Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IRCD Tutorial or Service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IRCD Tutorial or Service

Hello Friends;
First of all I want to thank you LowEndTalk providing us with great products with Discounted prices and coupons.
Friends; I need help

1. I am looking for VPS for Unrealircd/Inspircd with Free DDoS prtotection
    I can see lots of offers here on LowEndTalk, but Please guide me which ones are good choice.

Secondly Please, Provide a good video tutorial for installing and configuring Inpsircd or Unrealircd. I'm struggling , and going no where.

Few of VPS providers they offers VPS with free or little fee for Installing ircd.

Please Help.
Thanks

Comments

• LetzienLetzien Member
    edited January 2019

Asking for a video tutorial on how to install an IRC server is kind of like asking for a VHS tape on building the wheel.

• Anyone who uses IRC today and can't work out how to install an IRC server is probably planning to use it for something shady.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Mike_05 said:
    Hello Friends;
    First of all I want to thank you LowEndTalk providing us with great products with Discounted prices and coupons.
    Friends; I need help

1. I am looking for VPS for Unrealircd/Inspircd with Free DDoS prtotection
      I can see lots of offers here on LowEndTalk, but Please guide me which ones are good choice.

Secondly Please, Provide a good video tutorial for installing and configuring Inpsircd or Unrealircd. I'm struggling , and going no where.

Few of VPS providers they offers VPS with free or little fee for Installing ircd.

Please Help.
    Thanks

Hi
    We provide VPS and IRC/IRCD is allowed, you can order any of our KVM VPS for it from https://hosteons.com/vps.php

Thanks

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • @dahartigan said:
    Anyone who uses IRC today and can't work out how to install an IRC server is probably planning to use it for something shady.

* boop * got your sig!

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @dahartigan said:
    Anyone who uses IRC today and can't work out how to install an IRC server is probably planning to use it for something shady.

tbh I don't know why the shady folks haven't moved on to something more advanced with like, built-in user-to-user encryption, identification and authorization.

Instead, they are piling together old TCL scripts on a crude protocol to 'secure' their stuff until the next slightly more clever botmaster or FBI agent hijacks it.

Like, I get why old unixbeards working out of 80-character terminals still cling to it, just as they do with mailing lists

• I recommend inspircd.

• rsyncsrsyncs Member
    edited February 2019

@texteditor said:

@dahartigan said:

tbh I don't know why the shady folks haven't moved on to something more advanced with like, built-in user-to-user encryption, identification and authorization.

Instead, they are piling together old TCL scripts on a crude protocol to 'secure' their stuff until the next slightly more clever botmaster or FBI agent hijacks it.

Like, I get why old unixbeards working out of 80-character terminals still cling to it, just as they do with mailing lists

Mailing lists are complete trash. I don't get why anyone under the age of 110 would consider using them. Nonetheless, lots of LUGs stick to them for no reason. Just because everyone has an e-mail account, it doesn't mean anyone should use it if they have literally any other option (even chat over ssh is more favorable).

• Guys Please , help people if you can, If you don't wanna help then just sit back and relax.

Thanked by 1mfs
  • xzibition.com

They offer installation of Unreal for $6 and additional $3 for services if you don't want to do it yourself.

Alternatively there are lots of tutorials out there for installing unrealircd, just google Unrealircd setup tutorial. :) I'm guessing it might be the config causing issue? There is actually a youtube video of the config search for Configuration unrealircd.conf 4.0 on youtube.

• eoleol Member
    edited February 2019

@Mike_05 said:
    Guys Please , help people if you can, If you don't wanna help then just sit back and relax.

I sat back and relax and then I had the idea to post...

EDIT2:

• @eol said:

@Mike_05 said:
    Guys Please , help people if you can, If you don't wanna help then just sit back and relax.

EDIT2:

Thanks for the odd posts on my wall, both of you.

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member
    edited February 2019

@Letzien said:

@eol said:

@Mike_05 said:

EDIT2:

Thanks for the odd posts on my wall, both of you.

You're welcome.

EDIT2:
    Thank you likewise.

• PM me if you still need help.