Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS from £17.49 Per Year | IPv6 ONLY KVM from £6.50/y | Dual Storage - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS from £17.49 Per Year | IPv6 ONLY KVM from £6.50/y | Dual Storage

13»

Comments

• @HostDoc said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @TimboJones said:

What is swap RAM? Swap is hard drive space, calling it "swap RAM" implies a ramdisk is being used, which I highly doubt.

Agree, fully.
    @HostDoc said:

We call it swap ram so it is easy to understand and non [sic] of our clients have a problem understanding it, why do you?

That doesn't make it correct, just because you want it to be.
    (Similar to another of my pet peeves:- calling storage 'memory'.)

I agree it does not make it correct, but as mentioned, it is phrased as it is to be understood easily, which it mostly is.

For the record, I asked a technical question, not attacked your business offer. I was expecting to learn something new about a unique configuration, not learn how to mislead customers. This is a discussion forum, in case you were not aware. You don't need to get so butt hurt when asked technical questions. If you can't, you're probably in the wrong business.

As already pointed out, calling it a ram swap is just wrong. Whether customers complain is irrelevant. It's laughable that calling something that it most definitely isn't, is going to make it easy to understand vs the well known name used for decades. Calling it what it's not and configuring it without any logical reasoning is something potential customers should be aware of when choosing their provider.

• @TimboJones said:

@HostDoc said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @TimboJones said:

What is swap RAM? Swap is hard drive space, calling it "swap RAM" implies a ramdisk is being used, which I highly doubt.

Agree, fully.
    @HostDoc said:

We call it swap ram so it is easy to understand and non [sic] of our clients have a problem understanding it, why do you?

I agree it does not make it correct, but as mentioned, it is phrased as it is to be understood easily, which it mostly is.

For the record, I asked a technical question, not attacked your business offer. I was expecting to learn something new about a unique configuration, not learn how to mislead customers. This is a discussion forum, in case you were not aware. You don't need to get so butt hurt when asked technical questions. If you can't, you're probably in the wrong business.

As already pointed out, calling it a ram swap is just wrong. Whether customers complain is irrelevant. It's laughable that calling something that it most definitely isn't, is going to make it easy to understand vs the well known name used for decades. Calling it what it's not and configuring it without any logical reasoning is something potential customers should be aware of when choosing their provider.

Okay. If you say so Jones.
    This conversation had reached an amicable conclusion but you just have to continue it with no logical reason and a wall of text at that!?
    As already pointed pointed out, yes, it is technically incorrect but a technicality so small one should not dwell on too long now you call it misleading?? Wake up Jones, your still sleeping.

In any case, I hope you have had a good day with a loved one today?

Regards.

• @HostDoc said:
    Wake up Jones, your still sleeping.

You're*

If we're talking technicalities.

• @teamacc said:

@HostDoc said:

You're*

How can you people confuse "you're" and "your"? I'm learning English and I can't see a way to confuse those words.

Ay, hay, ahí!

• @imok said:

@teamacc said:

@HostDoc said:

You're*

How can you people confuse "you're" and "your"? I'm learning English and I can't see a way to confuse those words.

Ay, hay, ahí!

Most English native counties are incapable of speaking English these days.

Thanked by 2eol AlwaysSkint
  • @HostDoc said:

@TimboJones said:

@HostDoc said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @TimboJones said:

Agree, fully.
    @HostDoc said:

This conversation had reached an amicable conclusion but you just have to continue it with no logical reason and a wall of text at that!?
    As already pointed pointed out, yes, it is technically incorrect but a technicality so small one should not dwell on too long now you call it misleading?? Wake up Jones, your still sleeping.

Regards.

Wall of text? It was two short paragraphs. Reading too hard for you? If we reached a conclusion, feel free to stop yourself. Your response was akin to "wah wah, stop picking on me".

This is your reaction instead of "you're right, these swap allocations make no sense and have no explanation for setting them that way". Bitching about my posts isn't going to hide this.

• @TimboJones said:

@HostDoc said:

@TimboJones said:

@HostDoc said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @TimboJones said:

Agree, fully.
    @HostDoc said:

Regards.

Reading too hard for you?

@HostDoc said:

As already pointed pointed out, yes, it is technically incorrect but a technicality so small one should not dwell on too long now you call it misleading?? Wake up Jones, you're still sleeping.

• @HostDoc said:

@TimboJones said:

@HostDoc said:

@TimboJones said:

@HostDoc said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @TimboJones said:

Agree, fully.
    @HostDoc said:

Regards.

@HostDoc said:

As already pointed pointed out, yes, it is technically incorrect but a technicality so small one should not dwell on too long now you call it misleading?? Wake up Jones, you're still sleeping.

For fuck sakes, now you're mixing the wrong name issue with wrong sizing issue. It's great you allow swap to be reconfigured by the user, but many users won't know they can or how to. It's not allowed by many other providers since it's sold as a server specification. I would say even advertising it as "configurable swap" would be a feature!

Instead of telling people to wake the fuck up, just do better next time. You're really trying to prove your reading is shit, though.

• @TimboJones said:

@HostDoc said:

@TimboJones said:

@HostDoc said:

@TimboJones said:

@HostDoc said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @TimboJones said:

Agree, fully.
    @HostDoc said:

Regards.

@HostDoc said:

For fuck sakes, now you're mixing the wrong name issue with wrong sizing issue. It's great you allow swap to be reconfigured by the user, but many users won't know they can or how to. It's not allowed by many other providers since it's sold as a server specification. I would say even advertising it as "configurable swap" would be a feature!

Instead of telling people to wake the fuck up, just do better next time. You're really trying to prove your reading is shit, though.

I had a great Christmas too thanks.
    Swap thingy space or swap partition shall be the way it will be presented.
    No, it did not snow this new year.
    Thanks for your input though.
    If someone does not know how to configure swap, they should not have an unmanaged machine.

Regards.

Thanked by 1dahartigan