Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bing search gets blocked in China. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bing search gets blocked in China.

2»

Comments

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

It's quite difficult to be a tourist over there. Bing sucks even worse there than it does here.

Despite showing you the English language version of the site html they continue to return chinese results to many searches... Definately worth making sure you have an Android compatible VPN to get Google when touring china :+1:

• @UK1Host said:
    Update: Microsoft's search engine Bing has been restored in China after being inaccessible in the country for almost two days. According to sources familiar with the matter, Bing was blocked due to an accidental technical error and not due to an attempt at censorship.

Well, Whatsapp wasn't blocked from one day to the next. That block went rather slow.

@eol said:
    Great news.

It's sad news. Bing is still way better than any China alternative. It's my default search engine when I am in China (unless I use VPN, then it's google) .

And BTW, Bing beats google with the reverse IP search function. I am not aware that google has reverse IP search.

Example:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=ip:165.231.193.96

Thanked by 1eol
  • HaBangNetHaBangNet Member, Host Rep

I don't think Bing being blocked in China, as I can still search using Bing today. From what I know previously issue was cause by some dns issue on the cn sub domain.