Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to buy a OVH Kimsufi server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to buy a OVH Kimsufi server

Hi,

I, like many here (apparently) have been trying to buy one of the low priced Kimsufi servers, either KS-1 or KS-2 for a few weeks now. It's always listed as "Currently being replenished", out of stock.

Not knowing what method may work, or if anyone has had success, thought I'd ask here if there's some kind of secret or trick or successfully ordering one.

Tried doing some searches on other threads here but didn't see anything recent specifically on this topic.

Please don't hate. Just asking a simple question, thanks in advance for any replies!

Thanked by 1eol

Comments

• I have no idea.

Thanked by 1Janevski

Thanked by 1mfs
  • @saibal said:

They still show as sold out, unavailable on that site.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 2019

So, sign up and wait.

If you don't want to wait, put in some efforts. Camp at the site and keep hitting refresh every 10 seconds for few days. This needs to be done 24 hours a day.

Have an approved account ready as well or it will be sold out even before you can complete ordering.

Of course, if you are unwilling to send ID and documents, forget what I said.

• @deank said:
    So, sign up and wait.

If you don't want to wait, put in some efforts. Camp at the site and keep hitting refresh every 10 seconds for few days. This needs to be done 24 hours a day.

Have an approved account ready as well or it will be sold out even before you can complete ordering.

Of course, if you are unwilling to send ID and documents, forget what I said.

I have an approved account there. Was wondering if the solution was maybe to camp out, thanks for verifying. Guess I'll start camping, lol.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

There are a lot of people camping on the site. Good luck. You are going to need it.

Thanked by 1p50
  • i had luck early morning on new years day. So just to give you an idea. You might need to wake up at 2am where ever you are. And you might be too slow because the other was quicker than you.

i'd go with online on any month 1'st and maybe grab the cheapest.

• @p50 said: They still show as sold out, unavailable on that site.

You can sign up for notifications on those sites. It's a who clicks first contest after you're notified.

Thanked by 1p50
  • @saibal said:

@p50 said: They still show as sold out, unavailable on that site.

You can sign up for notifications on those sites. It's a who clicks first contest after you're notified.

Got it. Thanks for the tip! I'll join the contest. lol.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Can join the metadedi discord and subscribe for notifications when they're available. Usually drop in the morning EU time.

https://discord.gg/uXuBT5p (just copy/pasta'd from the top nav bar: https://en.metadedi.net/)

Thanked by 2p50 uptime
  • @Harambe said:
    Can join the metadedi discord and subscribe for notifications when they're available. Usually drop in the morning EU time.

https://discord.gg/uXuBT5p (just copy/pasta'd from the top nav bar: https://en.metadedi.net/)

Ohhh, more good info. Thanks!

• You just go to the OfflineNet sell booth and tell them "gimme all your kimsufi!" they comply and you're off on your way. Then you return, since you forgot to pay, but now they say the whole thing has been a robbery, they don't take too kindly. Then they get you and you meet Bubba. When you get out of the big house you find out you've forgotten how to fart.

Then you ask yourself, was it worth it?

tl;dr: Those offers are marketing only, it's an unsustainable deal, that's why it's so rare.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Janevski said:
    You just go to the OfflineNet sell booth and tell them "gimme all your kimsufi!" they comply and you're off on your way. Then you return, since you forgot to pay, but now they say the whole thing has been a robbery, they don't take too kindly. Then they get you and you meet Bubba. When you get out of the big house you find out you've forgotten how to fart.

Then you ask yourself, was it worth it?

tl;dr: Those offers are marketing only, it's an unsustainable deal, that's why it's so rare.

LOL!

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • You gotta use two fingers first.

• What for?

• LetzienLetzien Member
    edited February 2019

Otherwise you'll start to curse.

(NWS)

By none other than Tom Fulp.

• That doesn't answer my question.

• Actually, it does.

• How so?

• Yes, and no.

Thanked by 1eol
  • if you don't wanna use those sites.

check kimsufi site every secs with ur eyes balls til you get tried. when you are lucky, you might find them one day. who knows.

• Fastest fingers first.
    Beat everyone from every time zone to it.

• Just keep a tab open on the Kimsufi page and refresh it often while you're browsing or whatever. I've seen their servers pop up many times just doing that.