Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo increased Mbit/s of their VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo increased Mbit/s of their VPS?

If I remember correctly before their VPS line would all be limited to 100 Mbit/s except for the highest plan which was 1 Gbit/s shared.

Now they seem to have changed this atleast for the SSD VPS line:

VPS S: 200 Mbit/s

VPS M: 400 Mbit/s

VPS L: 600 Mbit/s

VPS XL: 1000 Mbit/s

Quite an interesting change, as 100 Mbit/s often was the reason why some ppl would hesitate.

Comments

• Thanked by 1Falzo
  • if you don't do a search. It's easy to be out of date for a year

• Tempting but I know in the end the network must be utter shit at those prices.

• It was crappy for me , gave up and cancelled

• This has been the case for SSD offers for ages now, it's the HDD offers that are 100 Mbit, apart from the largest package.

• @Ympker said:
    @Falzo

ya I think I noticed that change already... definitely the right way to be more attractive but still doesn't convince me into trying them ;-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • They still write this at the end of the page:

Für den Fall, dass Ihr Server mit einem Port mit einer höheren Geschwindigkeit als 100 Mbit/s ausgestattet ist: Bei einem Durchschnittsverbrauch über 100 Mbit/s in einem zusammenhängenden Zeitraum von mindestens 9 Tagen erfolgt eine Umstellung der Anbindung auf 100 Mbit/s

Roughly meaning that, if your port is higher than 100mbit/s, your average consumption can’t exceed 100mbit/s for 9 days in a row. I guess this is the case for these SSD VPSs.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @sgheghele said:
    They still write this at the end of the page:

Für den Fall, dass Ihr Server mit einem Port mit einer höheren Geschwindigkeit als 100 Mbit/s ausgestattet ist: Bei einem Durchschnittsverbrauch über 100 Mbit/s in einem zusammenhängenden Zeitraum von mindestens 9 Tagen erfolgt eine Umstellung der Anbindung auf 100 Mbit/s

Roughly meaning that, if your port is higher than 100mbit/s, your average consumption can’t exceed 100mbit/s for 9 days in a row. I guess this is the case for these SSD VPSs.

They had this limiting applied before already though. So nothing new here. The idea that atleast to some extent a higher boost is possible is a nice improvement :)

• Indeed they changed it a few months ago, probably with the introduction of the new plans. The port speed for the SSD plans now increases progressively (instead of 100, 100, 100, 1000), but the usage limit is still 100 mbit/s, as has been stated already.

Even more recently they changed their pricing to include a setup fee, if you don't prepay for a year. Before that there was no setup fee and choosing the 12 month plan gave you a 4€ discount.

Thanked by 1Ympker