility.

https://kts24.com/?page=item_addons&id=279

Custom ISO are possible of course.

• @GameTownProjects do you have free Windows or custom iso support?

• @xenos sorry to be a pain, are there any you know off your head with custom ISO support? Contabo are still getting back to me about linux support help. Thanks

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

You can upload your own ISO or use a 180 days trial license for Windows Server 2016

• I suggest you use a linux OS as Java will run better there.
    VPS for minecraft is not recommended because you will need very good per core performance, which you usually won't get, even if you will, you will have to be lucky for it to remain this way.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited February 2019

You still didn't answer what game are you playing.

edit:

OSReptile said: Hi, I am looking for a Server to host Minecraft on.

nvm(e).

Thanked by 1eol