Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very weird VPS Request - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Very weird VPS Request

2»

Comments

• @sudoranger said:

@Janevski said:
    Even if the provider supports payment by potatoecoin, i think you would still need to supply a valid ip, name and address in most WHMCS provisioning systems.

Can we like use our ex-classmate's grandmother's ex's boyfriends from the 60's details during the WHMCS provisioning? They wouldn't know right? I'm using Sudo as my first name and Ranger as my last name Google still allow me to use their service :smiley:

The MaxMind module would likely say no.

• @Janevski said:
    The MaxMind module would likely say no.

Damn it...

Reject Free Email Service
    Ticking this option checks if the e-mail domain used by the customer is from a free e-mail provider and if so will flag the order as fraud. Examples of free e-mail providers include the following: Yahoo.com, Gmail.com, and MSN.com. The MaxMind system currently has categorised 31,000 free e-mail domain providers around the world.

Reject High Risk Country
    Select this option to mark an order as fraudulent if the transaction's billing address or IP address is located in a country that MaxMind has flagged as high risk.

It's their lost then... :smiley:

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2019

Ticking [Reject Free Email Service] is stupid.

But ticking [Reject High Risk Country] is certainly a valid choice if you are earning good enough. Reduces a lot of headaches and manpower.

When a host is new and desperate, they sometimes accept orders from high risk nations, then they come to LET to complain about chargebacks. (True story)

Thanked by 1uxtvdl
  • I don't know anyone who uses a reject on free email (alone) in practice.
    The MaxMind module makes ModulesGarden look like intelligent design.

I have nothing but disdain for that module, which can't really be told what to do, and has a pass/fail mechanism with trivial means of customizing- other than having it throw the order which is marked to Fail into a queue for checking out manually. Seriously, it's bad.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul