Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage KVM - dedicated CPU - Unmetered BW - 400 to 1600 GB disk - Phoenix USA, London UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage KVM - dedicated CPU - Unmetered BW - 400 to 1600 GB disk - Phoenix USA, London UK

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Hi Folks,

The package that fits the LET pricing is as follows and is available in the UK and Phoenix AZ USA

1 CPU Core (1/2 core dedicated to use 24x7, full core dedicated on bigger plans)
2 GB RAM
400 GB Raid 5 Disk space
2TB Outbound BW
Unmetered inbound BW
1 x IPv4

USA Order Link

UK Order Link

Price €5.25 p/month no coupon codes needed.

Order a yearly package and get 13 months for the price of 12,

Other packages available up to 8GB Ram and 1600GB Disk space with fully dedicated cores

There are no specific use restrictions however you should purchase this with the primary use being storage which is why all packages come with 1 CPU core maximum, this is also a confirmation field on the order form.

Anthony.

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Is it possible to upgrade an existing plan to a larger plan later on, without losing the data on disk?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

joepie91 said: Is it possible to upgrade an existing plan to a larger plan later on, without losing the data on disk?

Yep, just boot in to gparted or w/e/ and expand your partition.

• These look really nice. Very tempted to give one a whirl.

• Could you explain the whole thing about "the primary use being storage which is why all packages come with 1 CPU core maximum" ??

If I order a plan with a dedicated core then that's what I'm limited to, so what does it matter what I use the VPS for? Or is it more of a disk I/O thing?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@blackbird said:
    Could you explain the whole thing about "the primary use being storage which is why all packages come with 1 CPU core maximum" ??

If I order a plan with a dedicated core then that's what I'm limited to, so what does it matter what I use the VPS for? Or is it more of a disk I/O thing?

My guess would be "pls don't transcode 24/7" or similar.

• @MikeA said:

But since it's a dedicated core, what does it matter if I use it 0% or 100%?

• @blackbird said:

@MikeA said:

But since it's a dedicated core, what does it matter if I use it 0% or 100%?

@AnthonySmith said:

1 CPU Core (1/2 core dedicated to use 24x7, full core dedicated on bigger plans)

0.5 of a core

Not sure on the semantics tbh but if you need more power then pay more money.

• Assuming I chose a plan with a full dedicated core.

I just don't understand the cautionary statement, seeing how it's dedicated resources...

• @blackbird said:
    Assuming I chose a plan with a full dedicated core.

I just don't understand the cautionary statement, seeing how it's dedicated resources...

I don't know tbh, the normal VPS plans with dedicated cores are more expensive than the storage plans are.

I assume (I'm guessing) that the provider expects/hopes that storage customers will use less resources.

Only @AnthonySmith can give the definative answer :p

• Yeah, maybe he just means "The most you will get is 1 dedicated core, so it's more suited for storage than high-CPU usage websites"

Maybe I'm just over-analyzing it. But it's the first time I've seen a VPS with a dedicated core, and a provider expecting a certain usage from it. I thought the whole point of getting a dedicated core is that you can do what you want, and not impact other users on the node. :smile:

• @blackbird, what I got from @AnthonySmith when I asked him in a ticket a while ago was this:

The statement/understanding is there so as to avoid any unrealistic expectations people may have, it is all to common to see public complaints from users about slow storage from other companies selling 'storage' packages and then people go and install WHM/cPanel on them or something else very disk IOPS bound.

Thanked by 1blackbird
  • Thanks for that. Makes sense. I could see people (especially on LET) doing a "Why isn't my HDD storage VPS performing as fast as my NVME 4-CPU VPS?" :neutral:

edited January 2019

Yes it really means keep in mind this is raid 5 spinning disk storage, intended for storage not app stack performance

Thanked by 2AuroraZ vimalware
    edited January 2019

Hmm. Since when do offer threads not auto-sink anymore?

(Not specific to this thread, to be clear. I see other offer threads getting bumped too.)

It was broken during BF/CM and it seemed to not cause any major upset so it was left broken I believe.

Typical :)