Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1TB Storage VPS (low usage)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1TB Storage VPS (low usage)

LowLowLowLowLowLow Member
edited January 2019 in Providers

Morning all

I'm on the lookout for a vps with 1TB, it's to run a self hosted dropbox across my devices. Not much traffic will go through it (mainly photos and documents) and wondered who I should be looking at? Preferably outside the prying eyes of the US and Europe

[edit - sorry should have put this in requests, clicked a wrong darn button]

Comments

• outside the prying eyes of the US and Europe

That's probably going to narrow down your options (and increase cost) "just a bit" ...

Unless you're thinking Canada ... what else is there? Are you really looking for somewhere "exotic" for your stuff (such as India, Singapore, Japan, Korea, China, Australia, Russia) with an expectation of more better privacy?

Client-side encryption might be a more realistic approach.

Or (and) if this is low traffic for your own use might consider self-hosting NAS at home with something like Nextcloud or Seafile.

Plenty of low-cost options in NA / EU though: http://www.lowendstorage.win/

• Aye I am limiting myself big time, I was looking at cociu's offerings

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

If Bulgaria is an option for you - we have 1TB KVMs at 5EUR per month? :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @AlexBarakov said:

I'm interested, can I use it as seedbox?

• @AlexBarakov said:

If OP is curious, I have been successfully using this 1TB VPS as a SeafileCE instance for family and friends since December.

I just provide them with an 'upload share' link generated via Seafile, and I ingest and process the Videos via ffmpeg to reduce to streaming-friendly profiles.

I figure my family n friends are not a DDOS risk. Upload/download bandwidth is great on burst. (around 700mbit always available to my Hetzner dedi)

I would not use it as seedbox. A sub-10 euro kimsufi box is probably better for that.

Thanked by 2AlexBarakov uptime
  • @skizio said:

@AlexBarakov said:

bandwidth is limited :wink:

@skizio said:

@AlexBarakov said:

Nah, these are not designed for seedboxes. Additionally, seedboxes tend to generate abuse notices, which will cause further problems. Sorry.

Thanked by 1LowLowLow
  • +1 for AlphaVPS for use as a dropbox.

(But not a seedbox - better try cociu if that's what you're looking for. And I would suggest first try just monthly to make sure the service meets whatever expectations you might have.)

I found some benchmarks from @vimalware for the AlphaVPS 1 TB storage in an earlier thread here.

I have the smaller 128 gb version which has been working nicely as well. One thing to consider when comparing offers is that the AlphaVPS storage plan virtualization is KVM rather than OpenVZ - so that makes it easier to do full-disk encryption, using an up-to-date kernel, and all that good stuff.

• I Already with cociu since for 2 week and already disapointed, they need 4 days to deliver my vps and now down for 1 week. And every ticked raised they need 4 days to reply. My worst vps experience.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

We have some Options as well : Please check it Here

Thanked by 1LowLowLow
  • Thanks for that, although the storage isn't what I'm looking for

@XiNiX said:
    We have some Options as well : Please check it Here

• Ah ok, that's interesting, what is the issue?

@skizio said:
    I Already with cociu since for 2 week and already disapointed, they need 4 days to deliver my vps and now down for 1 week. And every ticked raised they need 4 days to reply. My worst vps experience.

• Hi mate, I was looking at your website and it's still showing black friday event?

@LowLowLow said:

Hi mate, I was looking at your website and it's still showing black friday event?

Our new website should have been done right after the event ended, in mid Dec, but it's taking much longer than anticipated. Will be updated soon.

• @AlexBarakov said:

@LowLowLow said:

Hi mate, I was looking at your website and it's still showing black friday event?

Our new website should have been done right after the event ended, in mid Dec, but it's taking much longer than anticipated. Will be updated soon.

Are BF/CM deals still available? I saw one deal which says 15EUR/year but on the order page it is 25EUR/year

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited January 2019

@alilet said:

@AlexBarakov said:

@LowLowLow said:

Are BF/CM deals still available? I saw one deal which says 15EUR/year but on the order page it is 25EUR/year

The 128gb256gb is 25/yr. Seems to be a typo in whmcs

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

I noticed that too - the original offer thread on LET advertised 256 gb storage deal for 25€/yr and 128 gb for 15€

And yes seems like those prices are still available.

@uptime said:
    I noticed that too - the original offer thread on LET advertised 256 gb storage deal for 25€/yr and 128 gb for 15€

And yes seems like those prices are still available.

Correct, pricing is available and recurring. And will soon follow up in another EU location. This is our official storage pricing and will unlikely receive any further discounts, though I believe that price per TB ratio is okey, considering it is based on KVM.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @AlexBarakov said:

more details please !!

• @greavette said:
    I hope I'm not breaking any rules here with my first post.

I'd like to recommend Symmcom for VPS.

https://www.symmcom.com/products-services/vps

I'd also like to suggest another offer from Symmcom for a free Nextcloud host up to 50GB of storage they also have available.

Thank you.

It's not against the rules, you just burn credibility linking to pricing that doesn't have 1TB storage and pricing is far, far above LET pricing. And mention of a Nextcloud free plan with no details.

So in the future, people will just ignore you or call you a shill.

Thanked by 1eol