Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got this shiny new VPS from VirMach
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I got this shiny new VPS from VirMach

Ok, I got this shiny new VPS from VirMach. I am trying to log into SolusVM control panel but the root user and password is not working. Following is the email I received from them:

If you would like to access your control panel independently, you can use the direct link. Your username is "XXXXX" and you must reset your password to obtain it.

If I enter this username and root password then it doesn't work. If I go to forgot password section and enter this username then it says user doesn't exist. Don't want to bother VirMach with a ticket so I came here because I am a noob and may be this is something very simple.

Comments

• The username/password combination you received in the email is for the SolusVM control panel.

The root password for your VPS should have been set during the checkout process, which is not the same as the SolusVM password.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Don't want to bother VirMach with a ticket so I came here because I am a noob and may be this is something very simple.

Bother them, you are paying for the privilege to do so :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

I've found that clicking on service name displayed via https://billing.virmach.com/clientarea.php?action=services will bring up the corresponding SolusVM panel (already logged in, with login handled behind the scenes). Maybe give that a try, and be aware that your VirMach main account login will be different from your SolusVM login for a particular service, so some opportunity for confusion there.

EDIT2: I think opening a ticket for this wouldn't be out of line - they may want to improve the onboarding process, lest newbs find themselves accepting too much advice from the Trolls of LET. Well meaning or otherwise ... Also there might be something other than pebkac going on with the provisioning.

EDIT3: Good luck with your virmach

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • check welcome email from virmach,

• @jefflin555 said:
    The username/password combination you received in the email is for the SolusVM control panel.

The root password for your VPS should have been set during the checkout process, which is not the same as the SolusVM password.

Other way around to my experience. Root password is actually for the VPS, but you need to reset the password to get access to SolusVM.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

right ... looking at some emails from a couple months ago:

Advanced Control Panel
    Your VPS controls are available on your service details page. Here you can reboot your VPS, re-install your operating system, and more. If you require advanced direct access to your full SolusVM control panel, you may click the "Control Panel" button on your service details page. You will automatically be logged in to your control panel. If you would like to access your control panel independently, you can use the direct link. Your username is "kvmspecXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" and you must reset your password to obtain it.

Subject of that particular email was "Your New Premium VPS"

But it sounds like the OP got to that part ... might want to doublecheck the specified username. And then open a ticket.

EDIT: ... everybody gets one.

Thanked by 2Skander Letzien
  • you're supposed to let it idle.

Thanked by 3uptime imok eol
  • For whatever reason, they issue you a SolusVM (Management) login which is generated at the time of your service being created. Each service has it's own login for the management console, and the first time you access it, you need to enter that username and submit a password request from the login page, and it will be emailed to you.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • You don't have a pretty female name; too French.

Thanked by 1alilet
  • Endis Nigh sounds a bit Scottish to me.

Thanked by 2Letzien alilet
  • @Letzien said:

You don't have a pretty female name; too French.

TF;DR
    Too French Didn't Read

Thanked by 3Letzien eol MasonR
  • My question is

How shiny is it

Thanked by 2eol Chuck
  • @cybertech said:
    My question is

How shiny is it

0iled b00bs

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • Your username is not 'root'. Find the SolusVM username in the emails/dashboard

• Here is an idea. Why don't you post the complete email so low-end detective can decipher it for you

Thanked by 2eol Chuck
  • @Skander said:

Don't want to bother VirMach with a ticket so I came here because I am a noob and may be this is something very simple.

Bother them, you are paying for the privilege to do so :)

Not If he checked the no support policy for virmach. MAYBE he is afraid to get charged for support.