Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap yearly KVM VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap yearly KVM VPS

Hi everyone,

my budget is up to 20$ per year

Specs needed:

KVM
Space don't matter
Ram don't matter
IPv4 possibly

Will be used for OpenVPN

Please offer.

Thank you.

Comments

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

You might check a few of our specials Here

• @XiNiX said:
    You might check a few of our specials Here

the KVM one which location is?

• BuyVM
    /thread

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • any other proposal? Until now it's only USA vps

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2019

Go check out the latest offer from HostHatch posted yesterday:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/155540/1-gb-ram-10-gb-nvme-1-tb-bandwidth-2-5-mo-la-ny-oslo-vienna#latest

There is no reason the $15.00/year offer they are making couldn't tick all your boxes?

If you really must have 'Spain or Portugal" you are only going to find maybe 1-2 hosts in that area and the transit is going to be primarily Cogent, so really I don't understand this requirement at all, as almost any host located in DE/NL/FR/IT which has IX cross connects will provide better quality transit to almost all locations, since all the sea cables usually run into Italy or France and then push routing out over IX/Local transit anyways, so routing through one of these locations for a VPN would make a lot more sense than Spain/Portugal as you mentioned.

The only host that may fit your location requirement (but not your budget) is Ginernet but even then, most of their mix is Cogent.

As per Asia or South America locations, you would need to likely double or triple your budget easily, as bandwidth and power in these locations is very expensive.

The only reasonable South American host I could suggest is Host1Plus and even then their level of quality isn't the best.

Good luck with your budget!

Cheers!

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

@TheLinuxBug said:
    The only host that may fit your location requirement (but not your budget) is Ginernet but even then, most of their mix is Cogent.

Hello, thank you for your mention, but it's a mistake to say that most of our transit is with Cogent. Really with Cogent we only move traffic if the connection is established from a Cogent network, otherwise for the rest of connections we use Telefonica, GTT, NTT or peering links in DECIX.

We reach all national operators in Spain in less than 1ms and 10ms with operators in Portugal.

@TerensM
    I recommend you our new KVM servers: https://ginernet.com/en/servers/vps/kvm/
    they are based on our new GridCP control panel: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/154371/gridcp-new-control-panel-for-managing-vps-servers

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2019

jmginer said: Hello, thank you for your mention, but it's a mistake to say that most of our transit is with Cogent.

Maybe this has changed more recently, but when I used your services in the past it was pure Cogent to everywhere and I didn't see much IX transit either. Not saying services were bad, but it didn't work out being very useful to me because of the fun throughput slowdowns I see intermittently on Cogent to my location through my ISP who has poor transit capacity to them.

Glad to hear things may have improved though, the servers and services them selves were quite snappy and reliable otherwise!

Cheers!

• @jmginer said:

@TheLinuxBug said:

Hello, thank you for your mention, but it's a mistake to say that most of our transit is with Cogent. Really with Cogent we only move traffic if the connection is established from a Cogent network, otherwise for the rest of connections we use Telefonica, GTT, NTT or peering links in DECIX.

We reach all national operators in Spain in less than 1ms and 10ms with operators in Portugal.

@TerensM
    I recommend you our new KVM servers: https://ginernet.com/en/servers/vps/kvm/
    they are based on our new GridCP control panel: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/154371/gridcp-new-control-panel-for-managing-vps-servers

your servers are overpriced

• uxtvdl said: your servers are overpriced

Your brain is underused.

Did you even look for a offer on LET or did you just go look at their regular prices and decide to complain? Also did you notice they include VAT in the bold cost? So if your not from EU you pay the smaller number under it that is without VAT. 5 Euro for a 1GB NVMe server doesn't seem that outrageous to me.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

@TheLinuxBug said:

jmginer said: Hello, thank you for your mention, but it's a mistake to say that most of our transit is with Cogent.

Maybe this has changed more recently, but when I used your services in the past it was pure Cogent to everywhere and I didn't see much IX transit either. Not saying services were bad, but it didn't work out being very useful to me because of the fun throughput slowdowns I see intermittently on Cogent to my location through my ISP who has poor transit capacity to them.

Glad to hear things may have improved though, the servers and services them selves were quite snappy and reliable otherwise!

Cheers!

During the years 2015 and 2016, and only in the servers of Barcelona, we had only connectivity with Cogent (the datacenter provided us a backup link with Telia, it was connected but we did not move traffic for it if it was not necessary, the price was very expensive), in 2017 we added also NTT in Barcelona until finally in 2018 we closed this datacenter completely due to the little demand that it had.

I recommend you to try our services again, in Interxion Madrid. You will find a big difference.

Thanks for your message!