Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you do with a Windows VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What would you do with a Windows VPS?

2»

Comments

• @corbpie said:
    Pray it doesnt get jacked

But it's jacked already.

• Many things you can do, such as: calculating something with Calculator, opening Internet Explorer to download Chrome, writing something in Notepad, etc.

Thanked by 1eol
  • I know I have at least one Windows VPS out there, but after installing the most recent updates, I shut it off, just like I did with my "Oh shit I need to have one just in case" Windows 10 laptop. If I actually use it for any period of time, then Windows will be gone within hours.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @laoban said:
    Many things you can do, such as: calculating something with Calculator, opening Internet Explorer to download Chrome, writing something in Notepad, etc.

... LET microsoft download your files and mess with your config, etc.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @eol said:

@laoban said:
    Many things you can do, such as: calculating something with Calculator, opening Internet Explorer to download Chrome, writing something in Notepad, etc.

Share the software (as an unwilling host node to distribute updates)!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • We use Windows VPS to enforce single user usage of various Windows products, like Autocad and Revit. It drastically cuts our licensing cost, and allows nightly builds with those products when no users are using it.

• I'd mine webd using chrome. Lol

• @Letzien said:

@eol said:

@laoban said:

Share the software (as an unwilling host node to distribute updates)!

But not only that.
    The EULA is a very interesting read.

• let it idle because I can't use windows server