Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hp Proliant gen8 and DEBIAN-Proxmox issue ! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hp Proliant gen8 and DEBIAN-Proxmox issue !

2»

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

It was a pleasure to help you. I will write a detailed reply regarding this issue.

• @cociu said:

zhaoxi said: Can you repair your home panel, all the systems can not be installed. The dedicated server has always been unusable.

dedicated servers is work perfectly if you know what you have buy , in a g6 servers due of old kernel is possible to not work autoprovisioning for new kernels like proxmox , debian 8-9 , you need ilo and install manually so if you have any problem related with this please open a tiket.

not debian 8-9,is was all system。

https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/viewticket.php?tid=458801&c=TFl0i2eS

• @cociu said:

zhaoxi said: Can you repair your home panel, all the systems can not be installed. The dedicated server has always been unusable.

dedicated servers is work perfectly if you know what you have buy , in a g6 servers due of old kernel is possible to not work autoprovisioning for new kernels like proxmox , debian 8-9 , you need ilo and install manually so if you have any problem related with this please open a tiket.

The system built in your home, all, all, can't be used.

• Do you think this is normal?

• which is work perfectly????

• zhaoxi said: which is work perfectly????

nope is not normal , the dedi should be there if is payed. Any way please pm with the tiket number , this is a unseen error until now.

• @cociu said:

zhaoxi said: which is work perfectly????

nope is not normal , the dedi should be there if is payed. Any way please pm with the tiket number , this is a unseen error until now.

The machine can't be used, and reinstalling is useless. You don't believe, you can try ssh this server , and you will know.

• zhaoxi said: The machine can't be used, and reinstalling is useless. You don't believe, you can try ssh this server , and you will know.

we talk here about panel , you have opened the first tiket today at 10.00 so 4 hours ago , now you told me no ssh. Please first follow my instructions to get the panel working , like i have told you is something from your browser. After resolve the pannel try to reinstall and see what is with your dedi. If your problem persist open a tiket and give us the error you got.

Also please understand LET is not our helpdesk

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

HP Raid controllers may be sh_tty but I think it's actually two problems. One might be those Raid controllers. The other one - and the main problem - though seems to be with LXC and disk handling.

With other types (e.g. KVM) it does work. So we can be pretty sure that the problem is LXC related.

My guess: LXC has a problem, possibly only with certain controllers, when many different processes use the Raid array.

One thing I'd try is to have a single disk and no Raid and then see whether it works properly (I guess yes). Next thing I'd try is to have 2 disks in a software Raid 1 and see whether it works (I guess yes). Only then would I buy and test with an LSI controller and see whether it works.

Frankly, I personally would either just go KVM (if getting up my product quickly was the priority) or I'd go software Raid (if going LXC was my priority and if tests show it to work properly).

Btw: Kudos to @cociu for his transparency.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • @cociu said:

zhaoxi said: The machine can't be used, and reinstalling is useless. You don't believe, you can try ssh this server , and you will know.

we talk here about panel , you have opened the first tiket today at 10.00 so 4 hours ago , now you told me no ssh. Please first follow my instructions to get the panel working , like i have told you is something from your browser. After resolve the pannel try to reinstall and see what is with your dedi. If your problem persist open a tiket and give us the error you got.

Also please understand LET is not our helpdesk

You told me to restart, and then the machine is broken.