Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Free] Need feedback for WPvivid Backup/Restore (a new free WordPress backup plugin)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Free] Need feedback for WPvivid Backup/Restore (a new free WordPress backup plugin)

Hi guys,

I am from WPvivid team, and we released a new WordPress backup plugin called WPvivid Backup/Restore. It is available to download from WordPress plugin directory now.

Being a backup plugin, it covers all basic features including one–click backup and restore, both manual and scheduled backups, cloud storage options and more. For the detailed information, please check the WordPress directory link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpvivid-backuprestore/

We would love to hear any feedbacks on it. Your feedback will help us refine it and make it one of the best backup plugins in WordPress community.

Thanks

Thanked by 1warih

Comments

• I will try, so far I have used BackWPup

Thanked by 1BoldBaatar
  • Will it support GoogleDrive Dropbox etc in the future?

Thanked by 1BoldBaatar
  • @warih said:
    I will try, so far I have used BackWPup

Thanks bro. I will really appreciate it if you give me your feedback.

• BoldBaatarBoldBaatar Member
    edited January 2019

@Kiwi83 said:
    Will it support GoogleDrive Dropbox etc in the future?

More cloud storage including Dropbox and Google Drive will be coverd in the future. Dropbox will be added in near future release.

• This looks interesting, are you planning to support multisite?

• It seems that there is no way to restore a backup file from my local computer. I don't see an upload tab?

• @casualjoe said:
    This looks interesting, are you planning to support multisite?

We will add more features in the future including multisite backup and restore.

• @Kiwi83 said:
    It seems that there is no way to restore a backup file from my local computer. I don't see an upload tab?

The current version doesn’t support to upload the backups from local computer. If users need this feature, we will consider to add this in future release.

Does it work well on your site?

• It's pretty weird that you can download backups to your computer, but can't upload backups from your computer to restore them.

There are already many backup plugins out there offering very similar features. Right now I don't see why should I recommend your plugin to my friends rather than other popular ones.

• @Kiwi83 said:
    It's pretty weird that you can download backups to your computer, but can't upload backups from your computer to restore them.

There are already many backup plugins out there offering very similar features. Right now I don't see why should I recommend your plugin to my friends rather than other popular ones.

I'm really sorry about this. We will add this next few releases. I know that there is no second chance to earn user's trust. However, I really appreciate that you expressed your thought on our plugin. Anyway, thanks for testing it and giving me your feedback.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @Kiwi83 said:
    It's pretty weird that you can download backups to your computer, but can't upload backups from your computer to restore them.

Currently, backup upload feature is included in new release. In addition to that, it covers site migration feature and more cloud storage providers. We would appreciate it if you give us any feedback. Thanks in advance.

• Nice,I will try it,and recommend it.

Thanked by 1BoldBaatar
  • just took backup working fine as intended took long time to generate backup compare to wp all in one but has more feature

Thanked by 1BoldBaatar
  • @webclouddev said:
    just took backup working fine as intended took long time to generate backup compare to wp all in one but has more feature

Thanks for your feedback. You can try site migration feature if you are interested.

• @BoldBaatar said:
    Currently, backup upload feature is included in new release. In addition to that, it covers site migration feature and more cloud storage providers. We would appreciate it if you give us any feedback. Thanks in advance.

I tried the website migration feature but it didn't work.

Though it said:

The connection is ok. Now you can transfer the site http://a.example.com to the site http://b.example.com

When I click the transfer button it shows:

Error: wpvivid_request: error(Internal Server Error): an error occurred while transferring website. This error could be caused by an unstable internet connection. Please try again later.

I have no idea what does "unstable internet connection" mean. I was using 2 DigitalOcean VPSes in the same location. They both have a stable Internet connection.

By the way, what does the countdown mean?

• Let the dead sleep, don't revive them

• @Kiwi83 said:

@BoldBaatar said:

I tried the website migration feature but it didn't work.

Though it said:

The connection is ok. Now you can transfer the site http://a.example.com to the site http://b.example.com

When I click the transfer button it shows:

Error: wpvivid_request: error(Internal Server Error): an error occurred while transferring website. This error could be caused by an unstable internet connection. Please try again later.

I have no idea what does "unstable internet connection" mean. I was using 2 DigitalOcean VPSes in the same location. They both have a stable Internet connection.

By the way, what does the countdown mean?

Thanks for your feedback. I'm really sorry about the error. We will check it. If you failed to transfer website by the key, there is another way to migrate the website with WPvivid backup plugin. Download a backup from A.com and upload to B.com and restore it. This is also enables you to transfer site successfully.
    The countdown is an expiration time for the key.