Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need multiple low end servers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need multiple low end servers

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

lol

Thanked by 2eol runalsh
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    lol

Sell me some loss-leaders, but I want them hourly. NOW!

• @Letzien said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    lol

Sell me some loss-leaders, but I want them hourly. NOW!

Oh, please. Why do you guys distort everything I say...

• Why are you so butthurt when I've never directly attacked you for being a cheap shitty customer?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

PMS, I said it.

• eoleol Member

Get one or more dedis and run a couple of KVMs.

• @eol said:

Dude would probably get more leverage with some OVZs. Less overhead that way.

• @Letzien said:
    Why are you so butthurt when I've never directly attacked you for being a cheap shitty customer?

Not butthurt, I just mentioned that you distorted what I said: I didn't demand hourly payments, I just said I don't want to pay yearly.

• @theneutral said:

@Letzien said:
    Why are you so butthurt when I've never directly attacked you for being a cheap shitty customer?

Not butthurt, I just mentioned that you distorted what I said: I didn't demand hourly payments, I just said I don't want to pay yearly.

You implied heavily that you'd prefer hourly.. for a $1/mo service. Then, you removed that from your initial post.

edited January 2019

Payment of $1 = about $0.30 after licence/IP/transaction fee's

so... LOL was justified.

Good luck with your budget.

Thanked by 2Letzien eol
  • @Letzien said:
    You implied heavily that you'd prefer hourly.. for a $1/mo service. Then, you removed that from your initial post.

I had told you explicitly that what I needed is for it not to be yearly. I removed to make things easier.

• How about Rusty Browns' ring donuts?

• eoleol Member

@Letzien said:

@eol said:

Dude would probably get more leverage with some OVZs. Less overhead that way.

But more flexible and more control.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Payment of $1 = about $0.30 after licence/IP/transaction fee's

Which license would I have to pay for, may I ask? Let's say I put Ubuntu on either KVM/OpenVZ.

edited January 2019

theneutral said: I had told you explicitly that what I needed is for it not to be yearly. I removed to make things easier.

And you said specifically that you want $1 p/month or less

Show me another service you can get for 0.01c p/day or equivalent and I will show you the colocrossing shill host that did not last 12 months!

Thanked by 1AuroraZ

theneutral said: Which license would I have to pay for, may I ask? Let's say I put Ubuntu on either KVM/OpenVZ.

you dont, we (hosts) do!

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • theneutraltheneutral Member
    edited January 2019

@AnthonySmith said:
    And you said specifically that you want $1 p/month or less
    Show me another service you can get for 0.01c p/day or equivalent and I will show you the colocrossing shill host that did not last 12 months!

I honestly thought $1 would be possible on a OpenVZ, since some $2 KVM/VMware servers are easy to find.

I mean, I asked for 256 MB less RAM, 4x less disk space, and 5x less link speed, than what I have for €2 with KVM.

@AnthonySmith said:
    you dont, we (hosts) do!

OK, no problem, I just was curious to know which license.

• Hosts have to pay for the licenses to carve up VPS. Some use Proxmox, but it is only supposed to be free for personal use. Solus, Virtualizer, etc.. cost money. They have to pay to get IPs and then pay yearly for them. The cost of this is rising dramatically. They have to buy/rent the dedicated servers to carve them up. They have to pay for coloing said servers. They have to pay people to support said products.

Taking all of this into consideration $1 a month is not even close to feasible. Sure you can find people running specials, that are loss leaders, in the hopes they will garner a bigger customer.

Loss leading means taking a loss in the hopes you, or some one you tell, will buy a more expensive package to make up for it.